Stake Forum
wry

Bitcoin Futures Trade Below Spot Price

Featured Comment

In what is NOT good news for Bitcoin fans, the price on the futures market for Bitcoin has now dropped blow the spot (current) price for Bitcoins.  This is bad because the market now unequivocally expects the price to drop.  The further out the futures go, the greater the discount.

For a sense of comparison, during the peak in December of 2017, future prices trade $2000 USD higher than the spot price.

I guess the good news is that if you own Bitcoin you can sell it right now and buy it back at a future price for even less -- free money -- but bad news for the long term price chances of Bitcoin.

I still believe in the project, but the haters are looking more and more right as the price drifts down.

Link to article:  https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-futures-now-trading-at-discount-to-exchange-prices

oh wow, i never expected this to happen so quickly.. i truely thought bitcoin would drop but eventually pick up again after the dusts have settled. but i guess it went on a different path. do you think any other alt coin would rise to the level of where bitcoin was? or are all crypto will follow suite eventually? :/

Sad to see the fall of bitcoin but " to jump high you have to bend a little " so I guess bitcoin is doing the same thing. But if its going to die then I guess Stake and other gambling sites will be highly affected.

I am a faith holder that bitcoin will go back up soon.  I still don't believe bitcoin will die. 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, williamshennie9 said:

This is bad news for sure :( I have started losing faith over the last few months. I really hope we see a rapid turnaround in the crypto market as a whole.

I think that may be why this is such sad news, this shift in the price actions suggests that really really really isn't going to happen.  Fortunately, there is no way to know, but sadly I fear your loss of faith is warranted.