Stake Community
AlphaStorm

Withdraw timer

Featured Comment

Hello team and users!
I again have a proposal to improve security :)

As it was already more than once, some players do not install 2fa, or use third-party software for playing games or other 'improvements.' Most often this ends with the loss of funds from the account of the account. And we all know that the transaction is irreversible, and the responsibility for the lost lies primarily with the player himself, who did not take care of good protection.

But I have a good idea, it may help some players who have fallen for the trick of the fraudster and his funds went to the conclusion.
The point is to set a withdrawal timer, 1 or 5 minutes. I think this is enough to notice tha he balance is 0 and check the status of their transactions. And if you need to cancel the withdrawal of funds.

what do you think of it?

10 minutes ago, StoneDragon said:

Maybe i am cruel, but then its learning point, we cant help people how dont wanna learn... 2fa is for reason.

But u have good i idea.

By the way, this also helps in case of an accidental input address error. :)

Okie, for nonsmart users it may help. But what about others who using 2fa? It will cause unwanted actions for them in situations when few wd's need to be sent right away..

We already had "good" times with 2fa on tips :/ I stand for no.

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

Okie, for nonsmart users it may help. But what about others who using 2fa? It will cause unwanted actions for them in situations when few wd's need to be sent right away..

We already had "good" times with 2fa on tips :/ I stand for no.

Excellent amendment Maxim :) for users with 2fa installed it will just be disabled. Although in the case of an error in the input address, it could also help.

6 minutes ago, AlphaStorm said:

Excellent amendment Maxim :) for users with 2fa installed it will just be disabled. Although in the case of an error in the input address, it could also help.

If it would be like that, then I agree :) Let's wait for an official opinion. 

P.s. Sending funds online...damm...they have to double check :D 

Edited by Owly

Also, we need some notification and confirming if you really wanted to withdraw into "this address". I mean, not like the notification that we used in Stake, but we need like Coinswitch. Like this one, 

image.png.ba6c44427d456f2d0d0068ff60191c07.png

That was really important to all users, some notification can help and double-cross-check again, so people wouldn't doing some mistake. 

Another suggestion :  (almost related to this (withdrawal) and about hacked account)

We can add another security like entering a pin number before entering into withdrawals and deposits. the pin number can be saved by writing the number on small paper.Because people also still consider 2FA security are trivial things, but for pin numbers, I think it's very good and the hacker cannot crack the security in a quick minutes. Also, if people forget about their withdrawal/deposit code, you can ask support about that and may support asking you some question that is "really" you. 

I would waiting some official statement about this and I'm truly support this one. 

9 minutes ago, Flansca said:

Also, we need some notification and confirming if you really wanted to withdraw into "this address". I mean, not like the notification that we used in Stake, but we need like Coinswitch. Like this one, 

image.png.ba6c44427d456f2d0d0068ff60191c07.png

That was really important to all users, some notification can help and double-cross-check again, so people wouldn't doing some mistake. 

Another suggestion :  (almost related to this (withdrawal) and about hacked account)

We can add another security like entering a pin number before entering into withdrawals and deposits. the pin number can be saved by writing the number on small paper.Because people also still consider 2FA security are trivial things, but for pin numbers, I think it's very good and the hacker cannot crack the security in a quick minutes. Also, if people forget about their withdrawal/deposit code, you can ask support about that and may support asking you some question that is "really" you. 

I would waiting some official statement about this and I'm truly support this one. 

I suggested this earlier on PD as an alternative to 2fa. But it was decided to install 2fa for all types of translations, including tips :)

That would actually help but since some people do continously withdrawals, I would prefer an email confirmation so you'ill be able to prevent being scammed. Many sites works by that way, stake should do it aswel.

8 minutes ago, FotisNt said:

That would actually help but since some people do continously withdrawals, I would prefer an email confirmation so you'ill be able to prevent being scammed. Many sites works by that way, stake should do it aswel.

I try to come up with something really good and glad if you can offer something else. This is all done for us and our protection. And discussing options is a great way to come to the right choice. As I said above, confirmation by mail is not a good measure. In the case of hacking, mail in 99% of cases hacked the same way.