Stake Community
williamshennie9

Do you take advantage of all BTC forks?

Featured Comment

Hey everyone :)

So with the recent news of the ETH forks this month, I have started doing a lot of research into this field. I have noticed that bitcoin seems to have monir forks every month or so, which is quite frequent if you ask me. The latest official one, according to my research with Bitcoin Private.

So I would like to discuss whether you take advantage of all these forks. Do you claim the new coins for every single coin, or is it not always worth the effort? Some new forks completely fail and the secondary coin seems to be worthless due to lack of trading with it. Other times, forks are extremely successful, as in the case for bitcoin cash, which was one of the first forks.

So let me know, do you claim all forked coins, or only select certain ones, and if you select certain ones, how do you decide which ones you are going to claim? I would love to hear below :)

In theory its free money. But I never have a lot of funds on my wallets. Whenever I have any bitcoin I got it all over different sites etc. Not sure if I'm missing out on anything or not...

3 hours ago, Snike said:

In theory its free money. But I never have a lot of funds on my wallets. Whenever I have any bitcoin I got it all over different sites etc. Not sure if I'm missing out on anything or not...

Most of the coins are worthless at the moment - however, if you collect enough of them, they can be worth something. For example, bitcoin cash was very successful, people who got free bitcoin cash are very well off, especially those who had lots of bitcoins at the time of the fork.

56 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Most of the coins are worthless at the moment - however, if you collect enough of them, they can be worth something. For example, bitcoin cash was very successful, people who got free bitcoin cash are very well off, especially those who had lots of bitcoins at the time of the fork.

Man I'm still salty I missed out on that fork. I thought it would be another dumb useless coin and now its actually worth kinda something!...

Nope , I dont know if anyone will believe this but I haven't taken an advantage of any fork that had happpened tbh except in case of Bitcoin Cash I had done it.

Unfortunately I have yet to been able to grab the oppotunities given in these hardforks so far until today. :( Hopefully I will be able to participate and make some profit off the upcoming ones if theres any. :)

On 1/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, Snike said:

Man I'm still salty I missed out on that fork. I thought it would be another dumb useless coin and now its actually worth kinda something!...

The issue with these forks is that you never know if the new coin will be worthless or if it will be something valuable. It is a bit of a gamble I guess, with the only loss being your time if the new coin turns out worthless.