Stake Forum
Snike

Dumb thinking while winning.

Featured Comment

image.png.6bd3cfbe8ff4785654c2629230de5cc7.png

Thats a bet from a few days ago and I was just looking at this right now... I dont know what I was thinking but I was playing some dice on 10x with 100 sat bets and nothing special, but that changed when I figure I wanted to all in on 10x with a rather low basebet... xD Do you feel the urge to do something "dumb" like this when youre winning constantly and just think like I can win 420k with this one bet right now? Not sure what came to my mind ... :P Even worse is the fact that I wouldve hit it if I chose the dice to roll under 10... :(

Well better luck next time!

Yeah so many times I have started to bet recklessly when my bankroll starts to grow only  to end up spinning out of control. :(

you have to figure out how to use the raise to get the maximum size of bet without running into house edge, which will run your balance dry if too large. might as well just do 2x if you're thinking like that. this game used to be a lot easier. :( 

I always thinking that but no when I do the action. Probably become a easy bust to me if I do that. 

Take note : "Don't ever doing all-ins, and don't overconfident." -based on my experience back then.

I've did this before, a few days ago. I had 0.006 btc left from losing 0.02 and I wanted to all in 4x on dice to hit it, which was over 75. I didn't do it and did a 0 bet, and it obviously hit over 75, then I did 0 bets for like 6 times, tried again and ripped

I've definitely had the urge to "chuck" when on a loss streak, and busted a few times doing it, but afaik I've never tried the risky dice with payouts over 3x.... especially 10x. That's literally wasting money imo. However I did chuck quite a few times on blackjack/hilo/dice at like 1.5x or lower payouts since you can control some things in the first two choices rather than literally relying on lady luck 😛. Ended up regretting about 90% of those bets at the end... 

Thats gambling for you. At lease to took a risk and yes you didnt win that time but you never know what can happen.  I hope to see you win next time. I say kudos to you for taking a risk.

It is all too easy to get overconfident when you are on a winning streak to begin thinking that the whole world's luck is on your side on whatever following risky bet you are going to make and you will win it, usually reality proves otherwise. So it is best to exert self control during big wins!

Hello, guess that how betting works, even though every day im building balances from 30 to 100 bucks and busting in seconds after living for a while. I guess if you place a balance as a target and then withdraw, you will be able to make a lot of money, i know, easy to say.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, Snike said:

I figure I wanted to all in on 10x with a rather low basebet... xD

I mean, one thing I've learned about gambling is that you have to take a big risk to have a chance at a big win! So I think it's great that you went for it! Emotional state aside, you can't have a chance to win like that without taking a big risk 😁👍 Of course it's a shame you didn't hit, ...

On 12/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, Snike said:

Even worse is the fact that I wouldve hit it if I chose the dice to roll under 10... :(

And this part stings! I know that feel. 😥

Best of luck next time! 🙂

That happened to me the same way but I bet for the other side and it comes out on the contrary it's crazy when you think that the winner will come out on the other side, friend, so this is pure luck, I think it is not the truth but we go there giving Stake

yeaaah.. well we are all gulity of this at one point or another. When winning we tend to either get cocky or make dumb bets just because we are ahead, i know ive done that many times. Sometimes we do get lucky with our dumb bets, but most times we end up with regret and ask ourselves, really.... did i just lose all of that... for real.. yaaaa., xD

That's a common mistake which most of us cant avoid it. Guess people who are om profits are cashing out while winning. Most of my busts are after a massive win aswel. That's what I've learned so far by gambling.

yer federcampos, usually happens the opposite, you think is impossible to lose more ... but happens hahaha, but... sometimes... rare times.. you could win a high bet doing something crazy yes, raaaaare times