Stake Forum
KiXxnTRiXx

Random friend requests

Featured Comment

This is happening quite a lot lately and at times the friend requests comes in bulks which just spams the screens with pop ups. Yes i know, i can turn off the pop ups, but why would i have to? If that's the option, then we should have the option of blocking friend requests all together no? Having to go through a list of request of players you've never even had a conversation with adding you as a friend is beyond me. You wouldn't go out in the world, and randomly poking people asking them to be your friend now would you? Well some may, but they live in their own world and they cannot help it. The ones here are too obvious of their intent. You see someone tip, send friend request, rinse and repeat... Stake should maybe implement a paying system, where one will have to tip the person they want to add as friend to avoid this?? hahaha... But seriously, at least say hi or something before sending a request. Don't just randomly click on every player you see just because you can. Sending those request or even pm can be a distraction when you're trying to concentrate on the game,, Please and thank you.

Anyone else bothered or have been bothered by this? I know someone don't really care, good for you, i normally wouldn't but its getting ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, Mikehoncho said:

What I don't get it is the random requests when I haven't spoken or tipped In chat. Who are these people and how did they find me?

LOL same man... They must be stalking "all bets" or the high roller section looking for people to prey upon. If you are set to hidden and still getting friend requests, then I reckon its time to create a fresh new account. Maybe finding you through this forum as well perhaps.

1 hour ago, Mikehoncho said:

What I don't get it is the random requests when I haven't spoken or tipped In chat. Who are these people and how did they find me?

From highroll bet or all bets. I also experienced that, a person add me when i only bet small lol.

I was playing, and then a random friend request appears. I check the chats, and he was a beggars. Almost all of them that sending a friend request are beggars.

Maybe, before doing some chat/friendlist/others. Stake has to verify user by using phone number or 2FA, or else. So, that will preventing people create new account and doing some begging things, and make easier to ban/mute people because one phone number/2FA are for one account. 

I must have now like 100 random friend requests I have not responded to. Whenever I get a tip, or I give a tip, I usually get a random request lmao. I think they are just beggars who saw a nice tip, and want a piece of the pie...

i get a ton of requests but i just simply  ignore most of them when i never even seen these people in chat and they wanna be my friend lol

If it is random friend requests then it likely a first step in approaching for a set particular reason, mainly possibly eyeing for the funds. :o

You get these random requests when you either

1. Won a bug bet and has flame and you started chatting in the Chatbox
  2. You have sent a random big tip
  3. You have conducted a lot of tips
  4. You did a bet and won huge money

They just add you to beg you for money and they ask you for loans and never pay back beware of these random friend requests. 

A lot of people keep an eye on the high rollers that are revealed, when I hit a big win, I had like 12 friend requests and many people spamming my inbox for some capital, so I just ignore them. Or else it just drives me crazy.

19 hours ago, GreenZapperZ said:

I don't get bothered by it, I just ignore it.

That is honestly the best approach to follow. People that you don't know, that send you friend requests, especially at a time when you are winning, or tipping, or receiving a tip are almost always beggars. Best to just ignore or delete them :)

On 11/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, KiXxnTRiXx said:

This is happening quite a lot lately and at times the friend requests comes in bulks which just spams the screens with pop ups. Yes i know, i can turn off the pop ups, but why would i have to? If that's the option, then we should have the option of blocking friend requests all together no? Having to go through a list of request of players you've never even had a conversation with adding you as a friend is beyond me. You wouldn't go out in the world, and randomly poking people asking them to be your friend now would you? Well some may, but they live in their own world and they cannot help it. The ones here are too obvious of their intent. You see someone tip, send friend request, rinse and repeat... Stake should maybe implement a paying system, where one will have to tip the person they want to add as friend to avoid this?? hahaha... But seriously, at least say hi or something before sending a request. Don't just randomly click on every player you see just because you can. Sending those request or even pm can be a distraction when you're trying to concentrate on the game,, Please and thank you.

Anyone else bothered or have been bothered by this? I know someone don't really care, good for you, i normally wouldn't but its getting ridiculous. 

More of an annoyance than anything, really.

I keep calm and live longer by entering Zen mode where I don’t even X the requests and just  ignore them... watching the requests build up slowly gives one a sense of achievement, at least to me.

On 11/21/2018 at 12:03 PM, Mikehoncho said:

Lol! i can totally relate to what you are experiencing, Mike. If you were to observe carefully,  those players start friend requesting whenever your name appear in the high roller section; u are discovered with your sexy flame in the chat room; your tippings to your friends are posted in public... all these fatal attractions lead them to us. lmao!

when i started Stake commuity i was asking for friend requests people that they usually are in chat.Most famous was Etude then , month by month i choose who will be friends , its true that when you tip or win big many players that they ignore you usually to ask requests and tips in seconds.But for me its ok , i just ignore them and dont answer