Jump to content
Stake Forum
chipito

Backdoor miner in V2

Featured Comment

Hi Stakers....

Maybe you think Chipito is going crazy..

But i have the feeling that stake V2 have a backdoor miner in the site.

Because always when i play in stakeV2 my pc is going crazy with the cooler and fckng slow, like he is mine coins and use my hashpower in a secret way!

When i close V2 and go back to stake 1  my pc is back to normal...

 

I know you can put some secret monero miners in every website, so every visiter will mine some little stuff! in the time that the visiter is on the site.

 

Can some1 explain this to me?

 

greetz chipito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually have the outcome during the beta testing.. a lot of players that use pc i seen in chat complain the same.. now v2 is live.. we'll find out if it still does..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you are saying that they are mining from us , for me nope i don't believe so that an organisation like Stake would ever try to destroy their reputation by putting a miner script in their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want you can try formatting your pc. It might be because one of the apps is being run in the background but won't show up the real ram or memory it is using. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You aren't crazy. But it's hard to put into practice because of any people have different PC capacity. And Stake's owners should be create a pool separately and many problems which associated with it needed to be solving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think they would not do this. Imagine that 25000btc was wagered during the beta phase of stake, i can't even imagine how much btc they obtain through daily basis.

Mining offers like i don't know, 1k sats per day per user assuming the user is online? this is shitty compared to what they earn and what they will lose if they get exposed. I believe there was a topic just like this one before, i just can't recall where i have seen it. it involves someone making percentages of what he thinks is slowing down his betting (which includes background mining).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the funniest idea i've ever heard... don't you know how much stake makes?.... they would have zero interest in doing this... they would at best earn maybe 1 / 100,000th the amount they generate from earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been noticing sudden increase in lag.. like literally watching what i type lag behind.. game also slows down.. like plinko autoplay would stop dropping balls/pucks then resumes like normal.. but ive experienced thisalso in v1.. so *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt this is true at all as this is something illegal to be done to customers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, stake is not mining anything in the background. Yes, some people are encountering performance issues, it has been reported and stake knows about it. It has nothing to do with a miner, only with some optimisations that developers should make in order to be better for everyone.

IF you think that stake is mining, then you should really check the followings:

The change in CPU/GPU usage with stake closed/opened.

image.thumb.png.7793435f1024c2ac93cee8fc7cdd108a.png

image.thumb.png.725db4d9ea38ba5d4e882f2bcd5e06a7.png

As you can see, the change is not remarkable, it's actually pretty normal and nothing happens, if there would be a miner inside, my CPU or GPU should go at least over 50%, which didn't happen. If stake let's say made a setting for it not to influence that much the hardware, then surely they wouldn't get not even 1 BTC in 10 years.

Okay, here is one way to check it, but let's say that maaaybe, we still don't know. Then try out this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/minerblock-origin/ (for FireFox) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/minerblock/emikbbbebcdfohonlaifafnoanocnebl?hl=en (for Chrome). After you've installed this, the app will block any website that is mining in the background using your PC.  Want to check how a website looks when it is mining and when it is not? Sure:

image.thumb.png.e6bebeea296776c937653a822251c508.png

image.thumb.png.f50baf0f0bf99d8ce7a397b3fd814b55.png

As you can see in the first screenshot, that website mines in the background and it also displays the pool, but stake has no records in mining.

Still not convinced?... Okay, one more thing that might help you find out whether a website is or not mining. Checking the source code. If you find a mining pool in the source code then that website might be mining, if not, then it definitely isn't mining anything. Here's an example of a mining script:

image.thumb.png.6b6696e65832ffcbcdf2144249494a64.png

Even if they'd try hiding it in other files or with other names, somewhere still has to be the address of the pool you're mining from and I ensure you that stake has none, look for it as much as you want.

