Stake Forum
maverick528

Movies to watch before u die, and WHY

Featured Comment

My idea starting this topic is to list here movies that are worth mentioning to friends, maybe that are worth looking more than once.

Maybe because they are funny and you had a good laugh or at least a smile, or that they touched your heart and you even cried.

Or maybe some picture made you think a lot about something and you actually changed because of it.

The important thing is mentioning in your own words WHY you think a certain movie is worth watching.

It is difficult to comment a movie and not to spoil it for somebody that hasnt watched it yet, so try not to give too much info of the plot if you can....

So I will start with an easy one.

This movie "Down periscope" is good for watching and having some fun, maybe on a rainy day, or when you just want to relax and forget about your troubles.

It will not win any Oscar,but for me it does the job as intended, and if you dont laugh, at least you will get a smile for sure.

In the cast we can find several well known actors, that can be a plus if you are a fan of any of them, for example in the leading role we find Kelsey Grammer that worked in several TV series.... Lauren Holly is very pretty too.

My advice? for watching it with somebody else, with a big popcorn bowl when you dont want to think a lot about what you are watching and just relax....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_Periscope

Yesterday I looked this movie.

I usually emphasize the content of the movie over everything else.

But in this case, I loved the way the movie was directed, the photography, the lighting, it was real eye candy because it is PERFECT for me. Must be looked on a big screen or in a cinema.

I love to see things that are well-done, and this is one of them. And its refreshing also to see a movie hat is not overloaded with special effects, computer generated images and all that stuff, that can be good sometimes, but its also nice to see that you can do a movie without them.

And yes, the movie also tells an interesting story, and very good acting can be seen too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Danish_Girl_(film)

Four Rooms - Quentin Tarantino 1995

Before Kill Bill, and after Reservoir Dogs, Quentin Tarantino and 3 other writers/directors, came together, each writing a room, that all flow together a lot like Pulp Fiction, but way fkn better. I had the misfortune of walking in the living room of my parents house as my brother and his friend were laughing hysterically. I looked at the screen  and saw a man with a big fucking gun pointed at Tim Roth (probably my 3rd favorite actor in the world, love him) and a woman tied to a chair, with a gag in her mouth. My initial thought was who are these weirdos laughing about this seemingly awful, sick scene? My brother said to me, and I quote, “Go away, this movie is too good for you.” I said misfortune because it was about 25 minutes into it and if I had had any idea what the premise of the film was, it would have made it so much better. The next scene in that movie should be in the top ten most brilliantly executed scenes in cinomatic history. I have laughed and cried and peed myself too many times, at the same time, watching it with friends that have never seen it before. Priceless. And of course, the ending, omg, only the Man From Hollywood, could have come up with the perfect ending to one of the funniest movies ever made. Did I mention Mr. Tarantino is one of the main character, along with, wait for it, Bruce Willis, Antonio Banderas, Madonna, I mentioned Tim Roth, and a few other people you know. Oh, and Kathy Griffin, before her life on the D list... Hands Down, probably the greatest comedy no one has ever seen.

Also, Boondocks Saints II, well, all three of them, the second one is the best. Army of Darkness, if you’ve seen it, then you already know. If you haven’t, forget I said Army of Darkness. To quote my brother, “It’s too good for you.”

Please, Do Not watch Four Rooms Alone. Never watch comedies alone. And whatever you do, do not ever watch Kingdom of Heaven. So disappointingly boring omg. I fell asleep in the theater and asked for my money back. 

And if you are over the age of 27 and haven’t seen Blazing Saddles, today should be the day, get on it. Classic. 

If you like romantic comedies, please look this one = "Leap year".

One of the things that this movie tries to tell you in the end is that maybe you live in your own bubble, your routine, your projects that are all related to your own personal bubble, but maybe by accident you can discover there are good things outside there, near or far, doesnt matter.

The landscapes that can be seen in parts of this movie are stunning.

Plus Amy Adams looks absolutely beautiful.

Looking what the critics said about the movie (mostly bad comments), maybe the movie just said what I wanted to hear at this point of time.

Anyway I think its worth watching, even though it will not be in my top 10 best movies .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_Year_(2010_film)

Today I watched again "Home alone" on TV.

Its an oldie, ofc, but still can bring a smile.

And its a nice movie to watch near Xmas like now.

If you still have not seen it, do it. Its clean fun that can be watched even by small kids.

You can also watch it again if you already enjoyed it in the past ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone

Into the Wild

It is recommended to watch the movie and disconnect from the world, allowing yourself to enter into the universe of the character, and within your own universe, your own wild nature, what is your inner truth ... Who are we ? What are our true values? These are some of the issues that after watching this movie we are certainly touched.

"Ca$h" movie.

Watched it few days ago.

A young couple with financial troubles suddenly found a suitcase full of money, and after thinking a bit, they start spending it, probably like everybody will do in a similar situation.

But, they are found by the thieve that is the "owner" of the money, and he wants it back.

And the plot starts changing in ways you probably never expected......

I enjoyed it.

Good acting, specially the "thieve twins". Maybe only Chris Hemsworth was not completely fit for acting like a 100% ordinary ppl, something that his wife in fiction achieves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_(2010_film)

Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy. Just because they are some of the best movies ever made. And if you into comedy go watch Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 in my opinion in top 10 best comedy movies of all time. 

I personally like these movies.

1. Along the gods and its sequel - I am not a buddhist but its nice to watch a movie about their beliefs about reincarnation and stuff. plus it has some great tearjerker moments and fun filled scenes. (bitcoin was also mentioned in its sequel lol)

2. The dictator - I laughed so bad at this movie non stop. You should watch this when you bust to turn your day around xD

3. every avengers movie of course, not gonna list them all.

4. as for horror, the movie that really got into me was titled "coming soon" it's a thai movie i think with scenes that will scare you to your bones. and im not just talking about something like insidious (which is not that scary) nor as gross as the centipede movie. trust me, dont watch this alone. hahaha

will think of something else when i have time :)

Posted (edited)

Black Mirror. Each serie is like a movie. It`s talk about important things of our reallity and social problems. But you should see by your own eyes.

Edited by Xumus

Wreck it ralph and Ralph breaks the internet 

Fast and Furious all of them 

And last one Titanic.

Ready to one player 2018

This movie is very nice and amazing because you can play with action in the game with using shade then very nice graphics then in the game you can buy a item then you got in the real life then you avail use it in real world and playing in the game then the reward is very greatfull because if you win in the game and complete the all key you got a yellow egg this item is important all of item there in the game you because a rich in real world try to watch and i know you amazing this movie 😉😉😊 then if you done watch the movie dont forget give feed back in my post if you like it 😊.

Link movie

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DcSp1dM2Vj48&ved=2ahUKEwj0h83X9vTfAhXVfn0KHSbpBVwQ3ywwAHoECA0QAw&usg=AOvVaw0SwUTtzN7_wEAKHoHGd0Yk&cshid=1547732032325

If you want to this  watch full movie I post the link 😊