Stake Forum
polor12

How long is your average gambling session?

Featured Comment

we've seen topics saying goodbye..i'm done with this etc...well all said and done seems temptation always pulling you back to it.. i purposely muted myself and i don't nor regret in doing it... meeting many different people was great thing about this site and having that chat feature gave it more interaction with not just the mod or support but also developers..getting input for some change and seeing those change being made..really shows how much this site listens to its players to make it more better..tbh there's another site in the top 5 just added this feature...so stake was far ahead in the game even though only having 12 games...well back to why i perm mute myself..for temptation not to take effect cut-off what leads to it.. by muting you don't get tip or rain..and stop communication with other players to help you out.. i caught myself asking to some players in which a couple did...but others promised but never came through..to those who did i gave back more then that was given and i appreciated it..but having that kind of backup for bankroll isn't a good thing... i dont want to be that person to be depending on others or being bitter to those i helped out and not getting any in returned..i have deposit almost every single day...once its gone sit waiting on rain...sux with 0...once rain hits you you have a second chance..that's feeding the habit..so in a way cutting those off can slowly get me back in control.. again it was great talking to most of you guys and very thankful i met many different individuals from other countries..but this goodbye and good luck..ps.. a couple you guys dont worry if you get a ninja tip from someone you dont know... that's me...i didn't forget!!

It seems like there are also a lot of people who comment "never coming back" etc. and then you see them in the chat the very next day. If someone makes a post about their gambling career coming to an end, then good for them I guess. We are all our own person, and nobody should be judged for any decisions that they have made :)

8 minutes ago, polor12 said:

we've seen topics saying goodbye..i'm done with this etc...well all said and done seems temptation always pulling you back to it.. i purposely muted myself and i don't nor regret in doing it... meeting many different people was great thing about this site and having that chat feature gave it more interaction with not just the mod or support but also developers..getting input for some change and seeing those change being made..really shows how much this site listens to its players to make it more better..tbh there's another site in the top 5 just added this feature...so stake was far ahead in the game even though only having 12 games...well back to why i perm mute myself..for temptation not to take effect cut-off what leads to it.. by muting you don't get tip or rain..and stop communication with other players to help you out.. i caught myself asking to some players in which a couple did...but others promised but never came through..to those who did i gave back more then that was given and i appreciated it..but having that kind of backup for bankroll isn't a good thing... i dont want to be that person to be depending on others or being bitter to those i helped out and not getting any in returned..i have deposit almost every single day...once its gone sit waiting on rain...sux with 0...once rain hits you you have a second chance..that's feeding the habit..so in a way cutting those off can slowly get me back in control.. again it was great talking to most of you guys and very thankful i met many different individuals from other countries..but this goodbye and good luck..ps.. a couple you guys dont worry if you get a ninja tip from someone you dont know... that's me...i didn't forget!!

Glad you have the willpower/strength to follow through with your decision to leave, even going so far as to self-restrict - respectable! 

Even though we may never see you here again, wishing you all the best in whichever endeavours you choose to pursue.

So... for the last time: Good Luck! 😁

Edited by nuuuitsjdragon

Hey @polor12 I'm really sad to see you going and I'm sorry to hear about your perm-mute which was intended? Well I guess it sucks not being able to do what you want to do whilst having it. Gambling is a big circle and their is only one way back to the start in the end, that's what I find personally. Asking in my opinion is not a bad thing, I have never seen it as a bad thing as long as their agreed terms but then that's in a way a loan. Loans had been stopped however people still do them to help out their friends in Stake. You have been a great friend and even hearing you in the chat room those times ago made me laugh and I wish you the very best of luck in the future. Leaving a gambling site is hard and it takes desired dedication, some people have that and some people just don't have that, you may be one of those with a strong will power :) 

I understand the frustration of losing all and depending on the rains, that's currently what a few people are doing to recover their losses, it's hard work.

10 hours ago, polor12 said:

You actually peacin out from the site or just going lowkey in the background? I think the drama mostly comes from being too involved in chat. Im guilty of that myself.. thats why lately, ive been more and more detached from the chat, but there are those moments when i do say things in chat voicing out whats is my head.. its more as outlet to get it out and move on from it before it escalates intoa bigger thing that would eat up my mental health, which is already in poor state.. well good luck buddy, wherever your venture takes you. peace ..v.

11 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

"never coming back" 

I always thought it was just mostly one person, and of course he kept coming back time after time after time, though I guess sometimes it was on an alt.

