Stake Community
williamshennie9

Guest mode on the forum?

Featured Comment

Hey everyone :)

I've noticed that there are "guest" accounts on the forum, which are not linked to a Stake account. I was wondering how this is possible? I always thought you needed to create a Stake account first, and then link it to your forum account. Has it changed?

I would love to hear what you all think of this, and if you've noticed guest users on this platform before :)

PS I linked my forum account here a long time ago - but from what I remember, there was no option to have a guest account.

Capture.JPG

Hello, William ;)

Yes, as Owly suggested that would mean that unregistered user is checking the Forum at that moment, or from an incognito mode ;) You too, all of us, were Guests for a few moments/minutes as you clicked the forum link and before you registered the account there, you were just unable to see it ;) 

I hope this covered your question, let us know if you have them more 🍀

The appeals section also lets you post without registering. This is to help prevent players making multiple forum accounts when appealing a ban. The entirety of the forum is available to all forms of unregistered people to read. But they can't communicate usually until registration (except for instance stated above)

The other time a guest account might exist is when we delete a user form our database. Their post is then changed to a guest name.