Stake Forum
Shaniqua

Roulette, Dice, or Blackjack: which one to Martingale with?

Featured Comment

Hi everyone. 

i'm curious in terms of percents and odds of winning in the long run, which is better at martangle, 
dice, roulette or blackjack                          

if anyone has the maths on this, I would appreciate an explanation in regards to why you think your answer is the correct one.
i want to try to steer away from "speculation"  and feeling or gut feel kinda comments. As i would like to get a definitive answer in regards to which game has a calulatable better chance at providing a profit than the others in terms of doing the martingale strategy. 

PS: I want the maths! no speculations please... but we all know everyone is gonna chime in with their "thoughts" on  it arent we... kek ho.....

Uhm all three games can be martingaled on typically but the issue would be for dice and roulette what payouts are you betting on. It is much different when compared to Blackjack whereby the odds of winning and losing is more proportionate around 50/50 sort of. 

4 minutes ago, Etude said:

Uhm all three games can be martingaled on typically but the issue would be for dice and roulette what payouts are you betting on. It is much different when compared to Blackjack whereby the odds of winning and losing is more proportionate around 50/50 sort of. 

i know they are all very close to 50 50 but as we all know its not exactly 50 50 there is 1%-3ish % difference depending on the game
its that smalll maths im after...

I'm not sure what you mean by the "small maths" but given that the house edge on Black Jack is .5%, and 1% on Dice, and 2.7% on Roulette, it seems pretty clear that Black Jack is your preferred choice for your martingale and most other 50/50 wagering.  Baccarat might also be a good one, I think it's right at 1% as well and you could even use diamond poker.

The usual problem with martingale is that you run out of coins before you run out of bad luck, and I'm not sure the percentages above make much difference to that core problem.

Good Luck!

Never dice with martingale. If you look on previous challenges, one of em is a tier one trying to see how many greens you can get in a row, which is just as likely as how many reds you can get in a row.

Roulette... I tried and tested with Doge. I was betting red/blue and busted, yet when I bet odd/even I busted as well. I was asleep so I didn't know what happened really lol.

IMO the best game out of those 3 to choose from is Blackjack. The reason is simple: you are not relying entirely on luck and can perform actions to change game outcomes. If you play blackjack with a decent strategy and don't raise bets, you will make slight profit overtime. However martingale is risky in the sense that you can lose 5-10 hands in a row easily, but then win another 5-10 hands in a row as well. I'd recommend starting with very low base bets and have a bankroll enough for at least 20+ raises.

4 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

Hi everyone. 

i'm curious in terms of percents and odds of winning in the long run, which is better at martangle, 
dice, roulette or blackjack                          

if anyone has the maths on this, I would appreciate an explanation in regards to why you think your answer is the correct one.
i want to try to steer away from "speculation"  and feeling or gut feel kinda comments. As i would like to get a definitive answer in regards to which game has a calulatable better chance at providing a profit than the others in terms of doing the martingale strategy. 

PS: I want the maths! no speculations please... but we all know everyone is gonna chime in with their "thoughts" on  it arent we... kek ho.....

This type of bet really is a black hole of coins, I have not believed in it in a long time.

Like the others it is very clear that if you choose the game with smaller House Edge you have better chance of winning. But to martingale in BJ you need knowledge in when and how to request the dealer's cards to avoid unfavorable long-term probabilities. But this will require much more time invested than the dice game.

Did you say you want math? Here are your math.

Each loss you multiply your bet by 2, basically your bets will be 2 high on power x multiplied by the base bet. (x equals the number of loss; the first bet means zero sequence of losses as well as the first bet after any win.) 

The calculation of your loss is basically the result of the last equation multiplied by 2 minus the value of your base bet.

With these two equations you can easily discover the lose streak necessary to bust.

Let's assume you have 0.01 btc (1 000 000 satoshis) and your base bet is 10.

if you lose 16 times in a row, you lose 327 680 * 2 - 10 = 655 350 sats, you balance now is 344 650, you cant multiply your bet anymore, martingale got your wallet.

To apply this in the games you mentioned, it is easy to do the calculation in the chat with the !odds command.

• Dice: 1% house edge, 2x payout means 49.5% chance of winnning, Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 49.5000%: Once every 55890.49 bets.
  • Roulette: 2.7% house edge, 2x payout means 48.65% chance of winning, Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 48.6500%: Once every 42791.04 bets.
  • Black Jack: 0.5% house edge, 2x payout means avarage 49.75 (this game is more complicated than that, but lets keep it simple) Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 49.7500%: Once every 60509.41 bets.

As you can see, the probability of losing everything through the method in blackjack is much lower than in the other two games.

By the way, if you want maths and probabilty you should post here:

Home > Gambling > Maths & Probability

5 hours ago, luizoruivo said:

This type of bet really is a black hole of coins, I have not believed in it in a long time.

Like the others it is very clear that if you choose the game with smaller House Edge you have better chance of winning. But to martingale in BJ you need knowledge in when and how to request the dealer's cards to avoid unfavorable long-term probabilities. But this will require much more time invested than the dice game.

Each loss you multiply your bet by 2, basically your bets will be 2 high on power x multiplied by the base bet. (x equals the number of loss; the first bet means zero sequence of losses as well as the first bet after any win.) 

The calculation of your loss is basically the result of the last equation multiplied by 2 minus the value of your base bet.

With these two equations you can easily discover the lose streak necessary to bust.

if you lose 16 times in a row, you lose 327 680 * 2 - 10 = 655 350 sats, you balance now is 344 650, you cant multiply your bet anymore, martingale got your wallet.

To apply this in the games you mentioned, it is easy to do the calculation in the chat with the !odds command.

