Stake Forum
wilbur

If you have business, will you accept bitcoin?

Featured Comment

My dream is to have my own business even before i met bitcoin. But right now, i like bitcoin too. If you have a business will you accept bitcoin as a mode of payment to your service or product? Why or why not?

I'm not sure about that, because the bitcoin price always changed every minutes but it depends on which business. If i open a shop, maybe i will accept bitcoin.

Well I do have a netflix account selling shop and well I do accept bitcoin mostly. Paypal is risky and ethereum is hard to convert so I prefer payments in bitcoin.

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Well I do have a netflix account selling shop and well I do accept bitcoin mostly. Paypal is risky and ethereum is hard to convert so I prefer payments in bitcoin.

You sell netflix accounts? Haha wow how do you buy and sell those kinds of products. Surely paypal is risky and has pricey fees.

2 hours ago, jualid said:

I'm not sure about that, because the bitcoin price always changed every minutes but it depends on which business. If i open a shop, maybe i will accept bitcoin.

Yeah, it changes from time to time, far more volatile than fiat. That is the risk of it

I will accept bitcoin but now to its original price! haha

as you know bitcoin's price change quite fast and there are fees concerning the exchange too so you will have losses in profit if you don't charge extra on things like these. And it can become other source of income due to the fees! haha

Bitcoin is too drastic on the market and never settles, It never sleeps so why would | want to wake up to a dead market that could happen over night? Business has it's important part (making a profit) and if a market keeps dying out, how will you turn over a profit? I've made a website once in which I accepted bitcoin, but truthfully, no one really uses it and why open bitcoin transactions to the public when everyone just uses direct debit? I find that transactions are done much quicker that way.

in considering bitcoin t..it would apply to online payment..it would replace cc/debit card ..because the security of bitcoins are more reliable..and transaction are easier... no need of personal info to be input in a database where it can be release without the person knowledge...so the comfort shopping online... is should be as stated...the comfort..no worries...but thats only online...

6 minutes ago, DarkBlood069 said:

Bitcoin is too drastic on the market and never settles, It never sleeps so why would | want to wake up to a dead market that could happen over night? Business has it's important part (making a profit) and if a market keeps dying out, how will you turn over a profit? I've made a website once in which I accepted bitcoin, but truthfully, no one really uses it and why open bitcoin transactions to the public when everyone just uses direct debit? I find that transactions are done much quicker that way.

When it comes to quicker transactions i beg to disagree but i think bitcoin same wallet to wallet transactions are much faster just scan their API. And about the price changes of bitcoin, that is the beauty of it. It may go down overnight but, BUT it can go high overnight to. Thinking you a business and is accepting bitcoin as an alternative payment then it is considered that the bitcoin payments are investments, not until you withdraw it. 

15 minutes ago, wilbur said:

And about the price changes of bitcoin, that is the beauty of it

I strongly disagree, as much as it's nice to actually acquire extra funds over night due to bitcoin increasing in value, there is always that risk that your so to say business may fall in value and that can have detrimental effect. Many very big companies have actually gone bust because they were relying on bitcoin recovering in which sadly, it did not. Why would I want to go down something like that when I could just accept direct debit and not have to worry about fluctuations. It would be nice if Bitcoin was more study, but it's not.

5 hours ago, jualid said:

That's not actually negative in many cases while you can hold or gamlbe those bitcoins, or even invest em.

I would have. But, recently our government announced that, it is illegal to use Bitcoin as a payment option. I had some friends who were accepting BTC and altcoins as a mode of payment for their business. They stopped doing it after the governments ban.

What do the government achieve by banning our rights to buy/sell & exchange coins? Why should they be interfering in the first place. I really wonder how they benefit when they announce to  make it illegal to use coins in many ways or if so may even be completely. Shouldn't we have the rights to make our own choices up for ourselves? It's a good point I'd say.

When you think about it, when they interfere in any way, it tends to ruin the actual market... do you think banning crypto in places affects the day to day market?

i would accept :) 

Firstly, because the amount of sats / BTC i would ask my customers would be based on the price of what i am selling or offering and not by the price of bitcoin.  If i sell a pizza at 10usd, then im getting 10usd worth of sats from my customers, whatever the rate of BTCs at that time. ;)

Second, transactions using BTCs wouldn't give my personal info and the client's personal info when doing a transaction - good for online shops :)

Next thing, i can potentially profit more with BTCs. i can control on when to encash or trade them. Hold them for a while if i feel the prices are going up. or just encash them right away when i receive them just to be safe of the fluctuations.

and soooooo much more. :) ofc there disadvantages too but, you give what the target market wants :)

plus, the question here is if you will accept BTCs as mode of payment.

So in my business, you can either pay thru, Cash, Credit Card or BTCs. ;)

If I have a business, as bitcoin is as volatile as it is still then Imma refuse for now. Maybe I'll go for USDT instead. Although it depends on what kind of business Im building if its like coins.ph Imma try to adjust fees always considering bitcoin's price really change for a day.

1 hour ago, skillex said:

If I have a business, as bitcoin is as volatile as it is still then Imma refuse for now. Maybe I'll go for USDT instead. Although it depends on what kind of business Im building if its like coins.ph Imma try to adjust fees always considering bitcoin's price really change for a day.

are you by chance trying or planning to make a business somethin like coins.ph? if so can you count me in. im no tech wizard but i can help through different things

4 minutes ago, wilbur said:

are you by chance trying or planning to make a business somethin like coins.ph? if so can you count me in. im no tech wizard but i can help through different things

Haha nothing like that yet man, Im still out of funds and besides Im also a noob in web making .Am just siting an example ^_^ 

Edited by skillex

3 hours ago, HumberRolls said:

Of course I would accept bitcoins as part of payment for my business since it is an alternative method of payment

Plus you would have no fees to pay, or maybe less fees which would help you business grow up and be more profitable. You could also open an anonymous online business and be profitable as hell.

On 21/2/2019 at 07:56, wilbur said:

Ước mơ của tôi là có doanh nghiệp của riêng mình ngay cả trước khi tôi gặp bitcoin. Nhưng ngay bây giờ, tôi cũng thích bitcoin. Nếu bạn có một doanh nghiệp, bạn sẽ chấp nhận bitcoin như một phương thức thanh toán cho dịch vụ hoặc sản phẩm của bạn chứ? Tại sao hay tại sao không?

If I invest economically, I think the use of electronic money for payment purposes is most convenient. The cheap and fast speed makes me feel love Bitcoin

Definitely I will use it as it will make my business run smoothly and fast. It will also make the people aware of btc it will help to the crypto community 

Bitcoin is like getting a salary, what to pay according to the salary bitcoin or get out, let's say we've gotten income here again we gamble :)

I`m not sure. Maybe i will try and see how btc affect on my payments. Bitcoin is good curency with big price and easy way to buy and sell it, but there was many problems with BTC payments. First when it comes to fraud, it is difficult to find out who exactly did it and so the business suffers great losses.