In my experience people are going to leave and never come back do just that, they leave and don't come back, they don't post about their leaving over and over.  I view this type of behavior as more of a desperate attempt to gain attention so they have something to fill their sad empty lives with.  I hope things get better for them but I don't think an anonymous gambling chat is the place where you are going to find true personal fulfillment.

You might however find some fun, and that, after all, is the point.

If it's stopped being fun for you @polor12 then I'll be sorry to see you go, but fully understand getting weary of some of the denizens in chat.  Good Luck!

I can definitely relate to your experiences in chat. I tend to lurk more now. If you want a good place to chat and stuff, come to discord, almost none of the beggars have invaded it yet.

I honestly don't support you perm muting yourself lol, it means no tips from others which I suppose is a distraction/reliance you wish to get rid of. However, it means no rain, and instead of rain going to someone who actually deserves it (aka you who deposits and bets daily), chances are that rain will go to someone who likes to spam 2 letters in chat or "grats catchers".

My typical session is unhealthily long, like minimum 5 hours, maximum probably a couple days straight with a couple breaks.

I'm use to this as I was a MTT poker player for a while, played very long sessions sometimes over several consecutive days (those were the bigger tournaments), I also played a lot of online poker too which I spent even more time just playing heads up cash games against one opponent on 4 to 6 different tables at a time, I call these 'poker wars'.

I know for sure I need to cut down, despite me already cutting right down as it is, but I could definitely spend less time gambling and more time being productive in some other way like with my music or I may even enroll into college and get another qualification.

8 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

I think the drama mostly comes from being too involved in chat. Im guilty of that myself.. thats why lately, ive been more and more detached from the chat,

i could relate to this :D. Chat content is a lot different from before.. passing by just to randomly say hi to friends is what makes me visit chat. :) 

and i tend to play a little less now too. from almost playing everywhere and anywhere, now im down to 2-4 hours at max.. with a depo limit everyday.  

8 hours ago, wry said:

In my experience people are going to leave and never come back do just that, they leave and don't come back, they don't post about their leaving over and over.  I view this type of behavior as more of a desperate attempt to gain attention so they have something to fill their sad empty lives with. 

or maybe they are looking for some reason to stay and validate their addiction or fixation.  

ummm.. from the tim i start playing, until.. i finally pass out... lol which could be hours? or days? xD i dont have a certain minimum or maximum hours layed out or routines that i follow.. i play until whenever since i do everything from home.. been on a sick leave, which gives me alot of free time and also the excuse to play..xD

Usually my session mainly depends on three things

1. The time i have on my hand
  2. If there is some work i have to do for my real life job
  3. If i am tired or not in a mood 

But neglecting the above things my session would go from anywhere from 1 hours to 2 hours or maybe more i usually don't keep track of time. 

well if you are leaving you will be missed.  I wish well on your journey in life.  If you do choose to stay then I wish you the best of luck and I hope you win big. 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:45 AM, wry said:

In my experience people are going to leave and never come back do just that, they leave and don't come back, they don't post about their leaving over and over.

This is true. The legends who have left Stake didn't post about it, or warn anyone, they simply vanished. I think people who say that are just seeking attention, and not really going to leave (at least most of the time).

On 2/3/2019 at 7:31 PM, polor12 said:

I thnk the revenge will never end,, based on my expwrience . Everytime i win i alway ask for more,, ending gambling session will only start once we decide not yo play anymore,,and based on other topic ive read here,, we usually end up busted or zero balance,, then it continue for eternity ,, pls dont let gambling ruin our life,, its good to bet and relax but once u are forced to sell something just to be able to bet,, you should think twice...you might be already addicted...

1 minute ago, jualid said:

Mine is 3-6 hours per day, depends on how many balance that i had. More bigger i have, more hours i will play.

Haha, It happens the opposite to me since when I've a big balance/depo it goes to zero instantly.:D

Just now, FotisNt said:

Haha, It happens the opposite to me since when I've a big balance/depo it goes to zero instantly.:D

Well, it should be more safe imo with a big balance. With a big balance you can tank more loses when red long streaks come.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, polor12 said:

you are one of the best person i have meet on the internet and i just so thankful stake give me a chance to met you , even you never play stake anymore , you still know where you can find me right... you know , i wish i could havve even 1 time in my life go to US the first person i have to meet that is you. :) :) :) :)