Stake Community
Rantly

How to recover?

Featured Comment

So i have bin Gambling more lately, I have lost 500$ this couple of days on multiple sites, Sometimes instantly sometimes greed came over me, Or like now 27 losing streak with 50%+

But that's not the point, Every time I lose this kind of amount in such way it hits me hard mentally and physically, And all my thoughts 24/7 become about gambling and what i could have done differently and regret. The thoughts and hopes of coming back forces me to gamble again and the story starts over again. Why i am saying all ? its just i want to know has anyone bin through this aswell and how has he overcome it and what helps. 

Thank you for listing, Have a nice day.

Im sorry for u that you lost 500$, but what I did when I lost much (not 500$ but still) I was just going on. You cant change the past, just forget about what you have lost and move on. Thats what I did. 

I wish you the best luck in the future, play safe 🤙

Hello, that problem is very common in gamblers that if it does not manage to control we would be in serious problems for example ludopathy. My recommendation is to stop playing for a while. I show you some links that can help you

http://www.psychguides.com/
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

Goodluck

I don't think there really is a "great way" to recover as we cannot really predict the outcome 100%.. I've lost a few hundred worth this just past few days and i know how frustrating it could be. I think for me is, really just knowing when to take a breather, or change games.. cause most times, when we are losing, we tend to keep playing hoping things would turn around by chasing our loss, which most times, results in more lost. Thats just my opinion anyways. :) Good luck, and hope you can recover.

11 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

It is easy to recover if you remove the emotional element from gambling. This is near impossible since we are all human. The best thing to do if you lose is to stop gambling and accept your losses. You can always return next week to retry your luck.

Or take a break for a second, because when you lose big like 50% from your balance, you will think to all in your balance to recover it all, but it's really a bad move and if you lose, you will lose all your balance.

Edited by jualid

I have been trying to contemplate on this word "recovery" for a long time now.. feels like a faraway dream to achieve at this moment. 😔

Sorry to hear that. hmm i think when we lost big, we need to be patience to recover our losses. 

sometimes when we lost big, we were so greedy and do all in.

and the point is, its depends on how much do u lose, patience is the best way to get  your money back

Well I do gambling for fun. The greed part happens to me sometimes, especially when you suddenly win and win and win. My mind is like "Go bet you will win for sure" then ended up losing. Lol

Gambling with house edge will inevitably lead you to a big loss over time. I'm pretty sure most people on here have been there and done that with huge losses (mine was about $250). My advice is forget about it, go about your job and stuff, and think of gambling only as a rather expensive hobby, kind of like fine dining lmao. Never chase losses unless you are like Forbes 100 and if you really are up there I don't think you would even care about $500 or even gamble at all, lol.

If you really can't let it go, you could always try with $100 bankroll making back $5-$10/day over the next month. It takes alot of patience and good strategies but can definitely be done.

P.S. the word is spelt "been" not "bin".

On 10/30/2018 at 10:30 PM, Rantly said:

So i have bin Gambling more lately, I have lost 500$ this couple of days on multiple sites, Sometimes instantly sometimes greed came over me, Or like now 27 losing streak with 50%+

But that's not the point, Every time I lose this kind of amount in such way it hits me hard mentally and physically, And all my thoughts 24/7 become about gambling and what i could have done differently and regret. The thoughts and hopes of coming back forces me to gamble again and the story starts over again. Why i am saying all ? its just i want to know has anyone bin through this aswell and how has he overcome it and what helps. 

Almost everyone gambling will have definitely gone through this. I used to get attached to it both mentally and physically but now I am no longer attached to any amount I loss or win its just part of the game. There is no point crying over spilled milk. The best way to not get attached to it is putting in only what you can afford to lose this alone has saved me from all the pressure countless times.

If its too much to handle take a break. If you are gambling just for recovery please do not do it, you will only lose more and more. Start fresh with a new plan implementing what you have learned from your past win and loss. I have a blog too you can check out for more help: https://www.smartgamblingedge.com/

Edited by amarcrypto

On 10/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, Rantly said:

Every time I lose this kind of amount in such way it hits me hard mentally and physically, And all my thoughts 24/7 become about gambling and what i could have done differently and regret. The thoughts and hopes of coming back forces me to gamble again

Everyone seems to be missing the bigger picture here.

@Rantly I know the feelings. I feel the regrets. I have a problem gambling. You may have one too.

https://www.gambleaware.co.uk/gambling-problems/signs-to-look-out-for/

https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/faq/

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/content/20-questions

All of these sites have great resources. I think they could help.

Be Happy.

To be fair you are going to lose eventually, it's a matter of preparing for it rather than recovering.

Remember that any money you deposit, or have at any time, is money you will more than likely lose very soon.

If you are in profit and happy about having the money, leave, you got what you came for and if you keep going that's it.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:00 AM, Rantly said:

Take a different perspective on gambling then those thoughts will disappear and won't bother you in the future. You're here for entertainment, not to make profit. If you make a profit then great, if you don't, accept it and move forward, don't dwell on the past. So don't chase those losses, enjoy the adrenaline in the heat of the moment and most importantly have fun!!!

Well people should always understand one main thing of Gambling and that is that Gambling isn't an assurance that ensures you will always double your money you might sometimes or you might loose. And now since you have reached this stage i would suggest you to take a vacation for 1 month or go camping for 1 month where there is no wifi ! So you are far away from gambling and once you get into camping you will forget about everything else ! 

Recover ,? What is that ? 

Im sorry for your loss but like I learned a long time ago you need to accept it and move on love , only gamble what you can afford to lose and never ever chase loses , 

good luck for the future ❤️

10 hours ago, Mlc said:

Recover ,? What is that ? 

Im sorry for your loss but like I learned a long time ago you need to accept it and move on love , only gamble what you can afford to lose and never ever chase loses , 

good luck for the future ❤️

Recover, it means you try to win back your losses by deposit more or go gambling again.