Stake Forum
Katarina

General Trivia Rules

Featured Comment

Hey folks! 👋

So, we've been asked to make some general trivia rules so as to avoid misunderstandings and confusions that may arise.👩‍⚖️ All you should do is stick to the main chat rules and you should be fine. Still, here are the General Trivia Rules, so that you cannot say that they don't exist. :P;) I honestly hope you will find this helpful. 🤞

• No spammy and/or offensive trivia - this would break General Chat Rules either way, so the mute is guaranteed. :P Let's be ladies and gentlemen with bon ton and behave properly.  🤵💃

• No asking-for-funds trivia - be it you asking for funds or tricking others into doing it, it's an absolute no! (Mute incoming! :P)

• No scam trivia - if you decided to do a trivia, make sure that you have the balance that will support it. 💰Breaking this rule will result in...you guessed it right, in an instant mute! 😈 Let's try and stay out of it.

• Correct answer given => tip prize sent - not allowed to send prizes after the whole trivia event ends, could be seen as a scam trivia. As soon as you get the winner, send the tip prize. 💸

• Trivia questions should be meaningful - stray away from 1 + 1 = 11 and such...please! It's not fun and yes, you will most probably be warned. Bear in mind that there are many new users joining the chat everyday and who would perhaps like to join your trivia as well, but after seeing such a "question", they will probably change their mind. It doesn't look inviting. :/ 

• Use designated language - I guess this one needs no further comment 🤓

I appreciate you reading the whole post! 🙏 

I guess I did miss to mention something, so please correct me or suggest adding or even removing some of the rules with a detailed explanation of what benefit that will bring. :) Looking forward to hearing your feedbacks! ^_^ 

This is SO LONG overdue!!!  Thank you so much @Katarina!!!

This one:

7 hours ago, Katarina said:

Trivia questions should be meaningful

Is especially needed as the number of "troll" trivia questions, e.g. 1 + 1 =69 seems to be on the upswing and is not only upsetting but results in endless spam as a few users try to guess the absurd answer.

Now is there is !xxx command that will call this? :D

8 hours ago, Katarina said:

• Trivia questions should be meaningful - stray away from 1 + 1 = 11 and such...please! It's not fun and yes, you will most probably be warned. Bear in mind that there are many new users joining the chat everyday and who would perhaps like to join your trivia as well, but after seeing such a "question", they will probably change their mind. It doesn't look inviting. :/ 

Thank you for the info but why no question like 1+1 ? Eventually there will be one guy who answer in a meme type way that's why. Please refrain this if possible xD. Thanks. 

Thank you for posting this.  Its so frustrating when players don't get that spamming the chat with trivia that is either fake or just nonsense  is annoying and can get them muted.  😘

9 hours ago, Kate said:

Thank you for the info but why no question like 1+1 ? Eventually there will be one guy who answer in a meme type way that's why. Please refrain this if possible xD. Thanks. 

Thank you guys for your feedback! ^_^ 

Such trivia questions are extremely spammy and non-sensical. :/ If someone came to the chat at that time and saw such a question and the spam following it, the chat wouldn't look good to them. We are trying to have an as clean, friendly, and constructive chat as possible. :) You can have fun with trivia even without such questions. ;) 

Great to finally have some rules "set in stone" for Trivias. However, there are a few points of issue with the whole idea of trivia:

1. What if someone "stumbles" across the answer with spam? (See user: super4's chat log, when he does the 51646846165497897897894321 spam it means he's trying to land on one of the answers in his spam). I can say for the majority of people hosting trivia they do NOT want someone who had to resort to being pathetic winning the trivia.

2. Like someone above mentioned, sometimes trivia is spammy. In fact they become spammy regardless of how meaningful we make them, thanks to the "eagerness" of the community (insert seagull meme from Finding Nemo). I've tried to get people to browse through forums to find the answers to trivias sometimes, and gave up after it became apparent 99.9% of those who answer are just spamming. 

3. I believe the current Trivia system is broken. I've seen a couple instances where the second/third winner "won" according to the bot.

I think the best solution is to make a pop-up interface where you enter your answers so it doesn't clutter the chat. Maybe make it a notification, and only those who click on the notification can get the pop-up.

There is spam since many users are participating and because of, as you called it, ' "eagerness" of the community' to play. We are happy to see many users involved in trivia, but seeing chat spammed with random numbers or swear words or similar...it's just yikes, very repulsive. It can keep players away from joining!

"Constructive spam" is easy to tolerate, users are trying to get the right answers by posting multiple meaningful guesses. It may be hard to notice the difference, but you'll learn, one way or the other. :P 

We are honestly trying to keep the chats as clean and constructive as possible, so help us and the diligent mods in this task! :P Help is always welcome. :) 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, Katarina said:

No spammy and/or offensive trivia - this would break General Chat Rules either way, so the mute is guaranteed. :P Let's be ladies and gentlemen with bon ton and behave properly.  🤵💃

Does this include trivia questions that are an insult to another user?  e.g.  Trivia:  The biggest beggar on Stake?  Answer: wryy

Asking for a friend!  :D

Some feedback here, as a person who uses trivia sometimes, because I prefer it to rain (trivia won't hit afk lurkers, bigger amount given)

I agree that spam trivia can be a problem.

However don't forget that most 'meaningful' trivia just boils down to who can google fastest. 

If I ask "Who won the olympics gold medal for fencing in 2012?" do you really think the first person to answer really knows that? I am paying somebody to google. How is that a meaningful game in any way?

The best solution is to raise the minimum tip required for trivia so people can't make too many frivolous spammy trivias, and if they are rich and want to continue then let them do it. Just keep raising it until it no longer becomes a thing. 

I suggest a minimum of 0.0001 btc or more. If someone want to pay to spam the chat at least make it worth while for us plebs.

In most cases, "not spam" trivia = not meaningful trivia (because it's too easy to answer or google fast). Meaningful trivia becomes spam trivia without bad intentions then... Like, I asked some time ago "One of Stake moderators?". Result? Dozens of alts was spamming few same most often moderators names again and again, without even checking that there were same answers already, and only one person simply opened forum, and checked list :D I was forced to repeat question few times, because it was gone from chat already... 

Lel, we mostly only get the spammy open ended questions most of the time., even with troll answers that you would need to completely guess... people even goes spammy for 1000 sats 10k gweis, all min price.. hhahaaha.. I get it when the price is like 100k+ sats etc, but a spammy trivia for minimum reward is just trolling and creating spam... xD