Stake Community
polor12

Why do you tip people?

Featured Comment

I only tip when I win big. For me it's when I win at least 1 million satoshis. Then I try to spend on tips at least 50k. I think it's fair and I do this because I hope that others who win big sometimes they will share their winnings too. It helps to build community. Most of the tips will be busted anyway so it's not like we are taking advantage of this or cheating stake. :P It's just fun to receive and give tips.

After busting today, once again, and got absolutely ignored by peolle youve just recently helped out, i questioned why  do i. It is becausr i feel guilty whenn they ask and not got the heart to say no. Even though youve been ignored by the same person just prior to a small win. Sometimes i wish i can just be an asshole, life would be much more simple. But as a blessing and curse, i still feel empathy towards others even to those who does not deserve it. :/

It's a strange thing about how tipping is nowadays felt by some meant to be a reciprocal gesture of love of somewhat, maybe to some extent it holds much true to some. The levels and types expectations on a what a tip from who it is from and also what it implies and most noticably when some are very much affected emotionally when one do not get tip back as often one expects when has supposedly contributed much to those they expected reciprocity from at difficult times might be the main issue here somewhat. Well this is just a pondering thought and observation of mine, a food for thought in the discussion of Stake chat tipping. 🤔

At the end of the day I think if it is not a loan. And the person doing the tipping is doing it for themselves forthem to feel good about it.

This is of course if there is no expectation of gettinganything in return in the future because some peoplewhen they tip they expect back even though it’s not really discussed

When i do tip these days, which does not happend much lately since i am constantly losing, i now make it private. Because most of the time, I feel pressured to tip some people due to feeling guilty if i dont or if i ignore their pm. By making it private, helps avoid that situation unless someome thanks you in chat.. lpl

oh  have you guys noticed the type of tipping that goes on that is purely for attention?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
like when its either a alt tipping  main or a bank tipping a main and can obviously be done in  private, but chosen to be done in public....
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
i dont understand when this is done by choice... yeah one can argue its just checked to public so they leave it as so... but cmon really?
what other reason is there other than to show offf that "look at me i got money, taaheehaahoo"
then again... i could be overthinking things

4 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

When i do tip these days, which does not happend much lately since i am constantly losing, i now make it private. Because most of the time, I feel pressured to tip some people due to feeling guilty if i dont or if i ignore their pm. By making it private, helps avoid that situation unless someome thanks you in chat.. lpl

I actually started also tipping people via private tip most of the time. I get so many random PM's and friend requests when I tip publically. Just easier to go private, so I fully understand where you are coming from :)

Well it's actually kinda good sharing a low amount of your wins , for me tipping random people brought me luck so far, but many kept asking for more and more until this became annoying, I actually lost around a hundred bucks due to spam 4 days ago. So I came up tipping only friends or people who worth it when I'm on profits.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:08 PM, FotisNt said:

Well it's actually kinda good sharing a low amount of your wins , for me tipping random people brought me luck so far, but many kept asking for more and more until this became annoying, I actually lost around a hundred bucks due to spam 4 days ago. So I came up tipping only friends or people who worth it when I'm on profits.

Yeah, i also believe tipping random people when we won big will bring a good karma and you will get more lucky in the future xD 

1 hour ago, jualid said:

Yeah, i also believe tipping random people when we won big will bring a good karma and you will get more lucky in the future xD 

Well, I tipped around 0.02 3 days ago(randomly) expecting some good luck or a better karma but actually the opposite happened and I came up busting 0.04, I guess that karma doesn't work for me, but at least, I tipped some good friends who actually aprectiated that and tipped me back when I was on need, but unfortunate someone ignored me while I couldn't tip him more. Lame, I know. I would love to mention his name but.. However, stuff like that might make you learn with your mistakes. Never tip a single penny to someone who talks to you only when your on profits.

Edited by FotisNt

19 minutes ago, chipito said:

tip people is a way to create some little friends

and to help each other out here

greetzzz

Well, that depends on the person you tip. I actually tipped like 4-5 people with $5 while having my greens and they came up ignoring or asking for more. However some cool people like you, apreciated my small tip. :)) Happy to have you guys in my friends list!!

On 12/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, sukillbtc said:

i tip when i start making profit from my deposit, cuz there is always a good chance for you to bust, y not make a few ppl happy before that :D

Yes I do same but sometimes write me someone message and bagging some crypto :D just like that and when I tip them they busted it and write me again so I stopped answer on these messages.

I tipped users using rain feature just few times up to now and just because it was my first time and i wanted to try it. 

Otherwise, I tip users when I win a higher amount and especially friends I personally know to support them so they can enjoy joy with me.

I have also tipped people who have positively impressed me in the chat, were funny or when I was in a good mood and want to help someone who wasn't.

The tips for the beggars who promised the tipback were a bad experience for me and one time i received this messages from one greedy user which i found few day later, and I did not even respond to it.

elbn.png