Stake Community
Kate

Miner preference - the thing that runs transactions.

Featured Comment

Bitcoin transactions the thing which keeps the coin alive because people buy and sell things or trade Bitcoin for Profits. Each transaction has different fees and based on each of the fees is the Miner Preference for them. If the fee is like 10000 Satoshi's then i guess the preference will be very very high but if its like 5000 Satoshi's its Medium and lower the amount lower the preference. We all go to the blockchain tracker and check our transaction to see the number of confirmations it has gotten and we can see the Miner preference under that which tells us in a way how fast would it be confirmed.

Until now all the transactions i have sent had a Miner Preference of Medium or High and till now i have never ever got a Miner Preference shown as low so that's a great achievement for me and maybe i Jinxed it but still i have to live and experience everything of the Blockchain so i am just waiting one day for my wallet to send a transaction with a low fee that miner preference is low xD .

But what about you guys ? Have you guys every gotten one of your Transactions having Miner Preference low ?

22 hours ago, Kate said:

Bitcoin transactions the thing which keeps the coin alive because people buy and sell things or trade Bitcoin for Profits. Each transaction has different fees and based on each of the fees is the Miner Preference for them. If the fee is like 10000 Satoshi's then i guess the preference will be very very high but if its like 5000 Satoshi's its Medium and lower the amount lower the preference. We all go to the blockchain tracker and check our transaction to see the number of confirmations it has gotten and we can see the Miner preference under that which tells us in a way how fast would it be confirmed.

Until now all the transactions i have sent had a Miner Preference of Medium or High and till now i have never ever got a Miner Preference shown as low so that's a great achievement for me and maybe i Jinxed it but still i have to live and experience everything of the Blockchain so i am just waiting one day for my wallet to send a transaction with a low fee that miner preference is low xD .

But what about you guys ? Have you guys every gotten one of your Transactions having Miner Preference low ?

Of course, I fully agree with you that at low transaction speeds you need to wait longer for the transaction itself. It is up to everyone to set the speed of the transaction. If you do not need to quickly transfer investments, then why you can wait a day with a low transaction.

20 minutes ago, Krezi777 said:

Of course, I fully agree with you that at low transaction speeds you need to wait longer for the transaction itself. It is up to everyone to set the speed of the transaction. If you do not need to quickly transfer investments, then why you can wait a day with a low transaction.

Yes but thats not what i had asked but still your own opinion but have you ever experienced or gotten a low miner preference ?

On 1/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, williamshennie9 said:

I've always had fast transaction speeds. The lowest fee I've paid is 5k sats and I've never had issues. If I'm not in a rush, I could try like 200 sats in the future, and see how long it takes :)

5k gives a good miner preference .200 sats means miner preference will be very very low itll take a week to get confirmed I guess. Just send small trnsactions with 200 sats just to be safe.