Stake Forum
farhadteshne

The first deal with Bitcoin in the world :))

Featured Comment

Laszlo Hanyecz made the world's first recorded purchase using Bitcoin.

He lived in Florida, USA, to buy two pizzas for 10,000 BTC.

May 25th (Bitcoin Pizza Day). On this day, some pizza vendors around the world will pay special discounts to bitcoin buyers to commemorate the first purchase of pizza with bitcoin.

WTF ?! 10k BTC?? If it's satoshis, it would be okay, but it's 10k ???
Well that pizza vendor are going to buy a new pizza company, holy molly cant believe it for 10k BTC. 

Let us work as pizza vendor so we are get raise wage for that 😂😂

Well good to hear this but its also sad that some two dumbos just gave away 10,000 Bitcoins for just one large pizza. I swear those people would be killing themselves right now if it was me. Such low value bitcoin had those days it seems :(

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Well good to hear this but its also sad that some two dumbos just gave away 10,000 Bitcoins for just one large pizza. I swear those people would be killing themselves right now if it was me. Such low value bitcoin had those days it seems :(

well that was years ago.... bitcoin was a little bit over a cent like lol this two fols probably was like cool discount if i buy with my bitcoins who cares i ll just buy with them and then spend 20$ again to buy the same amount of btcxD

I understand why everyone looks at this event as something incredible but I don't see it that way. Yeah, those 10.000 bitcoin worth millions of dollars today but back then in 2010 it worth only about 40-50$. How the hack should that person know that bitcoin is going to reach this unbelievable price? He had some coins wich worth 40$ so he thought why wouldn't I buy some pizza instead of just keeping it in my wallet? 

You can do the same thing today with other coins. For example DOGE coin, its worth is 0.002$. For 10.000 doge you can buy one pizza. If I would be broken then I would surely give those coins to buy a pizza because I personally don't expect doge to reach even 1$ in the next few years. Maybe it is going to reach 50$ or maybe the price will drop to 0.0002$.

Anyway,i am pretty sure that person would 100% not keep all his coin until 2017 when the price hit 20.000$ so this calculations where people say he lost millions of dollars are not even close to the truth. Maybe he would have sold his bitcoin at 1$ so he lost 10.000$. That is a big deal but he probably made 10 times more than that. So don't always look at the situation from one perspective because hundreds of other situations could have happened if he wouldn't buy those two pizzas.