Stake Community
Edward

Help us create the new Keno Payouts!

Featured Comment

With Stake v2 we will be releasing 3 new variations to Keno in the form of a risk multiplier. There will be the classic risk multiplier alongside low, medium & high risk. These different options will change the payouts accordingly.

You can view what we have in mind at the link below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BC5tewvQ_ICMC6McpE98GA5ldr2tSQ0U95ytmpzUEsc/edit?usp=sharing

Want to change these up a bit & have the chance to have your payouts included in Stake v2?

1. Copy the whole spreadsheet 
2. Create a new spreadsheet of your own on Google docs
3. Fill in the payouts however you please. Don't edit any cells except for the multiplier/payout ones
4. Ensure the house edge (HE) is between 0.8% - 1.2%
5. Share the link to your spreadsheet here in the comments! I will personally be checking all of them.

Hope to see some awesome ideas. Otherwise more than happy to hear your feedback on the ones I already created.

instead of changing just the x change the number of numbers amount 
example
low ( keno atm ) 40 numbers 10 to chose 
medium 60 numbers 15 to chose 15 hits 15kx 14 hits 10k x etc etc
high 80 numbers 20 to chose 20 hits 100kx+ and with the others but playing on high min numbers to hit ( to win ) are 8 or 9 

16 minutes ago, niki014 said:

instead of changing just the x change the number of numbers amount 
example
low ( keno atm ) 40 numbers 10 to chose 
medium 60 numbers 15 to chose 15 hits 15kx 14 hits 10k x etc etc
high 80 numbers 20 to chose 20 hits 100kx+ and with the others but playing on high min numbers to hit ( to win ) are 8 or 9 

A big aspect of Stake is giving our users as many possible betting options whilst maintaining simplicity. Adding another variable in will only make things almost too complicated for first time players. None the less we can do this -- If there is enough support of course.

I've been trying hard, but man, I think I'll let the pros take care of this. I can't get the house edge between 0,8 and 1,2 without having some really odd stuff. The numbers I get look ugly as hell.

Edited by Cheetos1337 | oof

2 minutes ago, Cheetos1337 said:

I've been trying hard, but man, I think I'll let the pros take care of this. I can't get the house edge between 0,8 and 1,2 without having some really odd stuff. The numbers I get look ugly as hell.

Haha, you can see why we're looking for help! 

What do you think of the ones we've already come up with?

Just an additional suggestion, @Edward

As a keno lover (even though keno doesnt love me back) can you add a long term promotional hunt for the very first user to hit 100x? After the release of stakev2

It's nice that more payout customizations is being offered to the well loved game of Keno. Yeah a jackpot prize for the first user to hit x100 (10/10 hits) would be an awesome promotion in my opinion too. ;) 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, TKO said:

Okay, why is it 100% house edge here? xD I don't understand :/ 

(Classic Mode, 2 tiles and 1 tile)

image.thumb.png.f8a4a822f86fb6030bff2f7fc75a1e45.png

What happened here is, it actually means 0% house edge the house edge wasn't calculated properly. The "House Edge" is calculated by taking 100%, and then subtracting all the expected values above. But it seems you accidentally deleted them all, so you should copy the formula back in from the original sheet, or you can just multiply the Odds x Payout cells which are adjacent to the Expected Value, and this will fix your "100% House Edge" problem.

Edited by Pirnitho | corrected a mistake

2 minutes ago, Pirnitho said:

What happened here is, it actually means 0% house edge. The "House Edge" is calculated by taking 100%, and then subtracting all the expected values above. But it seems you accidentally deleted them all, so you should copy the formula back in from the original sheet, or you can just multiply the Odds x Payout cells which are adjacent to the Expected Value, and this will fix your "100% House Edge" problem.

Oh okay thanks!

But I haven't actually altered anything in the database. I only just opened and scrolled to the right to see this. Its there in the original one! haha

1 minute ago, TKO said:

Oh okay thanks!

But I haven't actually altered anything in the database. I only just opened and scrolled to the right to see this. Its there in the original one! haha

Oh, you're 100% right! I hadn't taken the time yet to sit down and really have a crack at this problem, so I didn't scroll to the right that far. You're right, the original has the missing formulae, I'm sure Edward will address it as soon as he's aware. 😀

I'm so glad to see keno get a makeover. One of my favorite games at stake but I always thought the payouts were quite outdated and didn't match up. The new payout estimats look great though. Keep up the great work guys!

Got to love how Edward collects the opinions of Stakers themselves in order to improve the enjoyment of the games at Stake, it is definitely a progressive thing to do! :)