I don't know if I was a little too harsh in this post, but I really got triggered when I saw an affirmation like this one, even if it was only a question with no intention to harm. You made some people think that stake is actually mining and that's not right at all, I hope that people will scroll to my post and see that they're safe. These accusations aren't okay at all and should be researched first before making them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is bullshit. As if stake will do such thing, put a mining script in the site for what? For a couple of cryptos? Really? Stake will destroy it's reputation for a couple of crypto? And if Stake is doing such thing, why do a lot of giveaway if the small cryptos counts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think Stake would do anything like that without letting us know about it. What do you take a huge gambling site for? It's not going to want to mine for pennies, Stake has enough money as it is. Let's put this to rest shall we? Unless it's true, the staff should place a comment here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, chipito said:

Hi Stakers....

Maybe you think Chipito is going crazy..

But i have the feeling that stake V2 have a backdoor miner in the site.

Because always when i play in stakeV2 my pc is going crazy with the cooler and fckng slow, like he is mine coins and use my hashpower in a secret way!

When i close V2 and go back to stake 1  my pc is back to normal...

 

I know you can put some secret monero miners in every website, so every visiter will mine some little stuff! in the time that the visiter is on the site.

 

Can some1 explain this to me?

 

greetz chipito

All the conspiracy theories kinda make sense in a strange way but logically, it doesn’t make sense so I choose to believe in logic rather than emotions or beliefs (which don’t have any substantial proof). 

Hahaha still interesting to read about it though, makes me not feel like the only one at times with some theory that assumes casino is ‘rigging’! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, skywallkee said:

 

image.thumb.png.7793435f1024c2ac93cee8fc7cdd108a.png

 

Lol what do you run in your Firefox ? Are you mining from that ? 2GB usage goes towards firefox ? that ain't normal my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kate said:

Lol what do you run in your Firefox ? Are you mining from that ? 2GB usage goes towards firefox ? that ain't normal my friend. 

seriously that isnt normal dude, i suggest using a antivirus total deep cleaning  inspection sweep, but then again maybe your AV is compromised too and your in deep man way too deep o_o 

good luck on freeing up that memmorry  ugghhjh,  i know how slow speeds can feel man... i try playing on yr phone if it still isnt fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 11:50 PM, skywallkee said:

No, stake is not mining anything in the background. Yes, some people are encountering performance issues, it has been reported and stake knows about it. It has nothing to do with a miner, only with some optimisations that developers should make in order to be better for everyone.

IF you think that stake is mining, then you should really check the followings:

The change in CPU/GPU usage with stake closed/opened.

image.thumb.png.7793435f1024c2ac93cee8fc7cdd108a.png

image.thumb.png.725db4d9ea38ba5d4e882f2bcd5e06a7.png

As you can see, the change is not remarkable, it's actually pretty normal and nothing happens, if there would be a miner inside, my CPU or GPU should go at least over 50%, which didn't happen. If stake let's say made a setting for it not to influence that much the hardware, then surely they wouldn't get not even 1 BTC in 10 years.

Okay, here is one way to check it, but let's say that maaaybe, we still don't know. Then try out this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/minerblock-origin/ (for FireFox) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/minerblock/emikbbbebcdfohonlaifafnoanocnebl?hl=en (for Chrome). After you've installed this, the app will block any website that is mining in the background using your PC.  Want to check how a website looks when it is mining and when it is not? Sure:

image.thumb.png.e6bebeea296776c937653a822251c508.png

image.thumb.png.f50baf0f0bf99d8ce7a397b3fd814b55.png

As you can see in the first screenshot, that website mines in the background and it also displays the pool, but stake has no records in mining.

Still not convinced?... Okay, one more thing that might help you find out whether a website is or not mining. Checking the source code. If you find a mining pool in the source code then that website might be mining, if not, then it definitely isn't mining anything. Here's an example of a mining script:

image.thumb.png.6b6696e65832ffcbcdf2144249494a64.png

Even if they'd try hiding it in other files or with other names, somewhere still has to be the address of the pool you're mining from and I ensure you that stake has none, look for it as much as you want.

I don't know if I was a little too harsh in this post, but I really got triggered when I saw an affirmation like this one, even if it was only a question with no intention to harm. You made some people think that stake is actually mining and that's not right at all, I hope that people will scroll to my post and see that they're safe. These accusations aren't okay at all and should be researched first before making them.

That is a pretty in depth explaination right there, nice. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is probably correct different pc and mobile will experience different issues.. all players are responding to this topic but would like to hear from the higher ups if this topic worth responding to..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×