Stake Forum
Shaniqua

Why Stake shares "anonymous"  bets on twitter: trying too hard?

Featured Comment

Why does stake  decided to now start sharing "anonymous"  bets made on their twitter feeds.

I was under the impression that the reasons they didnt do this before was saying an anonymous user won would be like saying... look we cant prove that someone won this wagered bet but look at this amazingly large wager it was!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I was also under the impression that stunnna and edward didnt like the idea of sharing  bets made like this  due to the thought that it defeats the purpose of anonymous and makes things look like they are trying to fake stats.

What made you guys changed your decision in this (asking the admins).

Yeah, however in the past i was told the admins thought it wouldnt be wise to do this...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
now I guess they think its wise... so im wondering what changed?

They post it on their twitter to get more attention and possibly bring new users, and the highrollers are using ghost mode for a reason - so they don't have beggars adding them, but I think that "Race" ruined it for highrollers like Sam when some beggars saw that he has 1000 btc wagered and started adding him xD

Actually, each twitter post includes the Bet ID, and everytime I noticed one of these posts I actually did type /bet (insert ID) in Stake chat to verify and none of these bets were fake. There's literally no point to link fake bets anyways with the amount of traffic going through here. 

I do agree with everyone above in that these posts attract new gamblers. What I do find ironic/funny is if you look up the stats of some of the HR who made it to those twitter posts and their stats are not hidden, a lot of them are in negative profit, in fact vastly negative compared to the wins they got lol. I guess Stake doesn't show that for obvious reasons though, or no one new would come here.

It is what it is: Successful bets. It’s not like Stake publishes the stats of any user in the internet.

Of course the bet could be thrown and good, but in the meantime the same user could have ended with a bust, until the post about the bet goes out.

I believe you guys putting too much thoughts on this. They share the good bets to attract new players. There is no secret and no need to post fake bets.

Actually saw one post where first the user was mentioned and later changed. Probably by request.

8 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

Why does stake  decided to now start sharing "anonymous"  bets made on their twitter feeds.

I was under the impression that the reasons they didnt do this before was saying an anonymous user won would be like saying... look we cant prove that someone won this wagered bet but look at this amazingly large wager it was!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I was also under the impression that stunnna and edward didnt like the idea of sharing  bets made like this  due to the thought that it defeats the purpose of anonymous and makes things look like they are trying to fake stats.

What made you guys changed your decision in this (asking the admins).

Just because the user is anonymous, doesn’t mean the bet is. We share the bets, not the users. If a user is public we often congratulate them. People love seeing the big bets, it’s one of the most sought after bit of information or entertainment in our scope of the industry.

This is how the bets have been shared ever since ghost mode was introduced. Nothing has changed. The only time all bets were shared was when ghost mode didn’t exist.

Well its mainly because its their wish and also they dont want to reveal the user so that many alts and beggars spam that users PM and ruins his mood by begging for money.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:38 AM, Dan said:

Just because the user is anonymous, doesn’t mean the bet is. We share the bets, not the users. If a user is public we often congratulate them. People love seeing the big bets, it’s one of the most sought after bit of information or entertainment in our scope of the industry.

This is how the bets have been shared ever since ghost mode was introduced. Nothing has changed. The only time all bets were shared was when ghost mode didn’t exist.

but dan, i was paraphrasing what you told me in a pm a few months back =/ 
i guess i was just butthurt  about the whole situation about 100k for 1btc+ bet id reporting once announced in chat but got denied when i made report cause you mentioned it was anonymous and stake "would never"   post anonymous bets for the reasons mentioned..

with your permission may i quote a PM between me and you here? I didnt wnat to quote it in a public forum as the msg was in private, but with your permission.. may i ? 

im not crazy you know.... i think id like to show what i mean, it can always be said "that they changed their minds" and its their choice of course.. but at least i would not seem like the crazy one here making random posts like tthis...

yuo saying nothing was changed? maybe i just dont understand the timeline of things, i just remember presenting a hidden ghost mode bet to you (before the automatic mechanism was created that would automatically alert you guys about very big HR bets) so if i had presented a non hidden version of the same bet id have qualified for the 100k but if i you mentioning I do not qualify cause stake would never share anonymous bets due to x y and z reasons... am i crazy here, misunderstand or are we just pretending that never happened, id very much like to show what i have from the records  and you can point out where im misunderstanding, as im human i know i make mistakes, so if it is the case, halp me see the part i was wrong, but at this point your sure nothing has changed and im sure i read you say very strongly that stake would never do that. 

anyways... im curious where this will go, probably shani shamed... but maybe not.

I don't think you're crazy. I think I know what you are referring to. Last year we offered a bounty for reporting HR bet's? As you are aware, and stated above, the condition of this bounty is we wanted public HR bet's to post on socials.

That was simply the conditions of those bounty's. Since we have a new reporting tool, we no longer needed to run that "mini promotion."

I'm a tad confused about how that relates to this particular instance though? Are you looking for compensation for reporting bets during a bounty period that were not eligible then, because we report anonymous bet's on social media now? If that's the case, perhaps you are a tad crazy 😛 

As for the answer to your original question, it's answered above in my previous response.

I hope you dont mind. However this is what im referring to.  the timeline is what bothers me i guess. saying its not gonna happen but a month later or something it was happening.  now do you do you understand more my view on it or my perspective?

zza.png

zzb.png