Stake Forum
wry

LTC Up 100% in First Quarter 2019 & Why Technical Analysis is sorta ??

Featured Comment

Was looking for something newsworthy and the only thing I was was the Bithumb "hack" and I just can't write any more about poorly managed exchanges getting hacked by their own employees and I saw something much more fun, an article on LTC's big price rise in the first quarter to over 60 USD from 30 USD.

Now I had attributed this to the big change LTC is on track to making about being more of a private coin.  I think this will help a lot.  I realize that Monero already scratches that itch for a lot of people, but Monero's fees are high and until January my favorite multicoin wallet, Coinomi didn't support it at all.  But LTC is fas and has low fees, go LTC!  Plus LTC has a block reward reduction coming in August of this year.

However, the article was all technical analysis and charts and trend lines.  I'm obviously not above reading these articles but I just can't come to see it as anything other than retrospective sense making of the market dressed up with math.  If the trend is rising then it's rising until it isn't, same with dropping.

Of course the problem is that since they don't directly produce any earnings you can't really use fundamental analysis on them.  Maybe a good eco system metric will be developed in time, I know some people like to look at recently used addresses, and during the boom, Google searches for Bitcoin.

So if you want to celebrate LTC's big run up, a coin you can play and win here on Stake, check out:  https://www.coindesk.com/up-100-litecoin-price-sets-q1-performance-record

In the meantime, what do you think of the technical analysis explanation of it's rise?

That's pretty interesting I thought that ltc would go up last year around segwit being implemented and the forking bullshit etc LTC is definitely a viable functioning cryptocurrency I think most companies just don't want to commit to servicing a cryptocurrency specifically beyond ethereum or bitcoin and even lots of companies that do are trying to backpedal and utilize multiple cryptocurrencies

Seeing that article it is an indeed positive sign for people or critics who love litecoin and for investors too who have invested in Litecoin. The rise from 30 USD to 60 USD is not big ( people would think ) but it actually is for a coin such as Litecoin with it's history. 

this is very interesting even though it seems a fairly small increase when compared with bitcoin.

but I feel that if we have enough litecoin, then we can get a very high profit.

I just read today in an article on Ltc and they say there's a chance that Litecoin may go up another 140% in value by the end of 2019.  Now that will be nice to see.

I honestly would never have expected the sharp jump in price. It is around $88 at the time of writing this comment, and I think it will stay there. When it was at $30, I thought that that was the new settling price, but clearly I was wrong. Anything is possible in the crypto world, regardless of technical indicators etc. They only serve as a guide to predictions in the market.