Stake Forum
Paigeturner

Modbot mute authority flawed

Featured Comment

15 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

lol, warning needs to be given than straight out muting players.. accidentally clicking on the wrong channel does happen and is not warranted to be muted for 6 hours on a single offense.. and players are allowed to be in chats aslong as they speak and chat in the language used in that room.. thats way too much assumtions youre putting out there and promoting such bad way of dealing with these types of situations, accident or not.. muting without warning, or giving the player benifit of doubt is just abuse of power plain and simple no matter how you twist it.. its not like they killed a person or something.. lol.. and two, as she said.. she got out quick and was also on hidden mode which gets you no rain.. those facts alone proves it wasnt for rain abuse.. if the mod (if that is the case) bothers messaging or warning the player and probe more to find out why theyre in that chatroom, these could all have been avoided and the player would now have proper knowledge of this.. rather than flat out muting... theres no place for that kind of intollerance here or in the real world.. 

You're missing the point here. Intentional or not, you will receive a rain on that channel. Plus that is the reason why they create the modbot. So it will look like automated mute and will not put the blame on the moderator. And you're overreacting to things, killing? Really? Stop using the "warning" thingy as an escape goat. She's wrong, she knows she's wrong, getting the right punishment isn't a thing that should be argued.

ModBot is not muting 'on its own', it just provides notification to a player when he/she is muted, for how long and the reason for it 😉

It is operated by mods and support, and I will tag @hui here to explain this in more detail if needed.

Either way, I do think your mute at that point was too harsh, especially if this happened accidentally. Just be careful when you pick language rooms, I know this can happen from time to time, but yeah, since we are facing a lot of rain-abusers lately, guess someone misinterpreted your action as such too, that would be mu guess. :)

hmmmm i knew it!  the thing doesnt mute on its own... yet mods hide behind the muting...

i got muted for accidnetally asking for help when it was a bug.... i wasnt in english channel and pm was open.. when i realized it posted in maion chat.. i qquicly explained it was an accident... yet muted a few seconds later....

i know the mod it was just cause that specicif one has a issue with me and always out to talk down on me... always has a answer back to one up me and etc...

it was obvi a  mistake, i appologied and awknoleged it wasnt meant for main chat and was sorry... yet i got pooped on.. ugh....

then 5 mins later, someone else asks for coin in chat, and they just get a warning lol... favoritsm and shaniquaism i guess

5 minutes ago, Shaniqua said:

then 5 mins later, someone else asks for coin in chat, and they just get a warning lol... favoritsm and shaniquaism i guess

Shani, you know we love you, but rules are rules, and if you are an old player, you clearly know them 😉 

I can't speak of the specific case cause I am not familiar, but my guess would be that a person warned was a newbie, and you are a veteran here already 😁