Stake Forum
Paigeturner

Modbot mute authority flawed

Featured Comment

Posted (edited)

I recently received my first mute ever from the modbot. (Actually i was muted once before as part of a game from xtine called russion roulette hilo) anyway,  As i was going back and forth between chat and pms i accidentally clicked the x button for chat causing this screen to pop up

instead of going into English chat room i clicked on another and typed something before realizing i was in the wrong chat room.  I immediately got out and returned the English channel.  I even mentioned in chat that i accidentally entered the wrong room.  

I did not receive any rain from either chatroom and wasn't even eligible to receive rain due to my privacy settings.  Yet i get muted 6 hrs for rain abuse . 

To make things worse,  .this mute was in effect the night Eddie was giving away 2 eth! So i was unable to compete in that challenge.  

Screenshot_20190325-175359_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-161214_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Paigeturner

I was muted for 6 hrs the other day for accidentally chatting in wrong channel. I only said one thing and realized i was in wrong chat room so i immediately got out and went into English room. 

Directly after that i had a message in my inbox from the modbot informing me that I'd been muted 6 hours for rain abuse.

This is ridiculous for more then one reason,  first, i had not received rain from either channel in over a week at least, even after making multiple deposits....Next, (as i was only made aware today) i wasn't even eligible to receive rain due to my privacy settings. 

So why can't the modbot accurately assess each players privacy settings before giving 6 hr mutes to players who accidentally walked into the wrong chatroom.  Can't it determine if i was abusing rain privileges by the rain i have received or my case the rain i have not received?

To add insult to injury,  my 6hr mute was in effect during Eddie's big Eth giveaway,  therefore i was not eligible to compete in that challenge. 

6 minutes ago, Paigeturner said:

I was muted for 6 hrs the other day for accidentally chatting in wrong channel. I only said one thing and realized i was in wrong chat room so i immediately got out and went into English room. 

Directly after that i had a message in my inbox from the modbot informing me that I'd been muted 6 hours for rain abuse.

This is ridiculous for more then one reason,  first, i had not received rain from either channel in over a week at least, even after making multiple deposits....Next, (as i was only made aware today) i wasn't even eligible to receive rain due to my privacy settings. 

So why can't the modbot accurately assess each players privacy settings before giving 6 hr mutes to players who accidentally walked into the wrong chatroom.  Can't it determine if i was abusing rain privileges by the rain i have received or my case the rain i have not received?

To add insult to injury,  my 6hr mute was in effect during Eddie's big Eth giveaway,  therefore i was not eligible to compete in that challenge. 

Hmm. 🤔 Maybe the feature really intends to sort players out. Aside from preventing such violations, I think its working as designed. 💯

Let's just make sure that we are on the right channels, and following rules to avoid this from happening in the future. ✌🏽

Lol, i need to be careful, ive done that accidebtakly myself before modbot.. i thought i had opened the english channel, but ended up being the Indonesian chatroom.. i posted bet IDs not knowing that fact, until i started reading and could not understand what the players were saying, thats when i finally clued in and realized i opened the wrong one.. lol..

But ya, we saw you, taytots get muted.. we were like wtf?.. now we know xD .. i didnt even know that there are new chatrooms created aswell till earlier today xD.. 

whoa what... wait thats not right...rain abuse seriously.. in the filipino chat room english words at times cannot be translated to tagalog.. that has to be changed..in fact rainbot should be fixed where it should be based on wagers..

Actually I think the modbot is just a notification announcement while the mutes are applied manually by the respective chat moderators or support.

7 hours ago, Etude said:

Actually I think the modbot is just a notification announcement while the mutes are applied manually by the respective chat moderators or support.

Really? So it wasn't just some automated action?  If that is the case then why not just get an automated message with respected mods name and reason in case we would like dispute or appeal thier decision.  Something like this could have easily been explained if i had known exactly who it was that muted me

10 hours ago, Paigeturner said:

I recently received my first mute ever from the modbot. (Actually i was muted once before as part of a game from xtine called russion roulette hilo) anyway,  As i was going back and forth between chat and pms i accidentally clicked the x button for chat causing this screen to pop up

instead of going into English chat room i clicked on another and typed something before realizing i was in the wrong chat room.  I immediately got out and returned the English channel.  I even mentioned in chat that i accidentally entered the wrong room.  

I did not receive any rain from either chatroom and wasn't even eligible to receive rain due to my privacy settings.  Yet i get muted 6 hrs for rain abuse . 

To make things worse,  .this mute was in effect the night Eddie was giving away 2 eth! So i was unable to compete in that challenge.  

Oh god... talk about being unlucky! I feel your pain @Paigeturner as I have had similar experiences but nothing ever like yours which was so devastating as there was no way you could solve it in due time to still be present for the ETH games. 

However, I do see the rationale behind the bot's decision as there were many players that are abusing the rain in different language rooms... proves a point that we can never get good things. There will always be people abusing features which were meant for the community as a whole, then making it difficult for everyone as rules will be put in place to prevent these people from abusing as they wish. 

Be very careful next time as you definitely do not want to be missing out on such an event. Hopefully you will be one of the winners when the ETH games rolls around, that should at least make up for your losses that day! 😊

ye it does some times, but yesterday it was broken so it didnt say in chat when it muted somone xD, but ye alot of words and word combinations will get a player auto muted in the chat some even perm mute, like if you say t.me its a perm mute

18 hours ago, Paigeturner said:

lol wtf, how does it even know what your designated channel is? what if someone speaks multiple languages? how would modbot even know that?.. ya i agree, that needs to be tweaked and fix.. sometimes i like to chat in the Filipino chatroom when english chatroom is dead or boring.. so would i get muted then even though i speak both languages?.. o.O hmmm 

The bot isn't the one that's muting, it is being operated by the moderator in charge on that channel. And for me, the moderator only did his job right. You chat on the wrong channel, that's your fault and you get the punishment. Even if you say that you just mis-clicked it, they can't let you get away with that. Because if they do, then what is the purpose of muting other players for chatting on the channels where they aren't allowed? 

20 hours ago, Paigeturner said:

oh wow you got dinged twice!! that sucks

one was for the first msg lol and the second 6 hour mute was probably for the the one saying it was a mistake 0_o sorri to hear that happened paigey

On 3/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, Paigeturner said:

Well... thats the thing with an automated bot. It doesnt notice if something was done by accident or on purpose 😛

Pay more attention next time

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, ekzxc said:

The bot isn't the one that's muting, it is being operated by the moderator in charge on that channel. And for me, the moderator only did his job right. You chat on the wrong channel, that's your fault and you get the punishment. Even if you say that you just mis-clicked it, they can't let you get away with that. Because if they do, then what is the purpose of muting other players for chatting on the channels where they aren't allowed? 

lol, warning needs to be given than straight out muting players.. accidentally clicking on the wrong channel does happen and is not warranted to be muted for 6 hours on a single offense.. and players are allowed to be in chats aslong as they speak and chat in the language used in that room.. thats way too much assumtions youre putting out there and promoting such bad way of dealing with these types of situations, accident or not.. muting without warning, or giving the player benifit of doubt is just abuse of power plain and simple no matter how you twist it.. its not like they killed a person or something.. lol.. and two, as she said.. she got out quick and was also on hidden mode which gets you no rain.. those facts alone proves it wasnt for rain abuse.. if the mod (if that is the case) bothers messaging or warning the player and probe more to find out why theyre in that chatroom, these could all have been avoided and the player would now have proper knowledge of this.. rather than flat out muting... theres no place for that kind of intollerance here or in the real world.. 

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx