Stake Forum
Kargai

What are you currently reading?

Featured Comment

Ever since, I am an avid reader of encyclopedias.  I've always loved reading histories of different countries, their customs, traditions, currencies, languages,capital cities, their looks, complexions, religions and most of everything about them.  I find it too interesting to understand their historical back grounds.  But of course I am very much more interested in learning my own country by reading from encyclopedias and wikipedia.

Just finished "Poke the Box" by Seth Godin.

Poke the Box is a short read full of interesting and small digestible pieces of information that make you think of the possibilities. While intended to drive curiosity in a business environment, it also sparks the "what ifs" in your personal life. You don't need permission to do...but if you do, here's a quote from the book. "Someone is giving you permission. Someone, perhaps indirectly hired you, funded you, trained you, encouraged you--all so that you would see something that needed to be done and do it."

24611891.jpg

For those interested in science fiction, in case you haven´t already read them, I think the "Foundation Trilogy" by Isaac Asimov is a must-have.

It was later expanded into the "Foundation series", 7 books in total.

11 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

For those interested in science fiction, in case you haven´t already read them, I think the "Foundation Trilogy" by Isaac Asimov is a must-have.

It was later expanded into the "Foundation series", 7 books in total.

Yeah Mav, I've been interested in SF lately so I will most definitely take a look at the book series you recommend. Tyvm! :)

Just finished a great classic : "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. Sometimes i'm trying to catch up some old classics I never read before.

I was amaze to learn that it was his only novel, I truly believed he had wrote more books than that but most of his writings were poems and theatre. I knew the main frame of the story but in fact it turn out that the painting is not that important in the story, just in the background.

Really not my best book of the year but now I can say "I read it" ;)

01fd650c1059302e1c0cca4e8ec58919.jpg

"Sinuhé the egyptian" by Mika Waltari

I read this book when I was a child and liked it a lot, it is about ancient Egypt and is very very accurate in the facts it presents, so it is in fact a novel but based in true events.

13 hours ago, Bojana said:

@Jelena was my Secret Santa and got me the best presents ever. :$ I saw one version of the film, but never read it, so looking forward to indulging into this literary pleasure :) Thank you, once again! :x

photo_2017-12-28_01-56-56.jpg

Whyce does not seem to be very interested in reading.

But the Ferrero Rochers,   hmmmmmmmmm

On 12/20/2017 at 10:00 AM, akki785 said:

I'm presently reading "Three Point Something" written by Mr. Chetan Bhagat, an Indian author & columnist.

Though it's an old novel, but somehow I missed this..

Just finished "Three Point Something", was an awesome novel.

Just starting "2 States: The Story of My Marriage", by the same author.

15 hours ago, maverick528 said:

Actually, Mav, he was also interested in Ferrero, and I had to eat it all in less than 5 minutes to save it from him, ez pz xD 

I finally finished "The Glass Bead Game" by Hermann Hesse. 

I enjoy all of his books, so I definitely recommend him to anyone who likes the novels with the theme of spirituality and the search for identity.

On 4.1.2018. at 7:59 AM, Bojana said:

@Jelena was my Secret Santa and got me the best presents ever. :$ I saw one version of the film, but never read it, so looking forward to indulging into this literary pleasure :) Thank you, once again! :x

photo_2017-12-28_01-56-56.jpg

You're welcomeeeee, my pleasure:x

I am glad Whyce liked the presents too xD 

On 4.1.2018. at 1:22 PM, maverick528 said:

He knows what's the best :P 

On 06/01/2018 at 3:22 PM, Jelena said:

I finally finished "The Glass Bead Game" by Hermann Hesse. 

I enjoy all of his books, so I definitely recommend him to anyone who likes the novels with the theme of spirituality and the search for identity.

Siddharta is one of my 5 favorites book of all time, read it 3-4 times and each one feel different. It seem I discover new layer everytime.

Just finish The Lessons of History by Will & Ariel Durant. It's a condensed book of their chef d'oeuvre The Story of Civilization, a serie of 11 volumes (total nearly 10,000 pages) published between 1935 and 1975 for which they received the Pulitzer Prize.

Not a "fun" read, but definitely an interesting one if you like history. The result is a survey of human history, full of dazzling insights into the nature of human experience, the evolution of civilization, the culture of man. 

81XJKGn8IoL.jpg