Stake Forum
bitman007

Upcoming Ethereum Hardfork: do you know ?

Featured Comment

Crypto exchange Binance will support the upcoming Ethereum Constantinople: Good chance to earn some free while holding Ethereum @ https://www.binance.com/?ref=15036879

or https://www.binance.com 

Binance has officially announced their support of the upcoming hardfork of the Ethereum network, Ethereum Constantinople. Constantinople is one of the stages of the global update of the Ethereum network. It includes a number of changes, such as a decrease in rewards for miners and an increase in the speed and scalability of the platform. The activation of the hardfork will take place at block 7,080,000, and estimated time is set up between 2019/01/14 and 2019/01/18. The announcement states the exchange will handle "all technical requirements involved for all users holding Ether in their Binance accounts." Earlier it was expected, that the activation of Constantinople in the Ethereum mainnet would take place before the Devcon4 conference, which was held from October 30 to November 2 in Prague.

its good time to hold ethereum at supporting place. 

Good Luck

Thanks

42 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Thanks for posting - I will be searching for wallets to withdraw my ETH to to take advantage of this fork :)

PS: Always remember to post a clean link :)

Would you mind posting the wallets you find so we can all take advantage of this?

58 minutes ago, bitman007 said:

i am using Trust wallet and binance and both will support hardfork

Thank you - I will check these two wallets out :) I have heard of binance before, but I thought it was an exchange, but I will do more research :)

i don't know if this kind of events are happening recently a lot because they must change something really or to move the value.... every movement has people with privilegiate information that wins a lot of money.... i think is the second, and this is not a regulated or controlled/audited market.... so think badly and probably will be the true

This fork should not be an event for which you need to move coins to claim additional coins.  Constantinople is the main fork of Ethereum.  It is a big deal for miners but you should not need to move any coins to "claim" it.

However, there are two other forks that will give you new coins based on how much Ethereum you have.

@KinAniK posted a useful link in another thread:  https://cryptopotato.com/hot-january-for-ethereum-the-three-hard-forks-you-should-know-about/

This lays out the three forks. 

Good Luck!

So ethereum is basically having a same fork as same as Bitcoin cash had earlier in 2018 ? Instead of 2 new coins it will be 3 new coins right ? 

Wow well kind of thinking about it might split my btc to eth and wait.

11 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

Oh.. boo another hardfork.

This is the first time where I will be in a position to claim coins on the new chain. I am super excited, because I missed out on all the other forks, especially for bitcoin in 2017 and 2018. I can't wait!