Stake Forum
Dan

ūüďĘ UPDATED: Privacy update & rainbot changes

Featured Comment

This week we have launched some huge improvements to player privacy and changes to rainbot in order to address concerns that have been raised over the past few months relating to chat degradation. We are dedicated to supporting the positive growth of this wonderful community and constantly ensure we take all feedback into consideration when making such changes.

Privacy Changes

We have done some tweaks to how the privacy settings work for all players. The privacy settings are found via settings > preferences when clicking on your username on the primary navigation at the top of the page. Here are the new revised conditions that are applied to each settings:

Hide bets (Ghost Mode)

• Your bets in high roller, all bets appear as user:hidden
  • Other users can't see your recent bets
  • You can't get a high roller flame in the chat
  • You will not receive rain with this setting enabled

Hide total wagered

• Your wagered in your stats is hidden to other users
  • No longer does this setting blacklist you from rain

Hide total profit

• Your profit in your stats is hidden to other users
  • No longer does this setting blacklist you from rain

Rainbot Changes

Rainbot now focuses far more heavily on wager amount. This decision was made to help promote rainbot as more of a rake back style tool, rather than a community engagement feature. Coupled with the changes to privacy, the rainbot will credit players who are public with their gambling. This is imperative for handling the various privacy concerns that have been raised over the past few weeks.

Spam Rating

In efforts to combat the spam that has been plaguing the Stake chat over recent months, we have been working behind the scenes to look at ways of improving the quality of life for our players. We are aware of the problem regarding to the increase of spam bot's and have started implementing strategies to discourage such behaviour. Going forward,  all players will have a configurable spam rating that is determined by staff and an algorithm. This rating if rises too high will result in the player being excluded from rainbot until their attitude/content is changed. We do not publicise your spam rating.

well it is a good decision and, honestly I hate someone who always say goodluck every minute :) Thankyou

well in my opinion there are still some users spamming chat with goodluck, will they be dealt with like getting muted for a few hours? I always monitor the chat and see many who say busted deposit or busted all, while what they get is from Rainbot and the user who always says busted deposit in chat is Wizkhalifa, I realize I sometimes spam with song lyrics and I won't repeat the mistake back

1 hour ago, Dan said:

This week we have launched some huge improvements to player privacy and changes to rainbot in order to address concerns that have been raised over the past few months relating to chat degradation. We are dedicated to supporting the positive growth of this wonderful community and constantly ensure we take all feedback into consideration when making such changes.

Privacy Changes

We have done some tweaks to how the privacy settings work for all players. The privacy settings are found via settings > preferences when clicking on your username on the primary navigation at the top of the page. Here are the new revised conditions that are applied to each settings:

Hide bets

• You can't be rained on

Hide total wagered

• You can't be rained on

Hide total profit

• You can't be rained on

Rainbot Changes

Rainbot now focuses far more heavily on wager amount. This decision was made to help promote rainbot as more of a rake back style tool, rather than a community engagement feature. Coupled with the changes to privacy, the rainbot will credit players who are public with their gambling. This is imperative for handling the various privacy concerns that have been raised over the past few weeks.

Spam Rating

In efforts to combat the spam that has been plaguing the Stake chat over recent months, we have been working behind the scenes to look at ways of improving the quality of life for our players. We are aware of the problem regarding to the increase of spam bot's and have started implementing strategies to discourage such behaviour. Going forward,  all players will have a configurable spam rating that is determined by staff and an algorithm. This rating if rises too high will result in the player being excluded from rainbot until their attitude/content is changed. We do not publicise your spam rating.

Yes! Thank you, this would definitely bring the chat to a less spammy setting compared to what is currectly.. Its great to know that we have been heard and changes has been implemented.. and that pur voice and opinion does matter.. as a player, i personally find that very conforting knowing we not just being ignored! awesome, thanks Dan and Stake!

