Stake Forum
irawk0

Serious discussion regarding the potential removal of Rainbot

Featured Comment

Hi guys. To be honest, I am against turning off the rain bot, not only because it gives me free coins to play or get some profit, but for normal players this is also relevant. We as moderators try to keep our chat in order to block those who abuse rain, spamm and annoy people. I really like the Stake not as a mod, but as a player in the first place. And I believe that everyone can make chat a little better by helping us. It's simple. Tag the moderator's name and use the !Rules command if someone breaks the rules. :)

2 minutes ago, AlphaStorm said:

Hi guys. To be honest, I am against turning off the rain bot, not only because it gives me free coins to play or get some profit, but for normal players this is also relevant. We as moderators try to keep our chat in order to block those who abuse rain, spamm and annoy people. I really like the Stake not as a mod, but as a player in the first place. And I believe that everyone can make chat a little better by helping us. It's simple. Tag the moderator's name and use the !Rules command if someone breaks the rules. :)

yup im aggre with you anonying people :D duh thats kinda spam saying grats every rain come, idk why they saying that everytime

Looks like the removal of rainbot was a false alarm as it still exists as of today. :D

Just now, ChristopherSCra said:

I don't really like it when it happens, but I will agree when many others think it's right.

Well, if you have some time, just go watching chat english room somany people say gl or grats for no reason

I don't think it should be removed because it's nice to get another chance after busting. Once I turned about a 70k ETH rain into .3 ETH after losing my original deposit. I do think there should be tougher requirements in order to be eligible to receive rain. Perhaps the account should have to be a few months old as well as have wagered at least 1 bitcoin or something like that. Or maybe each player would have to request approval to be included in rainbot that way a mod could check if they're active bettors and their chat history if they are passive spammers.

The rainbot has been removed and is being put back on the site again :) . But there have been a few updates on this if you wanna know more about it read here

On 1/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, irawk0 said:

Hey everyone, I've yet to see one of these made. I'm just as reluctant to make this as everyone else who are gambling normally and love this form of rakeback. However, due to having had enough of passives in chat I feel like I'm forced to talk about the elephant in the room which is: rainbot is killing chat.

I propose we disable rainbot for a short duration. It could be a day, a week, or even a month.

I think I can speak for the majority of real gamblers in that we are no longer reading the chat as we used to (for me that was 1-2 months ago). As of today, I'm on chat mainly to click bet ID's (skimming the 75% where bets were so tiny it's not worth looking), and only skimming through all dialogue, focusing on those from friends (with the exception of passive "friends"). 

Ever since the last update, the general consensus is the new rain requirements no longer place heavy emphasis on wagering, instead shifting balance to chat participation. I've definitely seen a little of that by experimenting with betting non-stop on an alt account without saying a single word and chatting on main with maybe 5-10 wagers/hr (I'm sorry I get tempted to gamble :c), and no surprise, I'm getting rains on main even after a long lapse of no activity. This change did not go unnoticed and to say repetitive passive activity in chat has increased is a severe understatement. With a modest estimation of at least 50% of chat being passive, it has changed to a place I avoid now. 

I think if the rainbot is removed for a considerable length of time, these people who's entire dictionary is comprised of "sad day"/"hi all good luck"/"grats catchers"/"gj rain"/"winners nicely done"/"!seen *insert HR name" will find it pointless to continue staying here. Either that or they will finally start depositing and playing like a regular person instead of waiting for those 1-5 cent rains. I'm sure many of us will complain/threaten to quit Stake but I'm hoping people will see this is a move in the direction for the greater good (Not the same as Grindelwald!).

It doesn't have to be a permanent removal. It could be an announcement saying "anytime we notice an excessive amount of passive activity the rainbot will be removed for the next 24hrs", but it needs to happen. Think of anyone new joining Stake, the first thing they'll see is spamming something random gets them more rain than they'll ever accumulate with faucet, and why deposit when you can get enough from rains? It'll spread like a virus and be unstoppable. Please make this happen.

-----------Discuss------------

Agreed.

Seems like there's a lot of nonsense going on chat, just to be sprinkled by a little rain.

The old ways of having fun on chat has been long gone, due to nonsense talk. It was very fun back those days, when Mods are around, trivias going on. Sometimes from players as well. But its not really just because of that, but mainly because people can have fun talking sensible and humorous matters on the chat room.

Disabling rainbot should lessen the senseless acts. ✌🏽