Stake Forum
KiXxnTRiXx

Keeping tabs

Featured Comment

Do you keep tabs of how much or how many times have you tipped other players? Do you expect that they should tip you as much when theyre winning? I don't really like to keep tabsnor the amount or how many times i have tipped others, but it is frustrating that when you are in a difficult situation after busting all youve got, you see the ones that have asked you for help winning big, while they tip everyone else and skip you or dont even aknowledge your pressence. Then when youre finally winning a little bit or after hitting somethijg big, all of a suddens you get pms from those players who have ignored in prior days. What would you do if you weren put in this kind of situation? Will you help them knowing what they are like, or would you confront them? 

I have been in that shoe before but when that happens. I smiled and said to myself. The best is yet to come.

Moreover, the giver is always the winner. I never give to expect back from them but to make the spirit of game goes on.. don't think you are not noticed but one day. The giver smilees to bank..

Well the idea of a tip is not a "lend", so when you do tip you should not expect it back.

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree. Basically the short version is I delete them from friends list + never tip again. This does not really apply to rains since you can't control who the rains land on. Exactly why I almost never rain tbh. Oh yeah if those same people pester me again I either ignore, pretend I'm busted when I'm not, or straight to report it goes.

For me, it depends on the nature of the tip. Some tips are given to me out of pure generosity, and others are specifically sent with some "conditions". For example, you might send your friend a message and say you won a lot, and that you are tipping some of your winnings, you'd appreciate the same in return. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but the nature of tips can vary depending on if it was sent without any message, or if a message accompanied it :)

If you tip someone and then expect them to tip it back, that will not always happen unless they win alot and remember that you have tipped them before in the past. I tip people and dont expect to get it back but just im being generous. Its nice though when they tip you aswell.

ill be honest... i used to (not on a ledger of course) but in my mind
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
and unconsciously i probably still do so... which is not really in the right spirit of things...
long story short... i try not to do so XD

This is a very touchy subject so I will tread lightly with my input.  Just me personally I tip players when I win big or when my honey bigmann23 wins big then we try to tip everyone in chat and also tip our good friends that may not be in chat at that moment. and we also like to tip back those that have tipped us.  However even if I'm not winning and a friend asks me for "help" then if bm or I have it then we always love to help out a friend that's in need because we have friends on here that have helped us many times.  I never expect to get tipped back but I have gotten my feelings hurt before when I'm at 0 and someone that I've tipped many times it tipping everyone in chat and is "tipping around me" we are all human so it's ok to get emotional but all in all it depends on the relationship with someone.  A tip is a gift that is given to someone because you want to make them happy so just keep in mind your not the only one that feels that was sometimes we all do. So I agree with you on this KiX and it's frustrating. Now with that sai I wish you all good luck my friends.

That's a good point you preview in the topic. Yeah I always give tip when I win and satisfied. And there is no limit what I give. Firstly I tip to my well known users. Then I try to tip randomly some user at chat. Sometimes tip those who tries to get my attention for getting the tip lol. And sometimes I expect tip back but not the way I given. I hope that my well known friendly user may tip me some also when they win big too. And some of them also tip me. When I win big I get many beggar pm. Many people saying congrats. But when I loss big only few people show the sorrow. Sometimes I got frustrated really when I loss all and all people forget about me. Gambling is really like that. We can't expect real good friend here. If you have huge money and you win big you will always get attention and love of other users. Otherwise you have no value. 

No I do not keep tabs on this matter as it is really up to the other person if they want to reciprocate or not if it is not a loan or a trade in the first place.

5 hours ago, Etude said:

No I do not keep tabs on this matter as it is really up to the other person if they want to reciprocate or not if it is not a loan or a trade in the first place.

exactly! well said etude, there is so much drama that is created betwween people when they use the tip button  for anything but sending a tip with nothing expected in return...  
if it was just used for its intended purpose it would make life so much simpler

oh myyy - this is one of my biggest pet peeves! drives me crazy to hear people keeping track. makes it seem as though they believe tipping is a form of savings for a 'rainy day'.

i have never gone back to check tip logs and 'tally up'.  a tip is a gift.  a gift is ..... a gift! lol

i very much enjoy sending random surprise tips to friends in chat. 

what makes it fun, is presenting it as a gift. no strings attached.  just a way to spread some cheer and (hopefully) good luck!

