Jump to content
Stake Forum
ceastem

Giveaway spammers

Featured Comment

Posted (edited)

 

Recently there are challenges from telegram by Eddie.

There's these two consecutive days, today (by steve i think) and yesterday that i'm pissed about.

Yesterday they're all complaining like "this challenge is too hard" now that the challenge is a wee bit easy they say "lamest challenge ever " " wtf so fast" and all those other spam shits.

I hate people that complains just because they didn't win for god's sake. It's Steve's Giveaway let him be and just be grateful for the chance of getting some free money!

What dp you guys think? should the bets be posted here in forum instead for more peaceful approach? or even unabling us all to chat when winners are done sharing their winning bet for at least 10 mins? (if possible)

Edited by ceastem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that free money often brings out the worst in people.

Based on your title I thought you were going to talk about all the alt accounts that come online and spam, but your example is a good one too of people being opportunistic and ungrateful.

People respond to incentives, and the worst people naturally respond in the worst way. 

The most important thing is that it keeps working for Stake and that a majority of actual users continue to support and reward the site's generosity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well money is what makes us greedy and us as human beings will do anything literally anything if there is a lot of money on the line. I think a better way would be a separate chatroom for the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wry said:

Based on your title I thought you were going to talk about all the alt accounts that come online and spam, but your example is a good one too of people being opportunistic and ungrateful.

yeah i intended to talk about the alt accounts that come out to spam while saying bad things 'bout them since they're basically the same people (maybe). Hitting two birds with one stone!

17 minutes ago, kangarostaples said:

I know the answer, but I havent wagered enough to post my answer.

This is a problem for new players. What's the point of having an external messaging app if newly recruited people can't post their bets? (I'm aware that it takes a few bets with some deposits, but when deposits are confirmed, challenge might already be over! unles this daily tele is a permanent daily thing.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is a lot of spam during the giveaway and the chat is not informative and it is difficult to understand what is happening. Challenges on speed or who faster use Google, not for me. Knowing the answer, I just do not have time. It is necessary that the chances were equal at all like hunting for High X payout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also feel the same as you feel friends, I also feel uncomfortable to those who complain, even though it's free money. how about adding rules that have won will not win again. and also please stake updates on rules in chat 1 person can only send 3 chat times in 1 minute or 30 sec to reduce spam:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kate said:

Well money is what makes us greedy and us as human beings will do anything literally anything if there is a lot of money on the line. I think a better way would be a separate chatroom for the answer. 

Yes! if it's here on the forum, for example, the chatbox ain't gonna be scrolling up every second unlike in stake chat or if in discord and it would be hell lot easier to track winning bets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer if Telegram could open chat for a while so we would post the winning bets there so it could avoid spammers in stake. Also posting these bets on forum and tips in private would be nice too as you said. Anyways, those users who spams and begs actually know that after the giveaway there will be some rains so they chat no-sense messages to rechieve them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello friends its true ,when some thing gained without any labour called free money,but some time the things not in the control by anybody due to heavy traffic.it just a wave for a certain period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with you @ceastem.. and sadly, as @wry said the idea of free money always brings the worst part of people here and it includes all that chat spam when the challenges are over.. it seems that reading that its over brings all the beggars to spam the chat in hope of a higher chance to win the rains and that sucks..

And then people complain when the Staff decides to stop trying to run such giveaways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that posting in the forum is such a wonderful  idea.   

I don't even like  talking in chat during those spam fests.   When mods say stop or its over i just sit back and watch the mute hammer drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing i hate when people dont follow instructions.. and posting other id bets.. to c if eddie wont notice.. and those man almost got it id bets...just listen dont post losing bets or almost got it bets..plain and simple..ending with 77 id bets.. means a winning bet ending id bet in 77.. not 76 or 78..if u win a bet but the last 2 numbers is not 77.. do not post or say damn i was close.. that just giving u less time and lower the odds for u winning..even though the rules were set before hand.. people still do it..<smh>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ceastem said:

What dp you guys think? should the bets be posted here in forum instead for more peaceful approach? or even unabling us all to chat when winners are done sharing their winning bet for at least 10 mins? (if possible)

That is a good idea, so alt accounts can't join the giveaway on the forum because i saw so many alts on the daily telegram giveaways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FotisNt said:

I would prefer if Telegram could open chat for a while so we would post the winning bets there so it could avoid spammers in stake. Also posting these bets on forum and tips in private would be nice too as you said. Anyways, those users who spams and begs actually know that after the giveaway there will be some rains so they chat no-sense messages to rechieve them.

If telegram chat opens, all the spam will be just transferred there, this also applies in discord. So, the best idea I think is here in forum since it limits your post to once every 30 secs or something; due to post limits and no pay in giveaway section, they will think twice of spamming; no rain here so useless chats won't increase chances of being rained on; easier to track winning bets and easy to see who got it first if we are not allowed to edit bets.

 

14 hours ago, Carollzinha said:

I totally agree with you @ceastem.. and sadly, as @wry said the idea of free money always brings the worst part of people here and it includes all that chat spam when the challenges are over.. it seems that reading that its over brings all the beggars to spam the chat in hope of a higher chance to win the rains and that sucks..

And then people complain when the Staff decides to stop trying to run such giveaways

yep that sucks so much, I always preferred Eddie's random .002 rain on random times of the day than to have the rain after the event and most people just spams. Not just complaining when it stops, they're already complaining now! complaining for stupidly guessing and guessing when the staff said its already over lol. a minute after the first warning from staff would be fine but most people still guess even if staff already said STOP a dozen times already. PLUS even a kid can understand the rules, it's not that hard to follow, unless they're...... you said it in your mind, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not let Trivia, there really is spam. What I think is that spam cannot be avoided ... Maybe people will get used to such events a little and it will become easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 7:43 AM, williamshennie9 said:

The saddest part about this is that Eddie mistips these cheaters who spam old bets and other people's bets. Obviously since Eddie has done this multiple times, it provides strong incentives to try and cheat.

Yeah i wished that the dev's try to create a verification for the players so that no person from same ip can win it twice or some type of way to phase out the cheaters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, williamshennie9 said:

The saddest part about this is that Eddie mistips these cheaters who spam old bets and other people's bets. Obviously since Eddie has done this multiple times, it provides strong incentives to try and cheat.

Yup just now, someone was win 0.2 eth by old bet 5000x in hilo thats sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, williamshennie9 said:

The saddest part about this is that Eddie mistips these cheaters who spam old bets and other people's bets. Obviously since Eddie has done this multiple times, it provides strong incentives to try and cheat.

this post just comes across as insidious. I'd bet a Coke you've got a couple alts doing just that. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×