Stake Forum
Paecga129

Oops ... Accidentally sent too much

Featured Comment

Has anyone ever sent someone a tip and oops realized they forgot to add a zero and now they have sent 300k satoshi instead of the planned 30k ?    

I have two experiences with this.    The first time I sent ... well ... it has been two months and I still haven’t heard from the person !!!   They are online all the time but never respond to me.   My mistake ...

speaking of mistakes ... the second time was to my dear friend Mistake who sent me back almost immediately without question or hesitation.  

So so I am curious if anyone has any experience with sending too much .... 

I've never had this problem before, but I've seen it happen a lot, and most of the players on Stake (especially those ones who are older and frequently in the chat) are super honest and will send back any coins they were not supposed to get. Yes, I agree, @Mistake is a very trusted player here, so he definitely would not keep the extra funds :) I always try triple check tip amounts before sending to avoid this, but it can happen to anyone.

Posted (edited)

Yep, have done that a few times and got burnt by it. The person tried to double it and busted and said "omg im sorry, i misclicked.,.." lol.. how the hell can you max bet set your settings and click play and say you misclick... misclick a few times to bust? lol hilkarious now, but damn frustrating at the time. Especially by someone you trusted and didnt think was capable of doung that. But life is full of surprises, especially in the gambling world. Desperation can lead to so much shit, anyone is capable of burning others. o.O

To Pae: Sorry, ive reached my maximum post, but in your case that is competely different. In my case, ive spoken with the person and knew it was a mistake, yet still gone ahead and played it. Thats pretty shady. Your sutuation is a common mistake which happens. And since you werent aware of the mistake, then you cant be blamed for it.

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx

I know on several occasions I have received a tip and in the moment for super excited and started betting like crazy ... than checked who sent it.   Not even considering checking my messages to see if it was meant for me.   So what do you do than ?   You spend already and didn’t have ill intentions ?   

1 minute ago, Paecga129 said:

I know on several occasions I have received a tip and in the moment for super excited and started betting like crazy ... than checked who sent it.   Not even considering checking my messages to see if it was meant for me.   So what do you do than ?   You spend already and didn’t have ill intentions ?   

I usually don't play with tips right away, especially if they are large. I would keep it safe, just until I hear back from the sender :)

I always double then triple check every single time I've sent the right amount, sometimes I forget to send a tip private just because of the amount of times I re-check the amount before I send it. I have made one mistake a long time ago and sent 0.005 and was meant to be 0.0005 btc and guess what? I didn't get that back. It happens and that's why I always check if I've sent the correct amount. I would like their to be in future an option where it says "Do you wish to confirm a tip of 50,000 Satoshi to XYZ? Yes/No" - this would keep players safer when it comes to accidentally tipping too much.

1 minute ago, DarkBlood069 said:

"Do you wish to confirm a tip of 50,000 Satoshi to XYZ? Yes/No" - this would keep players safer when it comes to accidentally tipping too much.

I would really like this addition to Stake. I wish there was an option in the settings which I could use to enable this warning. I think a lot of users would benefit form a setting like this.

A setting options? No people will just remove it because some people are lazy and want to tip it right away. Having this feature on 100% would stop people from sending way too much, one of my friends was so upset to losing 0.01 btc when it was meant to be 100k sats. You see where I'm coming from? Also there have been times where sadly someone has tipped the wrong person so the feature I suggested would be really helpful for those who really do make the odd mistake of sending it to the wrong player, as I stated:

6 minutes ago, DarkBlood069 said:

Do you wish to confirm a tip of 50,000 Satoshi to XYZ? Yes/No

XYZ states the following username of a stake player. With many places that revolve around money, they add this in for not just player benefit but also as a part of security for that player as well so that he/she knows what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, DarkBlood069 said:

I always double then triple check every single time I've sent the right amount, sometimes I forget to send a tip private just because of the amount of times I re-check the amount before I send it. I have made one mistake a long time ago and sent 0.005 and was meant to be 0.0005 btc and guess what? I didn't get that back. It happens and that's why I always check if I've sent the correct amount. I would like their to be in future an option where it says "Do you wish to confirm a tip of 50,000 Satoshi to XYZ? Yes/No" - this would keep players safer when it comes to accidentally tipping too much.

