Stake Forum
Frances9696

Smoking vs Vaping

Featured Comment

I have been smoking for several years. I am a hard smoker and now I understand that it harms my health, especially now, when I began noticing that condition of my skin and teeth is poor. I decided to quit cold turkey, but now I realize that it is a hard and radical way. Now I feel more and more depressed and anxious. I read several articles and found on the one site  VapingDaily, there the author writes about easier ways to quit, but I am not sure that some of them are effective. So I am anxious and don't know what to do. If anybody can give me advice I will be thankful.

I quit smoking 4 years ago after about 12 years of heavy use.  I quit by using a vape device and then chewing the gum.  Haven't had a smoke the whole time but ill get a vape on occasion as I like the nicotine.  I think its healthier, but who knows?

I tried vaping too, it was challenging to choose e-cigarette at first, and I wasn't sure if it could help me. But now I can say that it is cool, I quit smoking last year. If it is interesting, there are some sites where I bought stuff - migvapor.com I can recommend.

I've been smoking cigarettes for around 3 years. My doctor said the condition of my lungs are terrible and if keep smoking I'll soon have to face with asthma. So I'm trying to smoke less step by step to quit. Notice that lungs aren't made to receive smoke. So it doesn't matter if it's vapor or cigarettes, it's all harmful. 

Posted (edited)
On 11/29/2018 at 7:43 PM, Key85 said:

I tried vaping too, it was challenging to choose e-cigarette at first, and I wasn't sure if it could help me. But now I can say that it is cool, I quit smoking last year.

Yeah, i feel you man, i was doing the same, but i never actually quit vaping. Since i was getting my e juice from https://deliciousnimbus.com  i'm enjoying it almost every time i vape. Still can't believe i've spent so much on a cigarettes. And all of you shouldn't to that as well - smoking will not get you anywhere.

Edited by Ishouldgo

i didnt  smoke or vape either. but i've tried vape once. its really good and sweet.

But i think you should change your habit about it. i know its hard but if you have a firm stance. i think you can go through it 

I started smoking when I was 12. I have quit 3 times. The first time, cold turkey, after looking at a bunch of pictures online of dead peoples lungs and hearts, that was insanely effective, quit, done. The second time, cold turkey, basic training. No choice there. And the last time, vaping.

Vaping is the greatest option for quitting smoking cigarettes ever. You get the nicotine, the hand to mouth, just like smoking, all without any moodiness, anxiety, or irresistible urges to smoke.

I love vaping. I still smoke. And here is why...

I dont know if this is just some bs they came up with to keep kids away from picking up a vape habit. Because I know vaping has not been around long enough for any real studies to be conclusively conducted, and I know vaping is just vapor, so how could it be bad, but I also know its the heating element that would be the problem, blahblahblah. My girls saw me vaping, and these 2 have been on me about quitting smoking since the day they learned it was bad for your health, so they want me to quit now, when they saw me vaping, they were like, what are you doing?! 

They told me that they were told in school, that when you smoke cigarettes, if you quit, your body can, over time, heal itself. But with vaping, your tissues that your body can heal from years of smoking and damage to your body, vaping destroys, permanently, irreparably, completely destroys your body and its capacity to heal itself. Well, it destroys the tissue, so theres nothing for it to repair.

Like I said, there hasnt been enough time to get study results that are accurate for long term use. And since they dont have any real proof of vaping being bad or good, they could have easily said it makes holes in your throat you cant fix kids, dont vape, just to scare them away from a potentially dangerous, and mostly unknown, new "drug". So, whatever whatever. 

For now, I prefer to smoke cigarettes, that when I do quit, my body will get to work repairing itself. Instead of vaping, where when I get off cigarettes, and continue to vape, until a 20 year study of the serious hazard vaping is to your health is shown to prove vaping makes irreparable holes in your throat, and when I quit vaping, my body cant fix itself, and I am fkd.

Hope this helps. 

I know its hard to quite smoking. so you can try one of these methods.

* Try anti tobacco meds or treatment. I never try this, but I heard good about this.

* You can stick this picture on your cigarette packet. so when you see this, you will think about your future and it will help you to reduce the amount of cigarette.

image.png.921b84ec1f4d65e4501ad79df0d7c9d9.png

* Try to smoke one or half cigarette less every day or every 2 days thus you can take control over it.

--- try this methods and thank me later ;) 

thank you Frances9696, for coming out. wow am so happy for you. because you are free. you are totaly free from smotking. the first aspect of any problem is admiting that the DID is wrong. that is it. nobody force you the first time you started and now you are leaving it not being forced.

