Stake Community
Gisele

Is a way to finish with it ?

Featured Comment

35 minutes ago, Vladv26 said:

If you want to quit smoking(drugs or cigarettes or anything) it is all about your mind. There is no strategy like I smoke half a pack today, 5 ciggarets tommorow, 2 ciggarets the next day and then I quit. No, if you want to quit than do it instantly. Just stop

Actually, doing it instantly will harm your body and doing it with less and less will help you do it better. When you're addicted to something, not just your brain is addicted to you, but your body too. Your body gets used to those chemicals inside of it and from now on he asks for them and if they're not, it will think that the balance isn't equilibrated anymore and is going crazy. Even in the detoxification centres, the way they make you not being an addicted anymore is by giving you doses of the thing you're addicted to in quantities smaller gradually. In this way, your body and brain won't be affected by the change. A change like this has to be made in at least 1 month and the addiction and temptation will disappear completely only after ~7 months. 

The only way to get rid of it fast, from now to tomorrow, is by having some kind of trauma or accident and make your brain deny the need for it. But even in these cases, there can be damages because of the imbalance in your body.

11 hours ago, skywallkee said:

Actually, doing it instantly will harm your body and doing it with less and less will help you do it better. When you're addicted to something, not just your brain is addicted to you, but your body too. Your body gets used to those chemicals inside of it and from now on he asks for them and if they're not, it will think that the balance isn't equilibrated anymore and is going crazy. Even in the detoxification centres, the way they make you not being an addicted anymore is by giving you doses of the thing you're addicted to in quantities smaller gradually. In this way, your body and brain won't be affected by the change. A change like this has to be made in at least 1 month and the addiction and temptation will disappear completely only after ~7 months. 

The only way to get rid of it fast, from now to tomorrow, is by having some kind of trauma or accident and make your brain deny the need for it. But even in these cases, there can be damages because of the imbalance in your body.

Belive me I know for sure that doing it instantly is not going to make anything bad to your body. I have friends that smoked for 15-20 years and then they suddenly stopped instantly because this is the best way to do it. As I said it doesnt work with the mindset ,,I am going to smoke 10 cigarettes now, 5 tomorrow and so"

I guess it also depends on different factors like how long you have been smoking, how much, your age, other health issues that you have/had. It is different from person toto person

Edited by Vladv26

I quit smoking instantly. We argued with my wife and I just could not lose. So I did it. The first 5 days were difficult, but gradually I began to forget about it. And now I have not been smoking for a year and even turn me away from the fact that someone is smoking.  The method today is 10 cigarettes, tomorrow 5 and so on does not work. This is self-deception. I wish you will cope with dependency.