Stake Community
Kate

Browser Mining is it inefficient ?

Featured Comment

Here all of you know about Mining. If you guys don't then read this : https://www.bitcoinmining.com

And if youre not a fan of the long articles ill just explain in a short term. 

It's basucally using your PC power and electricity to register transactions on the Blockchain and confirm it so that it cannot be reversed or the receiver can get scammed.

So people today buy big mining equipments to mine more efficiently because lets face it mining in PC is hard and very non profitable but still you can do it. 

But there is another thing that has been introduced to the world of mining called Browser Mining. Its basically the same thing but has less efficiency and in my opinion is not a good thing at all since because : 

• You are wasting a lot of time since it barely uses your PC power 
  • Most of the miining sites have huge withdrawal limits hence wasting the funds we have mined by not withdrawing it. 
  • It also creates a lot of lag while using the browser.

All I want to ask was do you guys think Browser mining should've never been introduced or not ? 

I think it shouldn't have'd since its very time consuming and useless.

Browser mining was good when bitcoin was gaining popularity in 2016 and early 2017. But now, it is extremely unprofitable to mine bitcoin with just your computer. The electric bill will surpass your income from mining, and that doesn't take into account the long term damage caused to your PC by letting it run at 100% capacity for long periods of time.

Having two or 3 or even 5 machines for your own mining won't even compare to those who has storage full and has the money heavily invested where a loss can be expected meaning the electric bill as @williamshennie9 said  is well covered with other daily expenses..if you have a budget mining is not for you... Browser mining..if you can handle the lag or just use the computer only for that purpose and have patience..isn't worth it..again as @williamshennie9 said the damage from that profiting from browser mining just a dream.. you gotta have the money first and the mentally to handle a loss..

Truthfully speaking, I used to mine different currency, but now it's become worthless and furthermore, really bad for the environment, I sold it on when btc was becoming worthless. $20,000 was 1 btc, but it will never be that much, I really hope I didn't speak too soon. I hope one day, mining will become more sufficient.

Browser mining i found was pointlesss. Even when you run it the whole day, you barely even get anything out of it. And as you mentioned, almost every mining app or site has a ridiculous high minimum for witndrawl and is implemented that way for reasons as: most people wouldnt even make it to the minimum requirement before they realized its useless to keep going (which alot of people end up gaining nothing and just stop using the app/site) therefor the mining app site dont have to payout. Its mostly that kind of skem, its psycholigal bs prying on peoples tendencies and impatience. Just crooks. 

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx