Stake Community
Kate

Browser Mining is it inefficient ?

Featured Comment

Here all of you know about Mining. If you guys don't then read this : https://www.bitcoinmining.com

And if youre not a fan of the long articles ill just explain in a short term. 

It's basucally using your PC power and electricity to register transactions on the Blockchain and confirm it so that it cannot be reversed or the receiver can get scammed.

So people today buy big mining equipments to mine more efficiently because lets face it mining in PC is hard and very non profitable but still you can do it. 

But there is another thing that has been introduced to the world of mining called Browser Mining. Its basically the same thing but has less efficiency and in my opinion is not a good thing at all since because : 

• You are wasting a lot of time since it barely uses your PC power 
  • Most of the miining sites have huge withdrawal limits hence wasting the funds we have mined by not withdrawing it. 
  • It also creates a lot of lag while using the browser.

All I want to ask was do you guys think Browser mining should've never been introduced or not ? 

I think it shouldn't have'd since its very time consuming and useless.

Browser mining was good when bitcoin was gaining popularity in 2016 and early 2017. But now, it is extremely unprofitable to mine bitcoin with just your computer. The electric bill will surpass your income from mining, and that doesn't take into account the long term damage caused to your PC by letting it run at 100% capacity for long periods of time.

Having two or 3 or even 5 machines for your own mining won't even compare to those who has storage full and has the money heavily invested where a loss can be expected meaning the electric bill as @williamshennie9 said  is well covered with other daily expenses..if you have a budget mining is not for you... Browser mining..if you can handle the lag or just use the computer only for that purpose and have patience..isn't worth it..again as @williamshennie9 said the damage from that profiting from browser mining just a dream.. you gotta have the money first and the mentally to handle a loss..

Truthfully speaking, I used to mine different currency, but now it's become worthless and furthermore, really bad for the environment, I sold it on when btc was becoming worthless. $20,000 was 1 btc, but it will never be that much, I really hope I didn't speak too soon. I hope one day, mining will become more sufficient.

Browser mining i found was pointlesss. Even when you run it the whole day, you barely even get anything out of it. And as you mentioned, almost every mining app or site has a ridiculous high minimum for witndrawl and is implemented that way for reasons as: most people wouldnt even make it to the minimum requirement before they realized its useless to keep going (which alot of people end up gaining nothing and just stop using the app/site) therefor the mining app site dont have to payout. Its mostly that kind of skem, its psycholigal bs prying on peoples tendencies and impatience. Just crooks. 

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx

As I've seen so far, yeah browser mining is kinda pointless and inefficient while you can earn way too low coins by making your computer runs its max speed without a reason.

Browser mining is relevant only in the presence of a huge number of referrals, unless of course there is an affiliate program. And on the power of your computer you will not earn much, but only kill the processor.

I agree with you. Browser mining is somehow really less profitable and just a waste of time or maybe a much internet usage too compared to cpu mining.  And besides nowadays mining coins is not profittable anymore for me by some factors affecting it;

first is the rate of the coin,  it depends to the coin capability you are mining  with, about their block response to the hashes given.Then the total number of miners also; the factor that really matters the most since the more miners the less blocks or coin you can have. And the last is the computational complexity of the system but there are still more though to mention.

I have not seen more stupidity than browser mining. Browser is a software application designed for viewing information resources on the Web . Software for minning is miner. If it`s cold browser minning is best way to convert your computer to hand heater.

First, as many have pointed out, for Bitcoin this isn't an option.  It may make sense for newer or emerging coins however.  But offsetting this, it is easy for these to be scams or turn into scams since by linking to a page you may install something malicious that can hurt your device.  Just the other day Microsoft had to remove 10 or so apps from it's store that had malicious code in them targeting crypto.  So be careful out there.

Frankly, I agree with @Zaynab Shah hanging out and chatting on Stake is likely to be rewarded more than trying to mine on your browser.  Don't beg though, that will just get you despised, muted, and banned.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:02 AM, Zaynab Shah said:

I don think so! Begging in chat and waiting for rain would be more benificial than mining to be honest. Not that i am suggesting such activities, just using it as a comparisson! 

I never considered looking at it like this before. But surely people have better things to do with their lives than beg all day. I am still trying to wrap my head around that point...

Yeah I think so too because from my experience, I launched a browser mine in my pc wet, after a full week I could not get 1000 stoshis, I thought it may be the Failing my computer, so I went to the internet to check .. to my surprise it was the fault of the browser in question .. I can not venture into this kind of thing

Cheers...!

Personally I do not think browser mining can be much profitable at all as it is very slow and limited! 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:08 AM, Etude said:

Personally I do not think browser mining can be much profitable at all as it is very slow and limited! 

beautiful observation brother ...! I even say that it does not have the strength to exist ... but in fact I even wonder how this kind of business happens to make profit?

Greetings...! bro

On 3/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, Etude said:

It is true but mainly why it happens or why it's slow is because of the specs of the CPU or how much RAM you have given for the browser to use. But what do you mean by limited ?