Stake Forum
xtinepink

Did you sell some of your things just to deposit it and play?

Featured Comment

Hey all stakers and friends!

I know that there are people who loan to deposit it on their gambling accounts, what if there are no one to offer you some loans? 

It’s pretty weird to ask but it got in my mind and wanted to know if you ever have to sell your things or even properties just to save your cravings for gambling? 

I heard some of those stories from television, news or articles but was wondering if there are people who already did those? 

Can you tell us your story? 

On 8/29/2018 at 12:05 PM, anonnep said:

hehe one time and i regret ..lol

What did you sell and for how much ? xD 

ive sold already most of my valuable items already,                                                                             
sold 1000s upon 1000s of dollars feeding this sickness....                                                         

On 8/29/2018 at 6:48 AM, xtinepink said:

I know that there are people who loan to deposit it on their gambling accounts, what if there are no one to offer you some loans? 

It’s pretty weird to ask but it got in my mind and wanted to know if you ever have to sell your things or even properties just to save your cravings for gambling? 

I heard some of those stories from television, news or articles but was wondering if there are people who already did those? 

Naaah. I wouldn't even think about it. 😅

I've been gambling for a long time, even before here and on PD and I never ever thought or have gone to that situation. It will be so hilarious if I see myself selling my stuff just to roll. 😂

But yea, I agree. Some gamblers are prone to this. Especially those on a losing streak.

5 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

ive sold already most of my valuable items already,                                                                             
sold 1000s upon 1000s of dollars feeding this sickness....                                                         

Damn sad for you. Hopefully you won from selling the itemsxD

sadly enough i did it to..... sold every damn thing i had so i could gamble but luckily lately im back in control over my addiction and dont sell stuff anymore, i just depo when i can afford it.

Yes ive sold some of my video game consoles that i had alot of memories with. I needed money to buy drugs and gamble. . .but would i have done that sober? nah  i doubt. but at the time i didnt have a job (cuz of drugs) 

So yeah i imagine selling personal possessions to gamble being very common with players who abuse drugs. 

I was just before the stake. since I started making a stake account I was getting an allowance for playing .. that's a gamble. and even though I did not eat it I put it first. I know they're bigger than me ...

On 9/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, Mediive said:

To sell my stuff so I can gamble, nope I never did. But I did put 0.5 btc hard earned by mining  and lost them so...I think that counts.

Ouch that must be pain, hard earning from mining and poof, all gone in a second because of gambling. Well, lesson learned, never all in your profits from mining into gambling :D 

On 8/29/2018 at 6:48 AM, xtinepink said:

never, this is a bad thing to do, if you start selling things just to be able to bet, that means you are addicted, one of sign and symptoms of bad addiction

21 hours ago, xtinepink said:

Wow! There are players already doing this stuff just to solve the cravings. It would be hard if you started the habit until you see yourself with nothing. 

Hope you guys won’t do it again. 

Yeah that is really addiction of gambling and it's really dangerous to yourself. You can even steal somebody stuff to get money for gambling