JoeyBatz

How would you describe blockchain to a 10 year old?

Featured Comment

Blockchain is the future.  Even people who are skeptical about BTC affirm that blockchain technology has exceptional potential.

If this tech is the future, how do we explain what it is to the less technically saavy?

Imagine a 10 year old is endowed with 1 BTC from a relative as an education plan.

How do you explain what the blockchain is and why his money will be secure and grow?

Banks don't explain anything just sell, yet even a child can understand the basic concept. 

my 10 year old nephew knows more about technology than the whole family, if i explain blockchain to him ... he will explain me about digital currency encryption, sha-256, programming ...

6 hours ago, Jonata said:

my 10 year old nephew knows more about technology than the whole family, if i explain blockchain to him ... he will explain me about digital currency encryption, sha-256, programming ...

your 10 year old nephew at the back of ur picture?

On 31/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, SuddenlyBroke said:

I just found this which makes use of a  Darth Vader toy ! and does a pretty good job at explaining
https://medium.com/technologymadeeasy/blockchains-explained-to-a-5-year-old-child-part-2-of-the-tutorial-series-on-ethereum-dapps-f80b866e72de

I like where the author goes with the explanation but it still doesn't feel its all that comprehensible.

If the kid believes (or used to believe) in Santa Claus I go with that it is like Santa's naughty and nice list, it keeps track of what everyone has done but anyone can look at it.

I've found 10 year olds are pretty clever and can understand things like stocks and bonds if explained with examples they can relate to.  I also agree that they are pretty technically savvy.

At 10 years old the child is to young to explain him about bitcoin. Of course you can invent somea easy story to explain the basics but you canthave get him to fully understand what bitcoin really is and how it works

A really great question. Maybe schools and universities soon will add this kind of subject in their respective prospectus for the children to be not ignorant to this kind of thing.

try to explain blockchain in very basic terms which even a 10 old can understand.

Blockchain Technology basically helps in Trade. Because of this technology, you can trade with anyone around the globe, without knowing about him personally and without any intermediate party (like banks or other companies).

For eg: Let’s say you want to sell your smartphone. Currently you will use platform like ebay which acts as an intermediate between you and the person to whom you want to sell. The payments might be processed via some bank which will cost you or/and the other person some money. Now because of blockchain, you will be able to sell your smartphone to that person without really involving ebay or any other bank in between. That’s blockchain explained on very basic level. Good luck to u all 

haha rly fun question/ topic 
i would say this
bitcoin is money that you can use online or keep and lose or win from the price change 
if i have to explain how it work i couldnt 
like i know how it works but i couldnt put it into words to explain it to a grown ass person xD 10 year old no chance :D