Stake Forum
Vangres

Martingale?

Featured Comment

Hey! I have been thinking about trying too play correct BJ with a martingale strategy. What do you guys think, could it work?

Edited by Vangres

the reason why martingale is bad for blackjack is: martingale need you to constant double the bet amount until you busted, while when playing blackjack you won't be able to do that due to split and double (which is the same as double your base bet to your favor) which you need to use in optimal play (there's insurance too but in normal case you shouldn't take insurance so it isn't the problem)

example: you have 15 chip which if you martingale normally the bet would be 1 > 2 > 4 > 8 > busted

but with blackjack when you play and found a good hand to split/double like AA to dealer 6 (which you want to split) it would screw your bigger plan (martingale) if you lose: for example 1 > 2 > 4 then you split it will be 1 > 2 > 8 > 4 which even if you win with 4 you can't recover all previous bet which is martingale basis

believe me because i busted in martingale blackjack more than twice :P

it's ok to limit martingale to like 1/4 of your total balance max tho, that way you can recover easily (rather than risk all the balance)

Edited by lolipant

Yeah i see the problem, but My plan was too try it out at really low stakes not risking that musch. and double the amount lost after any lost split or double. And with a bankroll of something like 30 losses.    

On 9/25/2018 at 8:42 PM, Vangres said:

Hey! I have been thinking about trying too play correct BJ with a martingale strategy. What do you guys think, could it work?

I did that before and it's work for a while, but careful, sometimes when the lose long streak come, you can lost all your balance.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:42 AM, Vangres said:

You can play BJ by using Martingale, but my advice is the amount of 3x or more from the previous bet. For example 1,3,9,27,81 and so on to cover the House Edge and get profit when winning :D

5 minutes ago, DviouS said:

martinfail will rip you a new one... I would suggest trying something else. Me personally.... I run min bet til I get 5 losses in a row... then I start betting decent size bets

hmm. I think it's almost the same as Prerolls, but it's very difficult to determine how many Prerolls are done in order to achieve profit. It could be winning 3 times or more in a row :D

On 9/25/2018 at 6:42 AM, Vangres said:

hey its been a while since you made this post, i was just wondering you have done it since the last time you wrote here.
any updates and some figures on runs you have done? 

I recently had 17 reds in row playing the basic stratety. This was my largest red streak so far. Could there be a longer streak? Oh sure. That shows that not only Martingale but most of fast progressions will ruin your balance sooner or later. 

On 9/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, OneEyedKing said:

Never Martingale

I dunno. i made 0.09 from about 900k yesterday using a basic strategy like the martingfail. xD just know the general odds, and play strategically. anything over 4x should be treated with a percentile raise, but for the 2x blackjack offers, a martingale seems fine to me. 

ughhh......    not to mention that these sites tend to have a little bit of fuckery when it comes to raising your bet. The will say no, but... it is so. So , this is not a good idea x_X

Hi! I wanted to come back to the subject of the martingual, it's a good thing, the other time I said that with this method we ended up losing more or less necessarily, in fact I change my position or rather my mind, indeed since I tried a different martingual on something small and the result is that I made a profit of about 78% compared to my delay, I would make a topic in the week on this method in question to see if you like or not?!
while waiting for good luck to all and good luck!
bye!!👍