Stake Community
Edward

ūüé® Blackjack Redesigned

Featured Comment

Like Hilo this redesign brings all call to action buttons for gameplay together in the designated section as opposed to the left-hand sidebar. The buttons are conveniently located close to each other and you'll also see a preview of the winning pop up. This pop up will allow you to easily rebet without much cursor fatigue.

Blackjack (Desktop

2. Blackjack2.png

2. Blackjack1.png

Let me know what you think! I'll be sure to reply to all constructive critisim. We really value all the opinions we have received so far

• I think that green and yellow there are a bit too bright. Could have a poll for these.
  • Cards are looking better with that typography and the sharper corners.
  • Less distance between betting options is welcomed. Poor bet amount bro's¬†been left behind.¬†

12 minutes ago, David said:

Design is great but not a fan of the 6:5 blackjack payout, will there me many rule changes/a house edge change

That payout is for a regular hand, and the background suggests a higher than normal payout for blackjack as well. No way they are switching to rules like that, they'd be losing money.

Edited by testB

2 hours ago, testB said:

That payout is for a regular hand, and the background suggests a higher than normal payout for blackjackas well. No way they are switching to rules like that, they'd be losing money.

That 3 to 1 Blackjack must be a demo. If it were real, the house edge would be -0.70% aproximatelly with the current rules (yes, negative for the house).

ONTOPIC: I like the current design, but this one looks good too. I like the sidebar with the icons of the other games.

About BJ, the only thing I ask for is a switch to switch-off insurance; there are a lot of players who never use that option, and it is a hassle to see it poping up. Some months ago, the "insurance" button was alongside the "hit/stand", so you can simply ignore it, but the current design force you to make a choice of insurance before be able to keep playing.

Edited by Xylber

Liking the new look Ed, buttons and colors brighter etc, looks great, back to Williams comment though, if splitting then what happens ? perhaps a screenshot of that would help ? cursor fatigue ? lol after competing in the blackjack challenges recently I'm not missing it right now !

Nice Idea with newly "rebet" & "double" buttons. But I'd still leave those 4 action buttons in the bet & play zone because it's more convenient to keep all the buttons together. And Xylber above mentioned insurance which I covered in a separate topic a couple of weeks ago (see below).

Edited by Xantys

4 hours ago, David said:

Design is great but not a fan of the 6:5 blackjack payout, will there me many rule changes/a house edge change

This is just mock data, the rules won't be changing :)

4 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I like the sleekness of the design, but I don't like the buttons being next to the cards. I like it close to the "bet" button. Also, where will be buttons be displayed if you split your hand? Love the new cards :)

This was an oversight during the mockups. We're going to have the hit/stand/double/insurance button displayed in the top left next to the dealer's deck. This will make use of the space a bit better and allow you to change your next bet amount without too much movement.

6 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I like the sleekness of the design, but I don't like the buttons being next to the cards. I like it close to the "bet" button. Also, where will be buttons be displayed if you split your hand? Love the new cards :)

Blackjack is my favorite game on Stake but I agree with @williamshennie9 that the buttons should be near the bet bar.  I see in your response they will be next to the dealer's deck, but why move them out of the sidebar at all?  I think this is the first of the game redesigns that is a functional reversal of the current game compared to being a visual improvement.

Not a fan of this redesign, compared to the other game modes sorry. Buttons are awkwardly placed next to the cards and colour scheme is a mess. If you gonna go for the monochromatic theme you should commit entirely and make the cards follow it as well. Something like the cards from the ghost deck by bicycle would bring up the aesthetics heaps.

Like overall design but would prefer buttons near the bet button. Also a little lighter shade of green for play and double button would look more nice as current green colour looks more flashy. Rebet and double buttons and with the new design and features betting on blackjack would be interesting

I love the new look, especially the function to re-bet on the payout popup. However I still prefer having the actions on the left under the wager amounts, because it can potentially block player cards or dealer cards as well... sometimes dealer cards can go up to like 5-6. 

Most important question I have however, is will we finally be allowed to hit after splitting Aces?