Jump to content
Stake Community
Steve

Choose a Charity Poll #3

Choose a Charity Poll #3  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which charity should we donate $1,000 to?

    • Eff.org
      1
    • Wikipedia.org
      6
    • Codetoinspire.org
      6
    • Fsf.org
      1
    • Savethechildren.org
      25


Featured Comment

Check out the charities below and cast your vote for the one you want us to donate $1,000 to!

  • Eff.org - The Electronic Frontier Foundation defends civil liberties in the digital world. EFF's goal is to ensure that rights and freedoms are enhanced and protected as our use of technology expands.
  • Wikipedia.org - Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia that is created and edited by volunteers worldwide.
  • Codetoinspire.org - Code to Inspire is the first coding school for women in Afghanistan. CTI uses technology education to empower women in their fight for social, political and economic equality.
  • Fsf.org - The Free Software Foundation has created a mission to protect computer user freedom and to defend the rights of all software users.
  • Savethechildren.org - Save the Children is a worldwide project set on protecting children in times of crisis and giving them the opportunity for a better future.

A winner will be decided by which charity has the highest total votes between Twitter and the forum polls! (Combined with Primedice votes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Steve I would like to suggest to remove the winner from the past week from the list.. I know savethechildren needs a lot of help but I would like to remember that there are lots of others charity that need as well and having the same winner every single week makes the poll kinda I dont know, maybe "pointless" as many of the people voting will not even check what each charity is about, will only vote based in those they know or have a "most clear" or "easier to pick" name?

Edited by Carollzinha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Carollzinha said:

@Steve I would like to suggest to remove the winner from the past week from the list.. I know savethechildren needs a lot of help but I would like to remember that there are lots of others charity that need as well and having the same winner every single week makes the poll kinda I dont know, maybe "pointless" as many of the people voting will not even check what each charity is about, will only vote based in those they know or have a "most clear" or "easier to pick" name?

Once the Twitter votes were added in the winner ended up being Tor. What I've been doing is keeping charities that receive high votes without having won yet on the list, let me know what you all think about future charities for the polls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steve said:

Once the Twitter votes were added in the winner ended up being Tor. What I've been doing is keeping charities that receive high votes without having won yet on the list, let me know what you all think about future charities for the polls.

Oh my bad then, sorry.

About future charities:

1) http://ipam.org.br/en/. The IPAM is a brazilian non-governmental organization that works (really hard) to help to save the Amazon florest, which is taken as the lung of the world

2) https://watsi.org if you want me to pick any charity that was already in these polls

But if you ask me if I prefer the 1th or 2nd I honestly will pick the 1st since everybody need to breath, right? 

Edited by Carollzinha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carollzinha said:

Oh my bad then, sorry.

About future charities:

1) http://ipam.org.br/en/. The IPAM is a brazilian non-governmental organization that works (really hard) to help to save the Amazon florest, which is taken as the lung of the world

2) https://watsi.org if you want me to pick any charity that was already in these polls

But if you ask me if I prefer the 1th or 2nd I honestly will pick the 1st since everybody need to breath, right? 

One thing to note as well is in order for charities to make it on the poll we need them to accept Bitcoin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Steve said:

One thing to note as well is in order for charities to make it on the poll we need them to accept Bitcoin.

I understand.. I just messaged them (IPAM) to check the possibility to be adding BTC as a method to accept donation in the upcoming weeks. Will let you know whatever their response is as fast as they reply to my email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for EFF cuz our internet privacy and right are REALLY REALLY important especially going forward as the amount of privacy is violently plummeting . Also why everyone always votes for save the children

Edited by peel1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×