18 hours ago, Etude said:

very true on what etude said. i personally dont keep tabs as i dont tip much either. But it is better to be clear all the time. tip is tip and loan is loan .

On 12/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, Shaniqua said:

ill be honest... i used to (not on a ledger of course) but in my mind
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
and unconsciously i probably still do so... which is not really in the right spirit of things...
long story short... i try not to do so XD

I'm quite similar, if I notice someone sending me lots of gifts, I will try and reciprocate, but this so seldomly happens, so I can't really keep tabs on tips I've received as gifts. Most of the "gift" tips are from winning trivia xD

3 hours ago, godoluck said:

never expect return when you tip others, thats life

true.. then some people just go and straight up beg someone else when they win alot and tell them that they tipped them before and expect to get it back. instead they get perm muted lol

OMG!!   This is my biggest frustration with Stake and why I tip private most of the time !!!   People seem to think if they at random send you a tip sometime in future you owe them a tip, than another tip, than your first born and the car you drive .....  I have had so many people do this to me!!   Not only would I never do this to someone but I dont play into it either !!

On 12/21/2018 at 11:55 PM, KiXxnTRiXx said:

have asked you for help

If someone has ASKED me for help and does not reciprocate then yes, I would be a bit disappointed.  However, in years of being on gaming sites, I've been asked for coins exactly once by someone I would actually send them to.  I do not like getting private messages requesting coins so I never reward behavior that I want to discourage, so don't reward PM beggars.

Sharing your good fortune via rain is just that, sharing.  You should never expect people to reciprocate.  So no, I don't keep tabs.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:56 PM, blurrijs said:

If you tip someone and then expect them to tip it back, that will not always happen unless they win alot and remember that you have tipped them before in the past. I tip people and dont expect to get it back but just im being generous. Its nice though when they tip you aswell.

i dont expect it, i tip knowing that. expectations only leads to dissapointment. thats something i live by. i was talking about someone who has tipped me, and whenever i hit something, this individual expects for me to tip. and i always end up feeling guilty so i do, instead of saying something. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, Paecga129 said:

OMG!!   This is my biggest frustration with Stake and why I tip private most of the time !!!   People seem to think if they at random send you a tip sometime in future you owe them a tip, than another tip, than your first born and the car you drive .....  I have had so many people do this to me!!   Not only would I never do this to someone but I dont play into it either !!

agreed pae, thats why i also do it in private now. but when youve hit and show on HR or sees fire, pm comes eventually. but yeah, i tip whn i can, however i can.. but sometimes i put myself behind by helping which is fine.. but after busting, no one is there to help you.. and im not one to pm people saying "hey, can you tip me this this n this because i just tipped you".. i may say in pm with a few fruends "help!" but if they dont, or are not able to, im not offended.. what mostly am talkng about are the ones that tips you once in a blue moon, but expect you to tip them everytime they bust or see you hit something,.

6 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

i dont expect it, i tip knowing that. expectations only leads to dissapointment. thats something i live by. i was talking about someone who has tipped me, and whenever i hit something, this individual expects for me to tip. and i always end up feeling guilty so i do, instead of saying something. 

agreed pae, thats why i also do it in private now. but when youve hit and show on HR or sees fire, pm comes eventually. but yeah, i tip whn i can, however i can.. but sometimes i put myself behind by helping which is fine.. but after busting, no one is there to help you.. and im not one to pm people saying "hey, can you tip me this this n this because i just tipped you".. i may say in pm with a few fruends "help!" but if they dont, or are not able to, im not offended.. what mostly am talkng about are the ones that tips you once in a blue moon, but expect you to tip them everytime they bust or see you hit something,.

Agree 100000%.   I have a few people I can lean on and I never ever ever take offense or get rude if someone says no.    The conversation does not go beyond that.    I thank them for considering and go about my business.  

I dont do so since thats a very big douche move in my opinion when you give someone a tip you shouldn't expect anything back from them.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, Etude said:

Yup i agree. Its nice when you get tips back but never an expectatiom. The guilt trips is what bothers me the most as well as getting ignored by the ones that asks you for help after you bust.. *shrugs* oh well..