Carollzinha

Chat Umbrella Showing When You Are Into Rainbot's List

Featured Comment

That the beggars and abusers are everywhere this we already know but everybody have to agree that they have been wild lately. Sometimes its even hard to "normal people" to use the chat to talk with all these beggars (passives or not), spammers, alts, rain abusers and so on so I was thinking.. if we can't really fight against them why don't we "support" their stuff? By that I mean adding an umbrella  next to our "Online" option. That umbrella could be GREEN when they are already in the rainbot list and RED when they are not. This feature could help them to know when its time for them to spam again so they would not be spamming so often only because they have no idea if they are still in the rainbot list or not.

Your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, neich said:

Cool idea.. but i think it wont stop begging

Actually nothing can stop begging but a massive ban (which I don't believe will occur lol) but that idea or something similar being added could stop the newbies and alts from spamming all the time

I didnt clearly understand the suggestion. What do you mean by adding an umbrella how is that possible ? And what would it do ?

6 minutes ago, Kate said:

I didnt clearly understand the suggestion. What do you mean by adding an umbrella how is that possible ? And what would it do ?

Add an icon with an Umbrella  and it would be green if you are already in the rainbot list (able to get rains) or red if you are not.. I believe it is well explained in the main topic

Edited by Carollzinha

LOL you sound like you've officially given up on any possibility of passive/spam eradication and is instead trying to figure out a way to keep the spam in check at levels more tolerable to everyone, right? 

On one hand I like the idea, seeing 1 spam message/hr (let's say) from one person is less annoying than 60 messages/hr. On the other hand though and most importantly, that umbrella icon means people will figure out how rainbot works, which makes it even more abuseable, or even fully botted with automated messages which would suck for us regular players :/

I definitely support a rework of the rainbot. It definitely seems like people wagering minimum/nothing are sometimes getting rains now compared to a month or two ago which I'm definitely not fond of so I'd very much like the old rainbot back. I'd also suggest raining more often on those who don't talk but wager quietly. This'll probably cut down on chat activity by quite a bit, but at this point I'd rather see a semi-dead chat than one filled to the brim with spam. Lastly I think having a minimum wager requirement to be eligible for the rainbot would be great, such as must wager 200k sat (or equivalent in altcoins) within the past 6hrs to qualify for any rains in the next 6 hrs.

I think it wasn't good idea, because if the person still getting the red, they are getting more spammy. After the umbrella already green, they will stop the chat, and the chat will be dead for a moment. 

And the umbrella one still hard to implement because some user can make a rain. Can you explain more about this umbrella feature? Is it for rain-bot only? I'm still doesn't understand about the part when he/she getting the green umbrella. 

22 minutes ago, irawk0 said:

LOL you sound like you've officially given up on any possibility of passive/spam eradication and is instead trying to figure out a way to keep the spam in check at levels more tolerable to everyone, right? 

On one hand I like the idea, seeing 1 spam message/hr (let's say) from one person is less annoying than 60 messages/hr. On the other hand though and most importantly, that umbrella icon means people will figure out how rainbot works, which makes it even more abuseable, or even fully botted with automated messages which would suck for us regular players :/

I definitely support a rework of the rainbot. It definitely seems like people wagering minimum/nothing are sometimes getting rains now compared to a month or two ago which I'm definitely not fond of so I'd very much like the old rainbot back. I'd also suggest raining more often on those who don't talk but wager quietly. This'll probably cut down on chat activity by quite a bit, but at this point I'd rather see a semi-dead chat than one filled to the brim with spam. Lastly I think having a minimum wager requirement to be eligible for the rainbot would be great, such as must wager 200k sat (or equivalent in altcoins) within the past 6hrs to qualify for any rains in the next 6 hrs.

Its not like I gave up from trying to eradicate spammers, alts and so because I actually can't do anything about it but I have seen some mods saying clearly that they also have rules to follow and they can't just mute everyone that is spamming because it would probably kill the chat (their words in some other topics, not mine lol)

And yeah I have seen some complains about the rainbot in the Portuguese chat as well.. they said that the wagered is not worth a thing since the Dec/08 update (when they did update the site due to Seasonal events) and I noticed it a few days ago when I was not playing at all also not saying a word in the chat for hours but still sending tips from my main account to my bank.. and only that was enough to grab me a lot of rains (please note: no wager and no talk, only sending tips to my bank!).. I have reported this to Ed at Jan/02 and he said he would give a look into this but no idea if he had time or if something is being done about it tho

5 minutes ago, Flansca said:

I think it wasn't good idea, because if the person still getting the red, they are getting more spammy. After the umbrella already green, they will stop the chat, and the chat will be dead for a moment. 

And the umbrella one still hard to implement because some user can make a rain. Can you explain more about this umbrella feature? Is it for rain-bot only? I'm still doesn't understand about the part when he/she getting the green umbrella. 

The umbrella would be nothing but an icon that would be changing its color from green to red when you are able or not to get rains from rainbot. As for tips that users send if they are sending it through the rainbot option then yes, these tips would also be affected. The umbrella would be red until you have reached the minimum requirements from rainbot to add you to its rains list (such as chat messages, wagered and so) then, after you reached it all, the icon would become green. Think about this icon as the Lamp you click to turn night mode on or off but instead of a Lamp it would be an Umbrella.. and instead of being on the top of the page it would be below the chat window (next to where we can see the "Online" status)

Current rain-bot 'rules' was made to stop single persons abusing all six rooms just wagering 100sat bets during day. Yes, it's affected who didn't abuse, that is sad, but you got what you was asking, when you was reporting rain farmers ;) 

Now you need chat all the day without wager or drop 2-3 msges/hour while wagering to be in the rain 'list'. 

On 1/11/2019 at 5:24 AM, Owly said:

Current rain-bot 'rules' was made to stop single persons abusing all six rooms just wagering 100sat bets during day. Yes, it's affected who didn't abuse, that is sad, but you got what you was asking, when you was reporting rain farmers ;) 

Now you need chat all the day without wager or drop 2-3 msges/hour while wagering to be in the rain 'list'. 

Since when? I received tips myself again in this past days only by sending tip from my main to my bank account.. not even a single chat word or a single bet made

4 minutes ago, Carollzinha said:

Since when? I received tips myself again in this past days only by sending tip from my main to my bank account.. not even a single chat word or a single bet made

Since 10th of december, afaik. It counts as chat line :) Also that's why Dinabot sometime in the 'list'.

Edited by Owly

The only way to stop the beggars is to get rid of rainbot all together. The spam is getting absolutely ridiculous. Just today, this troll was about to get muted from all the complaints about the constant spamming and this player had the nerve to say we only wanted to get her muted because we wanted the rains for ourselves..... lmao... like wtf kind of shit is that.. ypud have to get everyone muted to achieve such anabsurd statement. She just proved that she spams for raindrops... sheeven copy pasted a whle wiki page explaning strategy.... smh

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx

25 minutes ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

The only way to stop the beggars is to get rid of rainbot all together. The spam is getting absolutely ridiculous. Just today, this troll was about to get muted from all the complaints about the constant spamming and this player had the nerve to say we only wanted to get her muted because we wanted the rains for ourselves..... lmao... like wtf kind of shit is that.. ypud have to get everyone muted to achieve such anabsurd statement. She just proved that she spams for raindrops... sheeven copy pasted a whle wiki page explaning strategy.... smh

Who are you referring to? o.O