Stake Forum
1RegisterNow

Bankroll Management in poker

Featured Comment

Hello everyone.

Today i would like to talk about Bankroll Management in poker. I think some stakers might have heard of it, if not they might learn something new.
Bankroll is an amount of money you use to play only in poker and you can afford to lose. Management is way of playing that doesn't allow you to bust whole balance at once.
     First thing, you should set how much you have money for playing poker and what type(no limit, omaha, tournament) you want to play. For example, if you have 50$ and you want to play no limit with full stack, you should start at lowest stakes nl2(0.01$/0.02$). In this case, big blind is 0.02$ and full stack is 100 big blinds(2$). This balance allows you to sit at more than one table with a buy-in of 2$. If you want to play at higher limit nl5(0.02/0.05) you should have 25 buy-ins of that limit, 125$. Whenever your balances changes you should move up or down limit according to number of buy-ins. Number of buy-ins per limit should be 25, but it can vary depending on your approach, aggresive players might need only 10 other safe playing players 40.
     Bankroll Management allows you to keep risks as low as possible and play comfortably. Experienced poker players use it to limit swings in poker . It allows for them to survive longer while having downswings. In long term if you are winning player, it should be profitable for you.
     I used to play according to this strategy and I made from initial 50$ deposit up to 200 $ with bonuses. What do you think of this concept, have you played and followed some bankroll management rules or you played with your whole balance at one table trying to win a lot?

everyone who play poker (least 2-3 years) know this rules ... don't risk more 10% from your bank on one (tournament/sit&go/cash) and top 30% from bankroll on one day ... if you don't have lucky try next day...

On 12/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, 1RegisterNow said:

Hello everyone.

Today i would like to talk about Bankroll Management in poker. I think some stakers might have heard of it, if not they might learn something new.
Bankroll is an amount of money you use to play only in poker and you can afford to lose. Management is way of playing that doesn't allow you to bust whole balance at once.
     First thing, you should set how much you have money for playing poker and what type(no limit, omaha, tournament) you want to play. For example, if you have 50$ and you want to play no limit with full stack, you should start at lowest stakes nl2(0.01$/0.02$). In this case, big blind is 0.02$ and full stack is 100 big blinds(2$). This balance allows you to sit at more than one table with a buy-in of 2$. If you want to play at higher limit nl5(0.02/0.05) you should have 25 buy-ins of that limit, 125$. Whenever your balances changes you should move up or down limit according to number of buy-ins. Number of buy-ins per limit should be 25, but it can vary depending on your approach, aggresive players might need only 10 other safe playing players 40.
     Bankroll Management allows you to keep risks as low as possible and play comfortably. Experienced poker players use it to limit swings in poker . It allows for them to survive longer while having downswings. In long term if you are winning player, it should be profitable for you.
     I used to play according to this strategy and I made from initial 50$ deposit up to 200 $ with bonuses. What do you think of this concept, have you played and followed some bankroll management rules or you played with your whole balance at one table trying to win a lot?

Hehe, depending if its for real money or play money! for play money, i use to just go all in everytime and let the draw of the cards decide my face! just so i can get a bigger bankroll without needing to spend so much hours doing so, and it worked most of the times.. hahaha.. if for real money, ya i wouldnt do that, id play it stratigically but still with willingness to risk, as i do not like playing slow when it comes to this game,, Poker is the only game that i would go all in with xD..