Stake Community
Shiest

True Story - Gives Inspiration

Featured Comment

Here's an inspiring story for aspiring gamblers and small business owners: the founder of FedEx saved his floundering company by gambling in Vegas, earning $27,000 in blackjack! The company only had $5,000 in its coffers when Frederick Smith decided to fly to Vegas in 1973 and risk it all. Though this isn't good investment or business advice in general, Smith's gamble paid off, allowing the company to last long enough to raise $11 million and eventually earn its first profits in 1976.

Pretty cool, huh?!?!

Yep!

- Shiest

On 2/10/2019 at 5:35 AM, Shiest said:

Here's an inspiring story for aspiring gamblers and small business owners: the founder of FedEx saved his floundering company by gambling in Vegas, earning $27,000 in blackjack! The company only had $5,000 in its coffers when Frederick Smith decided to fly to Vegas in 1973 and risk it all. Though this isn't good investment or business advice in general, Smith's gamble paid off, allowing the company to last long enough to raise $11 million and eventually earn its first profits in 1976.

Pretty cool, huh?!?!

Yep!

- Shiest

That is cool, but not at all inspiring to me personally.. it just means the guy got lucky.. what i do admire though is what he did with his winnings.. he built a company that turned out to be a successful one.. But not eveyone who flies to vegae will win and the go off and create their own company xD 

Interesting story! However, most people who tried to do that, failed hard and lost a fortune. I guess he was just lucky or something, so I wouldn't actually consider that as an inspiration while there is always a case to come up destroyed. Anyways, I didn't know that FedEx came up like that, thanks for sharing!

Edited by FotisNt