Jump to content
Stake Forum
Shaniqua

Please explain if you know how to use !odds function in detail if you know..

Featured Comment

Every now and then i see a user type in                                                                                           
!odds ##### ### and some numbers..                                                                           
                                                                                                                             
Can someone if you know please explain to me in detail how to use this function, 
Also is it in any way customizable? like the !cv command? You know, what I mean?                                    
Or is the output of the !odds very standard and fixed, as in odds of losing x bets in a row at yada multiplier is 1 in lalala bets.

I hope this isnt too noobish question for the maths folk.                                                    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

!odds (number of bets in a row) (percentage chance of win). So for example, !odds 3 80 = The chance of losing 3 bets in a row, at an 80% win rate.

It is not customization, but if you are looking for a lose rate, just use 100% - win rate etc. It is a very useful command on Stake :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @williamshennie9 said above, you enter the number of bets in a row, followed by the win chance. So for the odds of losing 5 bets in a row at 75% win chance, you would enter: !odds 5 75 = 1 in 1024 bets.

However, this is only for the first 5 bets you make! After this, the longer you leave your auto-player, the odds of seeing 5 losing bets in a row increases over time (I think). I have no idea how to calculate what the actual odds are, but if you left it to run all day, I think the odds that you would see 5 losing bets in a row with 75% would be far greater than 1 in 1024 bets and much closer to 100%. So be careful with how long you run your auto-bet if you are playing martingale or a similar system! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is    the   explained    above    as,    far    as    far    as    the    customizability    of    the    odds    feature    goes,    or    does    it    have    other    option s    one    can    use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i never quite understood how that command work. Plus, i dont trust it.. haha It could be a set up! But joking aside, ive seen it used alot back at PD not so much here at stake. Its only giving you odds for dice i think and not very many people here play dice exclusively compared to PD which you dont really have a choice. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i never used it cuz i dont know to use it but ive seen it used a lot player on pilipino channel

i never used it cuz i dont know to use it but ive seen it used a lot player on pilipino channel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to above replies, you can use it both ways. Odds of losing in a row is the same as odds of winning in a row. This doesn't come in handy most of the time but I'll give two examples where I use it.

For a tier challenge sometime last November? I think, it was seeing how many greens in a row can people get playing 2x dice. That's basically the same as how many reds/losses you can get in a row at the same chances. So when I hit a 20 green streak I knew there's very slim chances of me hitting another one even bigger on the same seed, meaning I switched seeds asap 😛

My second example is where I use it alot. When you play 3x dice, sometimes you can win 3+ times in a row on the same side. !odds 3 33 = once every 3.32 bets, but since you want to see how rare it is to actually win, it'd be the other percentage (!odds 3 67) which gives once every 27.83 bets. 4 greens in a row is once every 84.32 bets, meaning I usually switch sides after winning 3 to 4 bets in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

is    the   explained    above    as,    far    as    far    as    the    customizability    of    the    odds    feature    goes,    or    does    it    have    other    option s    one    can    use?

I have never seen it used another way, that is it as far as I know.

4 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

Yeah i never quite understood how that command work. Plus, i dont trust it.. haha It could be a set up!

It's very simple actually, you can do the maths yourself to verify it pretty easily.

For !odds 5 50, you want the odds of losing 5 bets in a row with 50% win chance.
So lose chance is also 50% or 0.5. To lose 5 bets in a row = 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5 or 0.5^5 = 0.03125.

To find out how many bets on average for this, do 1 / 0.03125 = 32. So its 1 in 32 bets.

Another example:
!odds 10 25: Which means the odds of losing 10 bets in a row with 25% win chance (or 75% loss chance). 10 bets in a row = 0.75^10 = 0.056313515.
1 / 0.056313515 = 17.7577.

So it's 1 in 17.7577 bets. I hope that makes things a bit clearer! 😁

And yes, as irawk0 explained, you can use it to find the odds of a string of wins, too. But remember, it's only for the first attempt! (The first set of bets you make). Best of luck with using the command, I hope it's a bit easier to understand now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×