• Dice: 1% house edge, 2x payout means 49.5% chance of winnning, Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 49.5000%: Once every 55890.49 bets.
  • Roulette: 2.7% house edge, 2x payout means 48.65% chance of winning, Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 48.6500%: Once every 42791.04 bets.
  • Black Jack: 0.5% house edge, 2x payout means avarage 49.75 (this game is more complicated than that, but lets keep it simple) Odds of losing 16 bets in a row at 49.7500%: Once every 60509.41 bets.

As you can see, the probability of losing everything through the method in blackjack is much lower than in the other two games.

thank you for the thorough and thoughtful response to this discussion
the rest of you too, thanks for chiming in,                           

Best to martingale with Dice, since blackjack has subjectivity in determining whether to hit or stand. Roulette has a higher house edge than dice, that is why is is better to martingale on dice 2x, compared to red/black on roulette.

PS Martingale will make you bust in the long term, so please be careful :)

A really bad martingale losing streak can make you go mad lol. There was once I had a 11 LTC balance and I thought I was invincible but eventually martingale wrecked me in just a few short seconds in the game of Dice. :(

I use to do it on dice when i played at Primedice, but the system does have the anti martingale that if you leave your game on auto, you balance can be eaten by the time you look back,, the fastest one for me was less than a 5 mins, i comeback to a busted balance. Thats also depending ok which youre hunting, could be eaten quicker or slower, but one thing is for sure, its not a very good idea to play auto then leave. 

On 1/1/2019 at 4:08 PM, KiXxnTRiXx said:

I use to do it on dice when i played at Primedice, but the system does have the anti martingale that if you leave your game on auto, you balance can be eaten by the time you look back,,

I do not think this is evidence of some 'anti martingale system' as you claim here. In all my reading here and at Primedice too, in the short time I've been here, I have not once seen evidence of an 'anti martingale system' or even another user which claimed the same as you are doing. I think the provably fair commitment coupled with the lack of evidence I have seen till now negates the possibility of some insidious, well-hidden 'anti-martingale system'.

The only thing, which in all probability acts as the strongest 'anti-martingale system' would be martingale itself, which in my previous experiences is exceptionally good (beyond all belief) at self-destructing in a matter of milliseconds, no matter how long it's been running for, or how well it's worked in the past. It's a very scary system! All the best with using it in future if you continue to do so..

On 12/10/2018 at 2:54 AM, luizoruivo said:

I somehow agree with you, but I'd actually put BlackJack under both dice and roulette when it comes to chances of win. Because the house edge is so low as there's no really need for it to be higher to make sure that the player will eventually lose everything. To have a true 49.75% chance of winning would mean that you'll always play optimal and never will hit higher than 21, the only factor to decide wheter you win or not being if the house has or not cards higher than yours. But unfortunately, you can hit more than 21.

But as you've said, if we keep it simple, yeah, BlackJack is the wau to go, if you keep it realistic, BlackJack might be the worst game to martingale on compared to any other game stake offers.

well on roulette, you can bet on black or red for 2x multiplier, but there's also a chance of 0 appearing which would lessen your chances of being victorious on your martingale here compared to dice and blackjack

Blackjack lets you choose double which increases your bet winnings/loss if you feel you have a great hand coming. This is good in martingale if you're good in blackjack, but if you're a beginner, you can try out reading badger's post in blackjack section.

Dice is plain old 50 50 with a very very small chance of hitting the exact number compared to roulette's number 0. so it's better than roulette to me.

so yeh roulette < dice < roulette in martingale for me. Although i truly do not recommend using martingale. For me  It is better to use low bets high multiplier or high bets small multi than martingale.

dice and roulette are very easy to play for me. But if I use Martingale, I prefer Blackjack.
Why ? Because Blackjack has a very small house edge compared to the others. :)

On 12/10/2018 at 7:12 AM, kayke94 said:

i use only martingale on dice and sometimes on roullete but i never play blackjack lol

the same as me, just doing it does everything, I don't think blackjack or roullete is so good at doing it

Martinala play is really scary   usually its done at 50%  bet 2x  multiplier but if you adjust bet odd and payout is always martingala -

Didn't understand what math you need under that  as its always calculated easy base bet 50% win payout 2  at any win even huge streak loss you will  win only your basebet

Try my calculator for it https://provablefair.altervista.org/tools/calculator/   its easy to understand  just try it.

Said so  0.1 balance with 0.0000001  bet  will last only 19 bet scaary  i saw bigger that 40 loss

image.png.a42387c435d79bf17632296d6d598c2e.png

image.png.843f513f75d757c2806109f4762d1911.png

see even if you win on any bet your balance will be 0.1000001 

It depends for me. I have a game up there which i barely play and barely like it. That is roulette. But to martingale i would go for Blackjack hands down why ? Because i see a lot of people doing it. 

The best one to martingale with is Blackjack in my opinion, since the losing streak is alot less than what you could get playing the other two.. both Dice and Roulette are able to bust you without even hitting from the amount of losing bets you will recieve.. The only thing is, Blackjack does not offer bigger payout like Dice and Roulette, Dice being the one that offers the biggest multiplier.. That is why my answer would be Blackjack.. xX

On 3/18/2019 at 4:09 AM, isangfirelang said:

send me the formula to success

You need to ask lady luck for that formula...
btw there isnt any single formula, martangle on the other hand has a formula, you double your last bet on loss, then hope to in.. then if you lose double again... keep going until you bust or until you reach  your goal..

it is not a formula for success however, as if you go long enuf you willl bust.

Ive been trying martangle with limbo as of late...no success

If i don't have any mistakes, at Primedice have some maths for calculate Odds for dicing right? At Stake, i really don't undertstand about Mines, but it is not problem for me to play. Because i only like Hi-Low. With Stake V2, we can see the exactly profit than Older version.