About time! this will finally end the multiple altism spamming chat for rain.. scripted chatters not even around spouting random non sense.. spam tipping themselves for rain.. copy pasting wiki just in order to spam chat.. that was so much BS.. this will definitely end that bs.. if the want rain.. they will need to wager with their tiny faucets... lel xD

1 minute ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

About time! this will finally end the multiple altism spamming chat for rain.. scripted chatters not even around spouting random non sense.. spam tipping themselves for rain.. copy pasting wiki just in order to spam chat.. that was so much BS.. this will definitely end that bs.. if the want rain.. they will need to wager with their tiny faucets... lel¬†xDÔĽŅ

They only have 2 choices to take the faucet or deposit under $ 1 and waggered: D

I prefer the new rainbot update while the amount of spammers and annoying ''thanks rainbot'' messages will be reduced. Also it's actually much more fair rains based on wagering amounts for people who wager and rechieve nothing.

1 minute ago, FotisNt said:

I prefer the new rainbot update while the amount of spammers and annoying ''thanks rainbot'' messages will be reduced. Also it's actually much more fair rains based on wagering amounts for people who wager and rechieve nothing.

Yes, I agree with you, I don't know why they always expect from rainbots

wats diff with new rainbot and old... still people will be thankful without being rained on.. will occasionally get rained a good amount at times...really i wonder how many would still play without rainbot..

and that's good, because, indeed, with the introduction of the latest rainbow chat has become degraded and has become similar to a chat room for greetings and wishes.

1 minute ago, InGodweTrust said:

i dont like it changes, but my total profit so high -.

thast will reduced alts :) thats good things ingodwetrust well for us anonnying person is people who always say gl or grats everytime in chat english

so basically cannot be hidden at all..for rained on.. can that be really fair..i like the spamming part..but seeing my bets and wagering is kinda invasion of privacy...if i can suggest if you guys put that has been depositing on that day...should be getting rained..that would show show real dedicated players or am i wrong?

Good day, I would like to know the greeting words will also fall under spam? Do you have lots of friends in the chat and say hello to everyone?

39 minutes ago, polor12 said:

wats diff with new rainbot and old... still people will be thankful without being rained on.. will occasionally get rained a good amount at times...really i wonder how many would still play without rainbot..

thats not about howmuch rained, but the alt will reduced

I sometimes have not even chatted and still get rain. It is kind of annoying tho to see that notification drop down while im betting. Same as with any other notification. I hope they make the chat closable in the beta stake. 

2 minutes ago, blueprints said:

I sometimes have not even chatted and still get rain. It is kind of annoying tho to see that notification drop down while im betting. Same as with any other notification. I hope they make the chat closable in the beta stake. 

Thats mean you waggered balance :), rain-bot have 2 things for waggered chat and waggered balance :)

I loved everything, specially the "no rains to spammers and beggars" part.. that might help our community to back to what it used to be.. at least I hope it will :D 

Awesome updates! Finally! No offence but those spammers / passive beggars are getting on my nerves day by day. Have been trying to avoid chatting in there to prolong my lifespan and prevent any unnecessary bitch mode switching on. Lmao. Anyway Thank you so much for addressing this issue. Its never easy we know that. Thumbs up!

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Privacy Changes

Hide bets

• You can't be rained on

Hide total wagered

• You can't be rained on

Hide total profit

• You can't be rained on

Rainbot Changes

Spam Rating

Thought I missed out on this all-important post for some time and the everyone knew but me lol... only to do a double-take and realise - Phew, it’s only been 3 hours? Hopefully?

3 hours ago, Mistake said:

thast will reduced alts :) thats good things ingodwetrust wellÔĽŅ for us anonnying person is people who always say gl or grats everytime in chat englishÔĽŅ

I am against bots too, but doesn’t it mean that people who just write in the chat will not receive rain? And also I would not want to disclose wager and statistics, but this also means that I will not see the rainbot

13 hours ago, Furlicious said:

Awesome updates! Finally! No offence but those spammers / passive beggars are getting on my nerves day by day. Have been trying to avoid chatting in there to prolong my lifespan and prevent any unnecessary bitch mode switching on. Lmao. Anyway Thank you so much for addressing this issue. Its never easy we know that. Thumbs up!

Halp furl !!! lol jk hmm I have not seen you in bitch mode yet