Stake Forum
athena2007

Doubling Blackjack

Featured Comment

hey ya .. do you double on a loss in blackjack or do you keep your kool to carry on playing and hope to hit  a win streak... i think the doubling can be catastrofic to your balance and even swallow it up .. what do you do when u lose a hand double or just carry on with same bet ..

Edited by athena2007

I never like to double on a lose.  The main reason for that is because loses come in streaks.  It's not a good idea in my opinion. Good luck and nice topic.

I never ever do doubling as bmg stated, it can be really bad streaks and I have seen as many as 12 bad streaks in a row and that is not normal. Dice is also a killer, and it's really annoying because even really small multipliers still bust you in the end, so you have to get really lucky, do something that can potentially pay out better like plinko :) Blackjack is not really my thing, I've seen guys but like 2 ltc on blackjack trying to double up on their losses.

Playing on Blackjack is like playing 2x on dice since the main goal/multiplier on Blackjack is 2x, and doing martingale or doubling bet on loss is not a cool thing to do especially if you're not lucky or if you're betting such high amount and your bank roll isn't that huge enough to survive some unfortunate red streak. What I do is different, if I encounter some long unfortunate red streak (like after 8 to 10 reds), I will raise my bet up to 20k sats and prays that the outcome of the next game will be a green one :D If not, I'll go back to the original base bet or continue the current bet amount.

do you mean doubling your bet in the start of the game?
or                                                             
do you mean doubling down, using the game feature of drawing 1 more card but putting another  same amount of your initial wager on the table?

I never double on blackjack when I lose since you could go on very long losing streaks, like I got 10 losses in a row before and busted all balance while doing double on every loss. Too risky to do it on blackjack in my opinion

If you want to make more money quicker, you double it but therefore, you risk all your capital in doing that. Blackjack's house edge is surprisingly good at busting you very easily, when the dealer gets 21 and you get 20, that is the most irritating feeling ever.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:27 AM, Mateusz said:

Depends if u wanna try to make money faster or bust money faster. If u wanna have some fun and not play all of ur credits in a short amount of time then Id go for staying at the same amount

On 12/24/2018 at 4:34 AM, DarkBlood069 said:

If you want to make more money quicker, you double it but therefore, you risk all your capital in doing that. Blackjack's house edge is surprisingly good at busting you very easily, when the dealer gets 21 and you get 20, that is the most irritating feeling ever.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:54 AM, williamshennie9 said:

If i lose 5 hands or a bit more in a row, then I tend to increase my bet a lot, however, I have busted like this before by getting 12 reds in a row, so it is definitely a risky move.

Okay it seems like he meant double the bet when you a round... since all you guys answered in that way...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Yeah i do that sometimes... not all the time... but sometimes if i have big balance.

3 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

Okay it seems like he meant double the bet when you a round... since all you guys answered in that way...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Yeah i do that sometimes... not all the time... but sometimes if i have big balance.

I interpreted it as it saying: Double on a loss if you lose the hand of blackjack, not doubling a hand of 10 or 11 for example. @athena2007 Which one did you mean?

Hey! Well , each time im trying to double on loss it always becomes a bust. Anyway i prefer betting one colour x101 onloss base bet 10sats and leaving it overnight. Sometimes im waking up with some profits while it busts very often.