" when you blame yourself first for whatever happens to you, you are have way to the solution"

i once smoke and i did it for more than 20 years. i was smoking and also reading the bad side of it. i kept hearing the slogan in my country Nigerian that smoker are reliable to die young. but i wave it.

i have never being sick for once while smoking and also did not hate it BUT.

the day one day.

"""" my 2 years old son stooped me from smoking""

my 2 years old boy saw my cigarette in my pocket and i dont know how he knew the next thing to do is to hold it perfectly and put it in his mouth like a great smoker. my heart busted and pains feels my soul. i asked myself. IS THIS A GOOD LEGACY. 

i hate myself for teaching the boy the bad thing of life. so i have to stop before it becomes a generational curse. band if the disease comes after me, that will be expected of my son if i dont stop him

now ask yourself, are you laying a GOOD LEGACY AS YOU CONTINUE TO SMOKE 

On 1/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, ankitpandey said:

I know its hard to quite smoking. so you can try one of these methods.

* Try anti tobacco meds or treatment. I never try this, but I heard good about this.

* You can stick this picture on your cigarette packet. so when you see this, you will think about your future and it will help you to reduce the amount of cigarette.

image.png.921b84ec1f4d65e4501ad79df0d7c9d9.png

* Try to smoke one or half cigarette less every day or every 2 days thus you can take control over it.

--- try this methods and thank me later ;) 

Pictures didn`t work, first of all becouse not all of them are true.  

They Discredit the real facts. Smoking won`t kills you tommrov,  

But smoking increases the likelihood of developing diseases that can be fatal. That is, we increase our probability of dying.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:38 AM, badger said:

They told me that they were told in school, that when you smoke cigarettes, if you quit, your body can, over time, heal itself. But with vaping, your tissues that your body can heal from years of smoking and damage to your body, vaping destroys, permanently, irreparably, completely destroys your body and its capacity to heal itself. Well, it destroys the tissue, so theres nothing for it to repair.

I find this highly questionable.  The damage from cigarettes or any tobacco product is from the by products, the tar, not so much the nicotine which is addictive but not what harms the body so much. 

With vaping you get the nicotine in a much safer form.  As Juul has shown in the USA you can get people addicted very quickly as well by having a strong nicotine hit.

I just recently started smoking cigarrettes and im at the point where they feel very good and relaxing. I dont have bad cravings like that, but i do enjoy them much more then i use too. But i too do not want to get hooked and addicted, but im not sure what I should watch out for?

According to a brief google search, Nicotine is one of the chemical(s) responsible for dry-skin conditions due to the vein restriction effect it has on the human body. This slows down blood flow and prevents our skin capillaries from getting the nourishment it requires - Namely: Oxygen & Water

To summarise, since Nicotine is present as a key chemical regardless of whether you choose to vape/analog, the consequences will be present unless you quit completely. Having said that, reducing the daily count on your cigarette(s) smoked could be one of your options as well (as quitting it cold turkey is usually not an option for most smokers) 🌬️

Whichever way you eventually choose, be prepared, have a strong will & you will be able to do it! 💪

I vape only when I do not have tobacco. It is cool to have different flavors, but it is not the same experience for me like cigarettes.

I do not like buying cigarettes, so I make my own cigarettes.

Edited by eroejoe

The best way to quit smoking if you really struggle to quit cold turkey is to try e-cigs...

They do not harm you and people around you like tobacco does, they're affordable to everyone. All my friends stopped thinking about common cigarettes after they tried e-cigs. For anyone who wants to quit tobacco but doesn't know how - there's a good site where to buy e-cigarettes https://www.mygadget.us/. Get yourself an e-cig and you'll see that quitting tobacco is very easy. You don't need patches and all that garbage.

well, i have no idea with smoking tabaco vs vaping.. tabaco is just mmmbad... hahaha.. but smoking marijuana vs vaping, vaping the best way.. instead of burning leaves and inhaling the smoke, you can just  vape the thc from it.. also vaping for me have been an interesting way to save money too.. i invested in a volcano (vaping).. i would  vape my marijuana at low-med setting.., then high setting (this still gets you buzz but not as strong as the first time).. then i would collect the vaped marijuana into a jar and when i have enough of it, i would make oil out of it.. and suprisingly, even though its been vaped.. still makes good oil xD.. stoned a bird with two uses.. errr ya hahahha xD

Smoking cause cancer and where as vaping also causes cancer but not all vapes will cause cancer only some of them. Vapping is much better than smoking in my opinion.