Stake Community

Featured Comment

To be perfectly honest, I love them both, but I love superhero movies/genre in general :) (if we're talking about movies here, since they are in the public eye more nowadays)

I have developed a smaller preference towards Marvel because they make more movies on a yearly basis, so let's say they satiate my appetite for this genre better :D 
But when DC does a movie, sometimes it is either a total failure (I hated Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad), or it is a hit (I loved Wonder Woman/Justice League) ;) 

I hate picking btw the two, but if looked from the perspective of returning to the films, I would rather binge Marvel than DC ALWAYS😍

Marvel-Movie-Timeline-410x1024.png

DC has more iconic characters but Marvel has done an amazing job in making much better movies.  Now that Disney owns Marvel, I would expect that trend to continue, Warner just can't seem to get it together with their DC characters, for every Wonder Woman movie that works, there's one, two or three that don't.  Meanwhile Marvel makes their whole character "stable" work, it amazes me.  I don't even like many of their characters, looking at you Iron Man, and their movies work, it's impressive.

When it comes to movies.. Marvel is a clear winner. But.. Marvel and DC are much more than this and that’s when it’s becoming hard determining who’s better.

i don’t really care about Marvel or DC or Standalone (as Spawn is f.i.). It’s about the story. There were shitty story lines about a lot of heroes. A lot of plots in the movies are coming from the comics, like the race between The Flash and Superman.

i just enjoy comics and it’s a great thing they‘re coming in movies and tv shows. Some are good, some are bad.. why exactly the DC movies fail so hard.. no idea.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:40 AM, Bojana said:

To be perfectly honest, I love them both, but I love superhero movies/genre in general :) (if we're talking about movies here, since they are in the public eye more nowadays)

I have developed a smaller preference towards Marvel because they make more movies on a yearly basis, so let's say they satiate my appetite for this genre better :D 
But when DC does a movie, sometimes it is either a total failure (I hated Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad), or it is a hit (I loved Wonder Woman/Justice League) ;) 

I hate picking btw the two, but if looked from the perspective of returning to the films, I would rather binge Marvel than DC ALWAYS😍

Marvel-Movie-Timeline-410x1024.png

Look up when they‘ve started. Back with Iron Man and Hulk. There wasn’t much. It just got some speed in the last years. DC is still on development and finding itself when it comes to the movies. 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:46 AM, CaptainLorca said:

Look up when they‘ve started. Back with Iron Man and Hulk. There wasn’t much. It just got some speed in the last years. DC is still on development and finding itself when it comes to the movies. 

Yes, I remember the 1st HulkS and how lame IronMan's suit was xD 

2 hours ago, Bojana said:

Yes, I remember the 1st HulkS and how lame IronMan's suit was xD 

Remember that I really was „holy fuck yes!!!“ when I saw Iron Man the first time. I‘ve been a long time Iron Man fan.. but it got kinda ruined with the movies. 

Hulk was.. not so close to the comics. They managed to give him the personality from comics in the last movies slowly. That’s what they have fucked up in the first solo-movies.

I prefer Marvel because they actually have a storyline to there movies, i don't like dc because Justice League was sooo bad and it completely ruined it for them, wonder woman was a very good film but in my opinion thats the only good film they've made :)

7 hours ago, jxAlpQWEnA said:

I prefer Marvel because they actually have a storyline to there movies, i don't like dc because Justice League was sooo bad and it completely ruined it for them, wonder woman was a very good film but in my opinion thats the only good film they've made :)

You mean multiversum right? Because the Nolan Batmam has its storyline.. and since Man of Steel they trying to install a multiverse.. even if they somehow terribly fail with it.

16 hours ago, skywallkee said:

I'm a Flash's fanboy since I was a kid, so I'll go with DC :D But I do like both of them when it comes to movies, there's no movie I haven't seen from Marvel or DC :D

Me too, @skywallkee, I honestly spend my days sometimes rewatching them based on the timeline I posted above, they can never bore me :D

19 hours ago, CryptoAnt said:

I feel like DC is falling behind in the general public's eye for movies. So for NOW, I will say Marvel to watch. FOR MOVIES. But DC has great tv shows... like the flash^ and gotham haha

Gotham is pretty amazing and on spot, yes, I agree :D

I prefer Marvel over DC. Maybe because of my knowledge about DCU too little but as I see, so many DC heroes have so much power but still have just some silly weakness. And I have to say MCU movie is much more attractive compares to DC