Stake Forum
Mazda3

Venezuelan "Wal-Mart" started taking Bitcoin

Featured Comment

Considering that Venezuela is in the grip of hyperinflation, the local TRAKI supermarket has begun to accept bitcoins for payment. Note that the country is increasingly using crypt as an alternative to local currency.

ImVito user told Reddit that they managed to buy school supplies worth $ 260 for Bitcoins. All stationery will be handed over to children in need. It must be said that purchases in TRAKI can be carried out not only for Bitcoins, but also for Dash, Ethereum, Lightcoin, BCH.

Real help for cryptocurrency
Venezuela is in a difficult financial situation. According to the International Monetary Fund, by the end of this inflation rate will reach 1 million percent. Because of this, the adoption of cryptocurrency and the activity of trade between peer companies is growing. In the first week of November, a new record was recorded in the country - 1075 BTC.

A source:https://www.cloudminingcompare.com/the-wal-mart-of-venezuela-has-started-accepting-bitcoin/

Hi! Oh yeah? I knew he was using cryptomonnaise in Venezuela but I didn't know that story!
what other choices do they have anyway? I read an article that told the story of a group of Venezuelan mothers who were selling or storing drugs for the cartels in exchange for food, who wouldn't do the same for his family knowing that even if you show up at the store with a caddy full of money for a value of $2 if you get to the store of course because you wait in a line for 3 days in a front line freaking out that you're told there's nothing left at any given time! No, you find an alternative! And cryptomonnaise is a good alternative even if there is cybercrime! I hope they will get away with it one day!
That would be great!!!
Bye!!!

PS; sorry admin, I'm not just talking about crypto, I just wanted to say what I thought, isn't that the purpose of a chat!?!thank you

Wow well at least crypto is there for them to use! I wonder what they would do without crypto in their current situation. Hopefully crypto can even  help their economy and not just serve as an alternative. Or do you think crypto would be ok for a country to use as their currency? I feel like it would be a good idea. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:16 PM, blueprints said:

Wow well at least crypto is there for them to use! I wonder what they would do without crypto in their current situation. Hopefully crypto can even  help their economy and not just serve as an alternative. Or do you think crypto would be ok for a country to use as their currency? I feel like it would be a good idea. 

I agree it'sa good idea as well and yeah i can only imagine how much it would help there economy.

A very cool initiative by the Venezuelan supermarket giant to implement Bitcoin payments for their customers, definitely shows progress of how Bitcoin affects the masses.