Stake Forum
Paecga129

Oops ... Accidentally sent too much

Featured Comment

I have experienced this few times, glad tought they are my friends and they gve me back the rest.

Also, there is similiar problem tought, I have sent some amount to username "rain". Happened when I was so tired and sleepy😅

3 hours ago, iamsheikhadil said:

if someone sends me by mistake a good amount, I will double it on dice and send them back lol xD 

I would suggest you to not do that and send the amount back since you have a chance to bust that balance.

I have rarely face a mistipped amount because of typing wrongly so far... for now. This can be rather dangerous indeed if it was sent to a total stranger who does not intend to return it even if it is known a mistake had be made! 

I think these types of mistakes can easily happen if you are hosting trivia, and you are sending a lot of people tips at once. In this situation, I think you are likely to make a mistake once in a while, unless you double check before sending.

Ahhh yes, I did this once myself.  I intended to send 75k satosh and accidentally sent 750k satosh! lol

I pm'ed my giftee right away and apologized, asked for the remainder to be sent back. Which he did immediately. 

Sorry to hear that the person you sent to did not ever send back to you - bad form on their part, for certain! 

5 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I think these types of mistakes can easily happen if you are hosting trivia, and you are sending a lot of people tips at once. In this situation, I think you are likely to make a mistake once in a while, unless you double check before sending.

Well when you say trivia it has happened once to me instead of sending 10k I sent 20k once but the person did return it back tho so thats good ;)

I've had this happen to me alot of times but I didn't really lose anything much, they were just small mistakes of tipping 10k sats instead of 1k for btc, and I always try double checking what I am tipping before I confirm it, so something like this doesn't happen to me again in the future :)

haha i did lot of times sis... but to tip in excess is not the worse i did... the worse is to bet a lot of 100k and when you want to reduce, you forget a zero there and you start to bet 750k in automatic...and you know what use to happen hahaha... that is the worse error in amounts i use to do...

I think they could add an option to ask for a "second confirmation" to clarify if you really want to send a tip if the amount exceeds 0.001 or something! :)

I have done this so many times but I am blessed to have honest good friends that have returned it right away or as soon as they notice a large amount they will question it.  The best way to resolve is in pm but sometimes people don't always notice they have a pm.  If all else fails and it doesn't get returned  then at least I've made someone a little happier I guess lol.

No I haven't in the sense that I accidentally sent 10x what I wanted to, as I always double check before clicking the big button. However I've definitely done that while betting, aka betting 10x what I wanted to, which was ironically just shy of my entire balance (it's funny how if it was just a slightly higher number I would've been unable to bet as it'd exceed my bankroll forcing me to check) and of course I lost xd Thankfully I've only done that twice so far... *knock on wood*

However, I HAVE sent tips to the wrong people before, on accident I guess, e.g. those who don't deserve it imo. I usually tip once or twice before basically saying the word never again. Having a mental list of those who deserve tips helps, and having basic judgement means very few people go on that list helps as well. 

I think the only time I have ever done that was tipping from my bank to myself but never to another player.  When sending a tip don't rush doing it and double check what you do typos happen very easily to most people all the time, at least for me lol. I would rather second guess myself then make a mistake. I agree a second confirmation above 100k sats would be nice tho.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:26 PM, ankitpandey said:

i am new here so i didnt tip anyone. and yes, i faced this problem while i first bet with btc. it was hard to remember the exact betting amount in btc. but now i can do it better.

Awesome !!    That is super good to hear !!    I hope that you learn the rates easily !   🙂

On 1/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, williamshennie9 said:

I've never had this problem before, but I've seen it happen a lot, and most of the players on Stake (especially those ones who are older and frequently in the chat) are super honest and will send back any coins they were not supposed to get. Yes, I agree, @Mistake is a very trusted player here, so he definitely would not keep the extra funds :) I always try triple check tip amounts before sending to avoid this, but it can happen to anyone.

ayy im never honest im lying girls :D 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, Paecga129 said:

I think this is a SUPER good idea !!   And the user can have the option to turn this on or off .... the warning !!   

Ouch !!   That is a lot to lose ... did they send back ?   i am guessing not 

yes she send me back :) and she knew was my mistake . so from that day i always double - triple check before i send