Stake Community
wry

BitTorrent Coin up huge, I didn't even know BitTorrent had a Coin!

Featured Comment

Okay, so like I expect most everyone here, I've used BitTorrent from time to time and it has worked great for years, maybe even a decade.

So I read this article today about how BitTorrent coin (BTT) has soared in value almost FIVE TIMES since its IPO last week.  Wow!!  Please tell me some of you were home on this!!!

Meanwhile, it looks like using the coin will allow you to jump the line for downloading a torrent, and you'll get some coin for seeding a torrent, so it seems legit, but it just seems odd that this already well functioning service would add on a crypto layer, though it is clearly working out. 

What do you think about already existing services add a coin layer on top?  I wonder if we could one day see Stakecoin and you could spend them to reduce the house edge on games! :D  I know the bitdice site has a token, but it just gives you a portion of the site's profits.

Link to story if you are interested in more background: https://www.coindesk.com/bittorrent-token-is-already-nearly-6-times-its-ico-price

BitTorrent has a coin? o.O lol.. i didnt even know they had one! But cant really say i am surprised too too much.. More and more comanies/sites/apps will start implementing crypto coins or create their own depending on their popularity.. Im sure (assuming) that sites like Netflix, Groupon and other big markets will jump on the wagon soon if not already.. Im hoping even my cell phone provider would start accepting crypto as payment for monthly top up! Now that would be awesome! xD

Well that's really great and while at this time while it's rising Bitcoin too is rising a bit by bit. Also I can't seriously believe that i just missed this ICO because i was preparing for a presentation for one month. It really sucks. I currently invested in a coin called LocusChain if I'd know that there was a BitTorrent coin i would've right away invested in that instead of LocusChain. 

1 hour ago, wry said:

BitTorrent coin (BTT) has soared in value almost FIVE TIMES since its IPO last week.  Wow!!  Please tell me some of you were home on this!!!

I have not seen anything like this because I don't take a lot of research into other developments, I normally work with the news of BTC/ETH/LTC/BCH the top 4 Crypto - I might need to take a look into this a little more, if this is working out profitable, at least I know where I should be placing my money on future events. Thanks for the heads up about this, very interesting where you find these sources @wry :)

On 2/10/2019 at 9:45 PM, xtinepink said:

I thought that airdrop was over? I have read in Binance website that the token was sold out in a public sale in less than 15 minutes. And yes it’s already up now. 

That was the public sale, it is over.  But now the owners of BTT will keep going more BTT from the airdrops that happen monthly.  This may have been one that it hurts to miss, but then again, maybe not!