I think this is a SUPER good idea !!   And the user can have the option to turn this on or off .... the warning !!   

9 minutes ago, anonnep said:

once i wanted to tip 100k and 0.01 btc gone ..lol

Ouch !!   That is a lot to lose ... did they send back ?   i am guessing not 

25 minutes ago, DarkBlood069 said:

A setting options? No people will just remove it because some people are lazy and want to tip it right away. Having this feature on 100% would stop people from sending way too much, one of my friends was so upset to losing 0.01 btc when it was meant to be 100k sats. You see where I'm coming from? Also there have been times where sadly someone has tipped the wrong person so the feature I suggested would be really helpful for those who really do make the odd mistake of sending it to the wrong player, as I stated:

XYZ states the following username of a stake player. With many places that revolve around money, they add this in for not just player benefit but also as a part of security for that player as well so that he/she knows what they are doing.

I hear what you're saying, but people will complain about it, saying it is extra steps to send a tip. Having it be a choice allows the user to switch it on or off, so that way, nobody will complain if they don't like the extra step.

Posted (edited)

I did this once.... sent Shin 500,000 sats by mistake.... the rat bastard sent it all back to me.. apparently  my money was not good enough to steal -_-

Edited by DviouS

23 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

I hear what you're saying, but people will complain about it, saying it is extra steps to send a tip. Having it be a choice allows the user to switch it on or off, so that way, nobody will complain if they don't like the extra step.

Its rather the question if you're capable of keeping an eye on your money. I did misstips too. Until today I was lucky and got back what was too much. @michelleleeann thanks btw :D.

Its the same issue like the demanded "you really want to bet with this currency". I don't see that coming, but thats just my opinion.

It seems to be the case that a lot more players then I expected are sending out too much or too little as a tip, maybe this should be a bigger priority? I don't know but I'm hoping stake 2.0 will include this because I feel that it's really essential to have a setting like this where it confirms that you are sending. Who else has experienced tipping too much out to a player?

1 hour ago, Paecga129 said:

Has anyone ever sent someone a tip and oops realized they forgot to add a zero and now they have sent 300k satoshi instead of the planned 30k ?    

Yes!  I have made this mistake as well as have it made with me.  When it happened to me I sent back, frequently I PM and ask if it was a mistake.  The one time I did it the user sent it back as well.  Most people are honest.

However, a large number are not and I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with the person who wont even acknowledge your mis tip to them.  That is a shame and shows quickly who your friends are, and are not, on Stake.

Another common problem is tipping the wrong person, that often results in people running away as well.

I don't really support a reminder message.  We are all grown ups and should be paying attention to what we are doing.  That will just slow things down.

I have to agree on that end statement with wry...  it's not like you accidentally stick a $100 in a strippers thong instead of a $1  ....   count your shit

1 hour ago, wry said:

Yes!  I have made this mistake as well as have it made with me.  When it happened to me I sent back, frequently I PM and ask if it was a mistake.  The one time I did it the user sent it back as well.  Most people are honest.

However, a large number are not and I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with the person who wont even acknowledge your mis tip to them.  That is a shame and shows quickly who your friends are, and are not, on Stake.

Another common problem is tipping the wrong person, that often results in people running away as well.

I don't really support a reminder message.  We are all grown ups and should be paying attention to what we are doing.  That will just slow things down.

I agree with what you are saying.   But it would be a nice feature if easily done .... I realize we are all adults however it was a loss to me when I sent 300k instead of 30k.   This might seem like a small amount to some but it was a lot to me.  

Nope , I can’t say I have ever sent too much in a tip , although I have received a few tips not meant for me , then received a message explaining chat was fast and they clicked my name by accident, obviously I’ve sent them the tip back without question, I suppose it happens often , but if you’re honest and return what rightfully isn’t yours , then it’s all good ❤️