Stake Forum
zeriko

What's the optimal ratio?

Featured Comment

I don't think an optimal ratio exists. For example, If you choose 1 mine, and choose 24 diamonds, you will win roughly 1/25 games. However, if you choose 13 mines, and 12 diamonds, you won't hit a winning payout very often, but if you do, you win 5,000,000 x, so the difference in amount of times you win is compensated by the multiplier. But regardless of which way you play, 1% will always be returned to Stake through losses.

When I hunt large payouts, I like to preroll on mines, i find it can help :)

11 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I don't think an optimal ratio exists. For example, If you choose 1 mine, and choose 24 diamonds, you will win roughly 1/25 games. However, if you choose 13 mines, and 12 diamonds, you won't hit a winning payout very often, but if you do, you win 5,000,000 x, so the difference in amount of times you win is compensated by the multiplier. But regardless of which way you play, 1% will always be returned to Stake through losses.

When I hunt large payouts, I like to preroll on mines, i find it can help :)

the win/payout ratio is depenant on chance to win. .constant... as said above

Well this depends on how many mines you are going for, if you are with 24 mines and 1 diamond then you have a 1/25 chance of winning and you will get 25x, etc, going 12 mines and 13 diamonds is a very low chance of hitting, but you will get 5millionx in the end if you hit it

On 12/13/2018 at 10:32 PM, zeriko said:

What is the best mins / diamond ratio? 

What I mean by best is , whats the highest frequency of hits / multiplier /base bet?

depends on. Are you aiming for PO that is very high like 5 Million X? if yes, use Mines 13 and diamond 12 (Can be the opposite) If you want a moderate PO, you can use Mines 24 diamond 1 with the possibility of 1/25 PO 24,75X, to complete the PO. Please check at https://repl.it/@playful/Stakecom-Mines-Multiplier-calculator ^_^

One of the nice things about Stake is the house edge is right there in front of you, usually 1%, so the expected value of whatever you do is negative 1%.   It literally doesn't matter what you pick from the perspective of winning, your only decision is about the variance.  So if you want more small wins go with low bombs or if you want the one mega big win go with lots.  I started out preferring lots of small wins but have shifted over time to wanting the one big win, the reason is that it is easier for me to walk away after one big win!  So it's all about managing your bankroll and own emotions!

Good Luck!

I do not think there is exactly a general one size fits all optimal ratio in Mines settings as everyone's appetite for risk taking and also affordability for risk is different. Some would prefer a very simple 2x payout settings on Mines even and then some go for the elusive 5millionX multiplier which is like super super super rare. :D

3 bombs and 18-20 diamonds hits alot for me, but there are days when it just feels like it will never hit, but ofcourse it will eventually,  just alot more rolls than usual. Ive had it hit consistently one day every other 20-'50 rolls. Ive had it hit back to back more than once as well. My other favorite is 7 bombs 13 diamonds which is a 600.x multiplier that seems to hit quite alot. But again, could be trolled by it somedays. 

It's only a personal preference. I personally don't like to play on lots of mines because I know I am going to lose a lot of times and then I get angry and I start losing everything very fast. When you play on 1-5 mines you are going to win more times but the profit is going to be smaller. When you play on 8-13 bombs you are going to win rarely but the profit is going to be obviously higher. So it only depends on what you prefer, to get more smaller winnings or less bigger winnings. At the end its the same thing