Stake Forum
zeriko

Should you buy insurance?

Featured Comment

Basic strategy always says to never buy insurance, sometimes I get a hunch and do it anyways and in right ? Alttho I try not to. What do you think ? Is insurance worth It?

Absolutely not. You should never buy insurance in Blackack. If you actually count the number of times it would save you in a normal session, its far less than what you would save from spending money on every single Ace up that the dealer has. Plain and simple, never buy insurance. Its a gimmick for new BJ players so that house can make a little extra money.

Nope i never buy insurance on blackjack.

15 minutes ago, hui said:

Here is a great article (and video) about the topic from "The Wizard of Odds" that's certainly worth the read:

https://wizardofodds.com/video/blackjack-insurance/

The article is titled "Insurance in Blackjack - Just say no!" - for a reason. :)

I can't open it, it says "This site can’t be reached, wizardofodds.com took too long to respond."

No I do not like to but insurance when playing Blackjack at all because it consumes your bankroll just to protect that one hand of cards dealt.

10 hours ago, jualid said:

Nope i never buy insurance on blackjack.

I can't open it, it says "This site can’t be reached, wizardofodds.com took too long to respond."

Maybe try in a different browser, or check if you are using a public wifi which may have blocked the website.

I would use insurance when I got 10 + Royal Family (J/Q/K), because the percentage of dealer was higher when we got 10 + 10. 

3 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Maybe try in a different browser, or check if you are using a public wifi which may have blocked the website.

Same, I can't open it even using VPN. I don't know or Indonesian ISP can't connect to that site..

4 minutes ago, flansca said:

I would use insurance when I got 10 + Royal Family (J/Q/K), because the percentage of dealer was higher when we got 10 + 10. 

Same, I can't open it even using VPN. I don't know or Indonesian ISP can't connect to that site..

I just tried it now and it worked. Maybe it is blocked in certain countries? I have no idea...

Insurance should be changed completely.

You are actually paying 50 percent for just a little chance of they getting 10 value. If insurance was 0.25 of cost OR payng x4 then it will be worth it

Now? definitely no. never buying it Its like beting against your luck. Is that point of gamble? 

Essentially, insurance is a side bet that the dealer has blackjack. Like any side bet, it plays out independently of your original wager. The option is available only after all the initial cards have been dealt, and only if the dealer shows an ace. To take it, you must put up half your wager. If the dealer has blackjack, you win the insurance bet, usually at 2 to 1 odds - meaning you break even on the hand. If the dealer doesn't have blackjack, you lose the insurance bet. Even if you think you're psychic, it's best to avoid insurance bets. Basic odds for dealer blackjack vary slightly depending on how many decks are in the shoe, but the dealer is likely to have blackjack less than one-third of the time. Sure, you might hit one of these wagers every once in a while, but these bets will lose money in the long run. Blackjack might be the only place where insurance is almost always a bad investment.

8 hours ago, hui said:

works fine for me

8 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

It's weird i can't open it but it works when i use VPN  😅

8 hours ago, flansca said:

Here the video if you want to watch it :D 

7 minutes ago, jualid said:

It's weird i can't open it but it works when i use VPN  😅

Here the video if you want to watch it :D 

formula on the video is using 4 decks. Im not sure if they are using 4 decks and formula work on more then 4 decks cards.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:45 AM, zeriko said:

Basic strategy always says to never buy insurance, sometimes I get a hunch and do it anyways and in right ? Alttho I try not to. What do you think ? Is insurance worth It?

I used to pay for insurance every single time.

I can't remember what stream I was watching, either oleg or Darkblood, and they said you should never buy insurance. That mathematically it was a waste of chips.

I stopped after that and I don't regret it. More often than not the insurance would have just been a waste.