Stake Forum
wry

IBM Executive Forecasts BTC at $1 Million USD "Someday"

Featured Comment

With the long running crypto winter that's been going on since December of 2017 it's nice to see some wild unbridled enthusiasm for Bitcoin over the long term.  Bitcoin Magazine is reporting that IBM executive Jesse Lund forecasts $5000 Bitcoin in 2019 (pretty safe estimate I guess) and $1,000,000 Bitcoin "someday".  He notes at that level one satoshi will equal one cent, so while I'm not sure how bright he is regarding forecasts, he can at least do decimal math.

Frankly, I have doubts about Bitcoin at $1 million.  By the time it became that valuable I would expect the encryption algorithm to have been cracked, besides, seeing this long decline from 19,000 USD has curbed my enthusiasm for huge Bitcoin price forecasts.

For you alt coin fans, he also talked about Stellar and its work with IBM, which is a coin I've always liked based on it's founder Jeb McCaleb who was a co-founder of Ripple but got sick of them being so corporate so he told them to bugger off and founded Stellar which is basically the same thing but a lot more idealistic.

Anyone else seen any really big credible Bitcoin price predictions recently?

Link to full story if interested:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ibm-exec-forecasts-a-million-dollar-bitcoin-when-a-sat-will-equal-a-cent/

30 minutes ago, wry said:

With the long running crypto winter that's been going on since December of 2017 it's nice to see some wild unbridled enthusiasm for Bitcoin over the long term.  Bitcoin Magazine is reporting that IBM executive Jesse Lund forecasts $5000 Bitcoin in 2019 (pretty safe estimate I guess) and $1,000,000 Bitcoin "someday".  He notes at that level one satoshi will equal one cent, so while I'm not sure how bright he is regarding forecasts, he can at least do decimal math.

Frankly, I have doubts about Bitcoin at $1 million.  By the time it became that valuable I would expect the encryption algorithm to have been cracked, besides, seeing this long decline from 19,000 USD has curbed my enthusiasm for huge Bitcoin price forecasts.

For you alt coin fans, he also talked about Stellar and its work with IBM, which is a coin I've always liked based on it's founder Jeb McCaleb who was a co-founder of Ripple but got sick of them being so corporate so he told them to bugger off and founded Stellar which is basically the same thing but a lot more idealistic.

Anyone else seen any really big credible Bitcoin price predictions recently?

Link to full story if interested:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ibm-exec-forecasts-a-million-dollar-bitcoin-when-a-sat-will-equal-a-cent/

I also believe in future that BTC will reach such heights since the world is ever changing and our civilization never tends to be stagnant always.We always change and prone to development.And so is our payment system, I know it will really change someday. And if this happens where will it start developing but on using blockchain. Time will come where people tend to realize the real essence of blockchain technology maybe not now but on coming years of development. I know that factors like global crisis hinders the crypto usage somehow for now and insecure banks also.Lucky are those who can survived and a real patient holding their crypto assets. :)

Edited by skillex