Stake Forum
carbesti

Losing bets no longer in red colour

Featured Comment

Did anyone noticed that now in Stake 2.0 in your bet history or High Rollers losing amounts are no longer in red colour? Now they are shown as grey bets.

That is obviously a psychological strategy to make you think your are not losing and keep you rolling bets.

I'm not criticizing it, just pointing it out.

What do you think about it?

Well i guess that they did a mistake because red helps us to catch out the winning bets from the loosing ones and helps us to do the challenges much much quicker. Hope they don't change it to grey. 

lol it so thats its easier on the eyes for when you see or looking at your bet history!.. also the mental, psychological attachment thats been created in association in seeing red bets is too much!., by changing the color, that leviates that mental burden on players!... lol i dont know, just talkin out ma a$$.. but i think that would be part of it?.. just seeing reds automatically brings on sadness, rage or dissapointment most of the times!.. now we get the placebo effect with grey colored bets!.. doest change the losing bet.. but less in your face! hahaha xD

Maybe stake wants to ease our pain and suffering from such losses somehow so for me I think its just okay no matter what's the color as long as its not the same with the winning ones. :)

4 hours ago, skillex said:

Maybe stake wants to ease our pain and suffering from such losses somehow so for me I think its just okay no matter what's the color as long as its not the same with the winning ones. :)

Yeah, that might be a good way to get over old busts.xD

6 hours ago, FotisNt said:

Well, that actually makes me confused while I think those bets are just x1 or ties. However, I guess we just gotta get used to it.

Yeah, the bet colour is different on stake v2. Lose bets colour become gray and draw bets is become green.

6 hours ago, skillex said:

lol exactly! visually easing the sore eyes we hget from seeing constant reds everyday!

I've also noticed that - perhaps it is a physiological thing to make you forget how many losses you've actually had. As for greens when we win, we feel good about seeing greens and want to play more. So I fully agree with you it must be a psychological thing.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, carbesti said:

Did anyone noticed that now in Stake 2.0 in your bet history or High Rollers losing amounts are no longer in red colour? Now they are shown as grey bets.

That is obviously a psychological strategy to make you think your are not losing and keep you rolling bets.

I'm not criticizing it, just pointing it out.

What do you think about it?

Ahh there is no laughing simpler to think ... it's true that sometimes you wonder even if you're losing quad you play and you lose lollll but all in all it's loss !! and loss is deducted in your main account !!

this strategy is good for non attentif guys

Cheers...!

This is as it was intended to be, the new color pattern of beta doesn't 'like' the red too much, nor does it match the design overly. Also, gray might be less stressful for the player itself? 😁

If you all don't like it that much, feel free to leave more feedback (hint: as a last challenge on the Seasonal board we will have a full feedback thread too!) and we will forward this further to the admins and devs to figure out if they want to change it back as it used to be, ofc all before the final release :)

psychologically speaking, it's certainly a smart move! Finally, however, I do not believe that this leads to massive more loss hehe